Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a Czech GSD if I have ever seen one. And I breed them.

She will continue to darken up as I said before until she is 18-24 months old.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:

View Quote

No kidding. Cool because I'm Czech. Would Embark give me that level of detail?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By diggerwolf:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I am not sure. But she is definitely working line. There are a few working line registries that do DNA tracking. And would be able to find "relatives".
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, she definitely looks more like a GSD now, and a very pretty one at that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#5]
I found this image of a Czech GSD. Markings are almost exact.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
She's a beauty and I agree that's a Czech GSD, she looks just like my boy.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:09:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BLKVooDoo] [#7]
Misfire double post
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BLKVooDoo] [#8]
Here are 4 newly minted DDR/Czech pups. 4 days old now.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Using puppy facial and body recognition shows 95.7% GSD. I went through a screenshot up here but I'm not a member so I can't do that nice puppy you may have a friend for life.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
This is pretty close to what she will end up looking like at 2 years old.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Update:

We sent off the Embark DNA sample, awaiting the results.

Fleas, ticks, and tapeworms all gone now. She's always hungry. We feed the pack twice a day but Bella eats four times plus snacks. Many evenings she'll go into the utility room where we keep the dog food and bark while looking at the food bins. She's smart.

Plus now that she's well and getting stronger, she is feeling her oats. Tons of energy and just as sweet (to us) as can be. She kinda torments three of the other four dogs. Only the Mini Aussie keeps her in check.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
absolutely gorgeous dog OP.  lucked out the day she found you and the mrs.  cheers to a wonderful life.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Thread needs more puppy pictures…

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]

I mean, it’s pretty safe to bet that BLKVooDoo knows what he’s talking about. He’s sort of dedicated his life to that particular line of that particular breed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#16]
They have told you it is a Ford Mustang

they cannot not tell you the installed option package
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Bella is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Gorgeous pup!
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Lost our GSD a little over 2 years ago, I miss her terribly and these pics don't help...
Cute pup and your story is a great way to get a purebred one!
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#21]
Five months since Bella entered our lives.

Really she's only been well about one month. The worms were so bad it took three rounds of treatment to eliminate them.

But she certainly feels good now. Y'all warned me. She is full of piss & vinegar. She can run the entire length of fence line around our four acres, swim across the pond, and terrorize the other four dogs, all in about ten seconds and without losing her breath.

Incredibly smart, you can almost watch the wheels turning.

She's Mrs Diggerwolf's shadow, which pleases me.

I love her to death.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:01:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#22]
@BLKVooDoo

What is your opinion on the best time to spay a GSD? There seems to be some debate. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#23]
@BLKVooDoo

What is your opinion on the best time to spay a GSD? There seems to be some debate. Thanks.
View Quote

If it must be done, after 2 years old. Between 18-24 months GSDs will go through a final hormone growth spurt. If you have to do it, wait until the dog is two years old.

I void my health guarantee if done before two years old.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#24]

If it must be done, after 2 years old. Between 18-24 months GSDs will go through a final hormone growth spurt. If you have to do it, wait until the dog is two years old.

View Quote

Thanks. Any tips for keeping the horny male coyotes away? We live in the country. What's two years, about four heat cycles? That’s Mrs Diggerwolf's biggest worry...I'd kinda like a litter of GSD/yote pups.

Also, we don't plan to breed her. Any reason to not get her spayed? She's a pet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks. Any tips for keeping the horny male coyotes away? We live in the country. What's two years, about four heat cycles? That’s Mrs Diggerwolf's biggest worry...I'd kinda like a litter of GSD/yote pups.

Also, we don't plan to breed her. Any reason to not get her spayed? She's a pet.
View All Quotes

Spaying is the same as taking the other genders hormones or puberty blockers for humans, if done before they mature and go through "puberty", their physiology gets all mixed up. So wait until she is two. I have no problems with Coyotes. I let my dogs all run free and the coyotes know there is a "pack" of animals bigger than they are here. I hear the coyotes nightly, but they do not get very close. One of my females has brought me more coyotes she has killed than I have killed.

As far as tips, when you see her female parts start to swell up, keep an eye on her and keep her closer. Season cycles are generally 5-6 months apart. However they do not follow the weather seasons.

I do get the occasional lone wolf though. He comes around about once a year.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#26]
She's growing fast.

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#27]
Sorry Diggerwolf for the hijack!

I heard about a guy giving (truly free and I offered him $) away GSD pups.  So I got one.  Here is my little guy. His name is Jefferson.  My wife named him...

He was born July 18 and was 4.5 months old in the pic with his "big" sister.  She is 3.5 years old and weighed 68.5# at her last vet visit in October.  I am going to say he is going to be a big boy.    

