Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2023 3:20:16 PM EDT
I am looking at organizations that best support our 2A protections as it seems to be an ever-growing opposition with our leadership, and federal law enforcement in place.  What is the census here as to where our 2A contributions should be distributed to best support our needs?
I used the search tool, and I only found a couple of items awhile back. One in particular stood out “What are the best pro2a organizations? FPC, GOA?, dated 02/05/23” seemed to be most current.
If possible, provide your experiences, comments, concerns with whom you may have knowledge with.
Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
JPFO

small group, but total recall

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
GOA is still legit. @Miami_JBT is a solid dude and super active in the organization. He could explain a lot about their current efforts and accomplishments.  NRA is a dumpster fire. It's sad. I maintain credentials with them as an instructor because they're nearly universally accepted. IDK about the other organizations.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#3]
The Democrats will tell you who:

In the nearly 10 years since the Sandy Hook shooting, the NRA has spent more than $100 million to help elect Republicans who will support their extreme agenda, including Donald Trump.

Fortune: “For instance, in 2020, the NRA alone spent over $12 million campaigning against Biden and another $4.5 million in favor of Donald Trump.”

Yahoo News: “The gun-rights group spent $54 million during the 2016 election cycle, including $30 million to help Donald Trump get elected president.”
View Quote

That said, I recommend to commit to giving $100 a year between several organizations.  Put money in the NRA and in your state association (TSRA for Texas).  GOA and FPC have had big wins recently.  SAF has had some big wins as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
See the numbers:

NRA

NRA Victory Fund

GOA Spending

FPC American Victory Fund

There is really no comparison to what the NRA does at the national level.  GOA is a distant second.  SAF and FPC mostly fight court cases.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The money is important because the anti-gunners are starting to spending more:

Gun control groups poured more money into outside spending than the NRA for the first time during the 2018 election cycle.

More details at Gun Rights Summary.  I think it is somewhat incomplete but it shows the influence of the National Shooting Sports Foundation and that the NSSF and GOA do a substantial amount of lobbying.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WWIIWMD:
JPFO

small group, but total recall

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Ns57wq8/0/38d43e5d/O/i-Ns57wq8.jpg

View Quote

Great organization!

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It's worth being a member and donating to all of them, IMO. If more gun owners did so, we'd be in a much better position. The amount of gun owners I know that couldn't be bothered is crazy and frustrating.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35flANHfElA
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]
NRA Benefactor
GOA Life
SAF Life
NYSRPA Life
FPC give money annually
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like how openly FPC shits on politicians.

I donate to them and GOA.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]
SAF and FPC are getting my donations now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top