Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 8:32:21 AM EDT
My friend owns a private investigation company and his windows are tinted 5% (I think). Whatever they are they are BLACK.  Aids in covert surveillance etc.  I asked about the legality of the windows and he said P.I.'s have an exemption on the tint law in GA. I've been looking for this exemption law out of curiosity.   Can't find that law exemption. Where should I look for the law exemption.  Thanks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the same exemption cops have.  More rules for thee, not for me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably the same exemption cops have.  More rules for thee, not for me.
View Quote

Wander back over to GD with the rest of your fellow cop haters. This forum has specific rules. I’ll post the relevant part for your benefit below.

2. "Bashing" of a career field (To include snide remarks, generalizations or contemptuous remarks) is not tolerated in this forum. These posts can lead to the termination of your posting privledges on the sit
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My friend owns a private investigation company and his windows are tinted 5% (I think). Whatever they are they are BLACK.  Aids in covert surveillance etc.  I asked about the legality of the windows and he said P.I.'s have an exemption on the tint law in GA. I've been looking for this exemption law out of curiosity.   Can't find that law exemption. Where should I look for the law exemption.  Thanks gentlemen.
View Quote

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-8/article-1/part-4/40-8-73-1

@jharpphoto

Edit: I reread my own link to the GA law above and according to subsection 10, private investigators are exempt. Sorry for the confusion.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Part of the problem when law enforcement is the only ones who can get window tint exemptions, is that when criminals see a car with illegal tint, they pretty much know it's the cops.  Kind of defeats the purpose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-8/article-1/part-4/40-8-73-1

@jharpphoto

Edit: I reread my own link to the GA law above and according to subsection 10, private investigators are exempt. Sorry for the confusion.

View Quote

thanks for that link. That clears it up.  Appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top