Proper hotlink

Here's What Our Lawyers Found In ATF's New Rule

OP need to post a summary

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagarooni for later
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Which "rule"?  The ATF has issued all sorts of rules.  Context would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
View Quote
It's all about trying to make individuals be treated as FFLs when selling a firearm.
good video btw.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
It's all about trying to make individuals be treated as FFLs when selling a firearm.
good video btw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
good video btw.

Ok, the gun control that some Republicans helped pass late last year and opened the door for the ATF to do this.  Since the legislature opened the door I do not think this will end up well for us...just like Obamacare.  I hope it does go our way but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Ok, the gun control that some Republicans helped pass late last year and opened the door for the ATF to do this.  Since the legislature opened the door I do not think this will end up well for us...just like Obamacare.  I hope it does go our way but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
View Quote

When the ATF was doing deliberate misinterpretations of long standing GCA '68 law after 50 years of having the opposite interpretation, it was easy to say "bzzzt, wrong".

When the ATF is developing original regulations to interpret fresh Bipartisan Fuck Your Rights legislation, it's a lot harder to overrule the new regs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

When the ATF was doing deliberate misinterpretations of long standing GCA '68 law after 50 years of having the opposite interpretation, it was easy to say "bzzzt, wrong".

When the ATF is developing original regulations to interpret fresh Bipartisan Fuck Your Rights legislation, it's a lot harder to overrule the new regs.
View All Quotes

Exactly, the Dems and establishment Republicans in the legislatures said "Yes ATF, you can have more leeway in determining regulations".  The courts can still intervein but it is now almost at the level where they would be telling Congress no and that is rare.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:

We ain't got no time for gun Rights.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
Originally Posted By TargetTime:
11 minutes is not a short video

We ain't got no time for gun Rights.

Wait we’re supposed to talk about guns?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TargetTime:
11 minutes is not a short video
View Quote

Good lord, how far we've fallen.

11 minutes is now "not short."

It is SO easy to hide information in plain sight right under people's noses now.

If it's not "OW, MY BALLS" nobody pays attention.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:04:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#12]
Proper hotlink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xov8nJznVks

OP need to post a summary

View Quote

I wonder how secession would be viewed if you told everyone you wouldn't have to deal with the atf, fbi, or irs...

After waching the video ... I'm happy they got some decent revisions, but at this point it's like being happy that the bear only bit off one of your arms instead of both.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Good lord, how far we've fallen.

11 minutes is now "not short."

It is SO easy to hide information in plain sight right under people's noses now.

If it's not "OW, MY BALLS" nobody pays attention.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:34:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Exactly, the Dems and establishment Republicans in the legislatures said "Yes ATF, you can have more leeway in determining regulations".  The courts can still intervein but it is now almost at the level where they would be telling Congress no and that is rare.
View All Quotes

Aycshully, the problem is that the Supreme Court already settled this in 2022. In Bruen, it became the government's burden to prove that their law fits within the text of the 2a, is constant with other similar or analogous gun control from the time of adoption, AND that is aligns with America's firearm tradition. 3 out of 3 are required, but they score a 0. Yet they still shove it through.

And of course we have w. VA vs epa more specifically reeling in rogue bureaucratic rule making.

In short, even if Congress passed a bill labeling every person a firearms dealer, it would be invalid via the 2a and further obliterated with Bruen.

That's what it says on paper anyway.
Top Top