Mom is on the left and is German working line.  Dad is on the right and is Czech working line. I told the guy I wanted one that was going to be large and look like Dad.  Dad weighs about 100#.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#28]
blake-b I had to show those pics to my wife. Simply remarkable, those pics of Jefferson look exactly like Bella. Not a little bit, but precisely. I could save them to Bella's gallery and no one would know. Beautiful dog!
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Rudi approves

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#30]
She is such a goofball, She actually likes this outfit. Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Great thread op! Beautiful pup that walked into your life. Congrats .
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Daily drill. Every morning, Mrs Diggerwolf lets the dogs out and Bella goes for a swim in the pond. Then she comes in and looks forward to sitting patiently as Mrs Diggerwolf dries her off with a towel. Weird dog.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Thats fitting. you have as I described a working dog. they like attention. they also demand attention. you have done wonderfully. for that I thank you/
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#35]
You are definitely right about that. She demands attention. Yesterday I spent hours outside doing chores around the house. She followed me all day with a tennis ball. I must have stopped to throw it a hundred times. All day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Great thread.

Good on you raising that dog.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#37]

You'd be surprised. That could very well be a purebred GSD. Head is too wide for a Mal. That is a GSD, and young enough that he hasn't hasn't had his 1st color change yet. GSDs will typically change coloration a few times in the first 2 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
Great loooking pup.

Does not look like a pure bred GSD.

You'd be surprised. That could very well be a purebred GSD. Head is too wide for a Mal. That is a GSD, and young enough that he hasn't hasn't had his 1st color change yet. GSDs will typically change coloration a few times in the first 2 years.

Yeah when I look at pics of my wife's Sable bitch as a pup it's a completely different looking dog.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#38]
We won't be too vigilant looking for the previous owner, this was attached to his collar when we found him, plus he was skin & bones.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134379/leash-2411232.jpg

He's adjusting well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134379/Buddy_060822-2411231.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134379/buddy_060722-2411235.jpg
View Quote

Keep him.  GSD #5 (at the same time) is coming into my house this spring.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks! We're now fairly certain she's a Belgian Malinois, maybe 100%. Signed up for a six-month subscription with Bark Box!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Turkish-M4:

Awww she’s so beautiful!   GSD’s are a handful for about the first 2 years, after that they truly are the best dogs ever!

We do Bark box “super chewers” for our 3 GSD’s and they are the only toys that keep up to them…plus they love the treats!  

Turk

Thanks! We're now fairly certain she's a Belgian Malinois, maybe 100%. Signed up for a six-month subscription with Bark Box!

I got some great chews from them, and some utter shit.  Some way too soft and some rock hard that would fuck up their teeth.  But I got Ruckus his RexSpecs, so he looks all operator and shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#40]

As someone who deals with both breeds, and has been breeding for 12 years....  She is a WL GSD, of likely Czech bloodlines.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Turkish-M4:

Awww she’s so beautiful!   GSD’s are a handful for about the first 2 years, after that they truly are the best dogs ever!

We do Bark box “super chewers” for our 3 GSD’s and they are the only toys that keep up to them…plus they love the treats!  

Turk

As someone who deals with both breeds, and has been breeding for 12 years....  She is a WL GSD, of likely Czech bloodlines.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#41]
@diggerwolf

How’s she doing?  Curious to see how big she gets.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#42]
We figure she's about one year old now. Smart, sweet, obedient, loyal, funny, and a pain in the ass. We love her. Last week she was 75 lbs.

Most mornings she takes a swim in the pond then appears to enjoy and look forward to Mrs Diggerwolf towel-drying her.

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#43]
She's beautiful!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#44]
We figure she's about one year old now. Smart, sweet, obedient, loyal, funny, and a pain in the ass. We love her. Last week she was 75 lbs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134379/IMG_5706-2766766.jpg

Most mornings she takes a swim in the pond then appears to enjoy and look forward to Mrs Diggerwolf towel-drying her.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134379/20230402_093516-2767644.jpg
View Quote

Ve MUST follow our routine!  Hah- gotta love GSDs.  What a gorgeous pup!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks to be a GSD.
My 1 year old, Cseri
I

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#46]
I now understand all the GSD love here.

Bella is incredible. Funny, smart, loyal.

She is my shadow whenever I'm outside and it's a trick to keep her from jumping in the truck whenever I open the door.

The other night, Mrs and I fell asleep watching TV. I got up first and started closing down for the night. Bella went to Mrs' chair and woke her up. "Time to go to bed!"

Very odd love/hate relationship between her and the mini Yorkie we inherited.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Great companion for a good guy, great job OP!  

LOL at Buddy vs Bella.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like she’s fitting in well!

Bump for more pics.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#50]
Bella is absolutely nuts over the water hose.

Here, she's hinting at something...

Page / 3
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top