Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/8/2024 1:08:19 PM EDT
And that my claims of Dems being autocratic are unfounded, and questioning the 2016 election is conspiracy theory-esque. What are some good materials or reading that use public sources to show it’s not as cut and dry as he thinks and Dems are also showing autocratic tendencies?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Dems want to save democracy by eliminating it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
All of recent history points to the the Democrats being being the more authoritarian of the two parties.

Whether it’s autocratic, or consensus among them, not sure it matters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW:
"Autocratic describes a way of ruling, but not in a nice way. An autocratic leader is one who rules with an iron fist; in other words — someone with the behavior of a dictator. Autocratic rulers don't tend to be popular. They use fear and control to gain total power over their people."
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell him the "pen and phone" presidency era is here but not in the form he thinks
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I would divest from an acquaintanceship with this person entirely.  I see no hope of success in convincing him of your view, and would redirect my mental and physical energy to other prospects.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Point out little things like Obama simply spending money that Congress refused to allocate to implement ObamaCare. Biden having the FBI take down the social media posts that disagreed with his lies. Then ask what did Trump do that was autocratic - even on the border wall he never spent money that Congress wouldn't allocate.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Just say, "that's what checks and balances are for" and move on
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Just point to the voting patterns of Democrats. The Democrat do not laow diversity of thought.  It is their way or the highway.

When there is a question of whether an executive order was legal or not, once the Courts ruled, Trump abided by the judgment. On the other hand, when Biden gets an adverse ruling he simply ignores the ruling.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
You can lead a Dem to knowledge, but you can’t make him think.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]
So he's an autocrat.

If that's what we want to elect.....well, OK.  Part of having a democratic republic is being able to pick your leaders. If Populism and Authoritarianism is what the voters want....that's what they get.

Maybe the status quo of "Just vote for who we tell you, and let the Pros handle everything else!" went on a little too long.  That's the only reason Trump was able to massacre the rest of the GOP field in 2015-2016.  The GOP Base got fed up with having to select from a list that was already pre-decided, made up of people who would never rock the boat.  

You can argue about how terrible or great Trump is....but his impact has utterly changed US politics, and he didn't do that without the support of tens of millions of voters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
my buddy says:  i don't even know what the fuck "autocratic" means.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I swear, democrats really love to ignore the greasy stuff they have done and blame someone else for doing it.  I guess we are just expected to forget the whole covid thing, the russian collusion thing, the FBI spying for democrats thing, the democrats using the IRS to go after the opposition thing, and much more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
What are you questioning about the 2016 election? That’s Hillary-esque.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the really question is why is your buddy a commie?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

OP needs a new friend.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's when you're very picky about your car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Look at the parallels between Germany 1932-33 and US 2020-21.

Fall election
One party wins a plurality and control of government
Capital building is violently attacked in the winter
Ruling party makes a series of moves against out-of-power party because they attacked the capital, repressing, suppressing, jailing, conducting trials with support from judiciary, and empty political posturing within the legislative branch to attack the losing party.

If you want to say the Democrats haven't acted exactly like the Nazis, you need to work pretty hard to detail the differences.

Then try to convince me that Trump being autocratic isn't a defensive move against the anti-democratic and authoritarian moves against him. Forget about Trump, you can't defend what the Dems have done, and you need to answer what it's gonna take to stop them. Maybe the answer to that is radical, crazy, vengeful Trump. Why did the Democrats push that hard, to make such a response even viable? None of this is about Trump. Trump is just a convenient scapegoat for Dems to rationalize violating every norm.

Swap a swastika into the flags, and tell me this isn't exactly Hitler circa 1930s.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
If trump was an autocrat, He'd either still be in office, or dead for treason.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
The difference between Trump and every other politician is that every other politician tries very hard to conceal their ego and megalomania.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:GD-Assemble-Buddy-is-saying-I-m-ignoring-autocratic-tendencies-of-Trump
View Quote

Trump has declared that he will be a dictator on day 1.
Dictator and Autocratic are similar. (difference.guru/difference-between-autocracy-and-dictatorship}

One of his rallies declared it will be the end of democracy.
At another rally, Trump (although he did not actually call it this) wants to replace democracy with a theocracy, based on his version of episcopal, and judges to make decisions based on their interpretation of their bible.
Wants to force car makers to keep installing AM radios so people will listen to episcopal propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Find something more useful to discuss, like ballistics.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dictator and Autocratic are similar. (difference.guru/difference-between-autocracy-and-dictatorship}

At another rally, Trump (although he did not actually call it this) wants to replace democracy with a theocracy, based on his version of episcopal, and judges to make decisions based on their interpretation of their bible.
Wants to force car makers to keep installing AM radios so people will listen to episcopal propaganda.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]
What is your actual disagreement OP? That the Democrats are more autocratic than Trump round 2?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's actually very simple.  

Which side is trying to censor/silence the other?  
Which side simply dismisses the opposition with namecalling and won't engage in debate?

Ask for examples of these tendencies.  You know, like banning things people want like ICE vehicles, gas appliances and incandescent lightbulbs.
View Quote

Just watch all the SOTU speeches by Biden. Enough said.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would divest from an acquaintanceship with this person entirely.  I see no hope of success in convincing him of your view, and would redirect my mental and physical energy to other prospects.
View Quote

1000% correct.

If he’s already going down that path it’s because he wants to and he’s looking for justification for his actions. Given enough time he will GLADLY drop a dime on you if he felt it was the right thing to do.

Me? I would cut him out of my life like a tumor.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And that my claims of Dems being autocratic are unfounded, and questioning the 2016 election is conspiracy theory-esque. What are some good materials or reading that use public sources to show it’s not as cut and dry as he thinks and Dems are also showing autocratic tendencies?
View Quote

How many executive orders did Bidet issue early on in his residency?

Including the "stay in Mexico" policy that required asylum seekers to wait outside of the US. That's what caused a huge surge of illegal immigration.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Based. I'm going to vote for him twice now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
"This Will Be The Nastiest, Dirtiest, Scariest Election In Our History" - Victor Davis Hanson
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's actually very simple.  

Which side is trying to censor/silence the other?  
Which side simply dismisses the opposition with namecalling and won't engage in debate?

Ask for examples of these tendencies.  You know, like banning things people want like ICE vehicles, gas appliances and incandescent lightbulbs.
View Quote

Which side has put at least at least three journalist in prison and is actually trying to put a fourth in prison?

Which side forced people to get jabbed.

Which side is using lawfare to prevent to the leading candidate of the opposing party from getting elected.

I'm sure I've missed some examples
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And that my claims of Dems being autocratic are unfounded, and questioning the 2016 election is conspiracy theory-esque. What are some good materials or reading that use public sources to show it's not as cut and dry as he thinks and Dems are also showing autocratic tendencies?
View Quote
Engaging on their terms is a loser's game.

Say this "Look, faggot, I am not interested in your talking point of the day / new commie word search game. Go tell your mom she's a cunt because she didn't abort your stupid ass."
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the answer.

Long term solution? Get a better friend. If he honestly believes that shit, he is broken and likely pretty fucking stupid. You don't need that shit in your life. It's not easy, I ditched friends and even a few family members over politics and covid.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
The number of Republicans here calling America a form of democracy is alarming.....

Constitutional Republic.     Democracy died in Ancient Greece when they decided to kill Socrates b/c the people who didn't like him had more votes.    Representative Democracy is an even more terrible form of gov't than a Democracy.    151 of 300 elected politicians are much more likely to be corrupted (by say a corporation) and vote for legislation against the people than getting 165,000,001 votes in a nation of 330 million people to vote for legislation that goes against the people.      
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If trump was an autocrat, He'd either still be in office, or dead for treason.
View Quote

It wasn’t for lack of trying.

Or do you think someone who suggests suspending/bypassing the constitution or suggests securing a 3rd term isn’t displaying autocratic tendencies?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Just reply to him with “OMG! As a cisgender white person you are not allowed to say that! Racist much?”

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Politics are quite similar to personal relationships / new friendships.

You listen to what they say, and what they say and how they say it, is as important as what they don’t say. You also after a time need to compare what they say, to what they do / how they act / how things are progressing. Also, stories from other people who know them, and past actions are also important.

Bottom line, you have to read between the lines, as anyone who blindly trusts anyone or anything is heading for huge disappointment.

Good example.

Politicians / people with access to inside information…scream about how deadly Covid is, how critical masks / vaccines / not being in crowds / traveling are.

Next day, those same politicians are caught throwing a big party, with hundreds at their house, or going on vacation to other states / countries, like California politicians to Florida, and no distancing / no masks are ever worn. And they exempt themselves from the experimental vaccines. they don’t act scared or concerned at all…. At they have access to every insider resource, report, etc.

Anyone who can’t see the conflicts / obvious lying and still believes their words is clueless as grandma sending scammers in Africa ten thousand bucks every month for months, long after being shown it’s a scam, same energy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Find a new buddy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#40]
At this point, there is nothing you can say/provide to him that will sway his opinion, just like you will ever see his side of things.

If you still want to be friends, just agree that politics won't be discussed.

Talk about beer, golf, fishing etc. where you can find common ground.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Trump was Pres for 4 years. If he was going to do that, he would have.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Autocratic tendencies in a POTUS wouldn't mean shit had every Democrat since Wilson not spent every waking moment trying to strip power from Congress and the Judiciary.  

No one would give a shit about an autocratic President if the built-in checks still worked.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

My buddy says that the conversation in OP never took place and he’s just looking for post cred by starting a thread with T$ in the title.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are posting on AR15.com, don’t you own an autocratic rifle?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:GD-Assemble-Buddy-is-saying-I-m-ignoring-autocratic-tendencies-of-Trump

He was being facetious. Autists don’t understand human interactions very well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The number of Republicans here calling America a form of democracy is alarming.....

Constitutional Republic.     Democracy died in Ancient Greece when they decided to kill Socrates b/c the people who didn't like him had more votes.    Representative Democracy is an even more terrible form of gov't than a Democracy.    151 of 300 elected politicians are much more likely to be corrupted (by say a corporation) and vote for legislation against the people than getting 165,000,001 votes in a nation of 330 million people to vote for legislation that goes against the people.      
View Quote

It is democratically elected, that is why the term is used.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask him to list the "autocratic tendencies".
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Your buddy is a dumbass, you should kick him in his vagina.(no offense to those who legitimately possess a vagina)
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You can lead a Dem to knowledge, but you can’t make him think.
View Quote

We don't call them dims for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Your “buddy” is an ignorant fool. We are deep into an existential clash with those who will settle for nothing less than the complete and utter destruction of traditional America and each and every individual right, freedom, and concept of liberty memorialized in the Constitution. You should treat him accordingly.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

? Samuel Adams
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top