Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2022 4:07:02 PM EDT
I’m looking for a beater watch and considering the G Shock GA 2100 or GA B2100. I’ve never owned a G before because I prefer slimmer analog watches and all their others are super chunky.

The B model has Bluetooth and Solar charging capability for an extra $50.

Anyone have one of these watches? Thoughts? I can’t find them in person so if he ordering online.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have a GAB2100, the bright yellow version. Thin, very light. It is a GShock and no doubt extremely durable. But to me the light weight does not inspire the same confidence of other GShocks or the MVD 106 Duro. The band does feel a little "plastic'y". I ordered a GW5000 band to replace. BlueTooth is convenient for time sync. What happened to the Duro?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I have a GAB2100, the bright yellow version. Thin, very light. It is a GShock and no doubt extremely durable. But to me the light weight does not inspire the same confidence of other GShocks or the MVD 106 Duro. The band does feel a little "plastic'y". I ordered a GW5000 band to replace. BlueTooth is convenient for time sync. What happened to the Duro?
View Quote

I’ve got a Duro but it’s too big for my wrist. How does the 2100 compare in size when wearing?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked one up at Dillards. It’s a great looking watch for a G Shock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a good looking watch. Wears so light the band may not bother you. I picked up a GW5000 band(softer, more flexible) off ebay ~$26. Supposed to be a direct swap, will know next week.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one a month ago at Macys. It takes me longer than I'd like to admit to read the time, but it looks cool. I think I prefer having actual numbers on the dial.

Was shopping around because I lost my DW-5600. I eventually found it and needed new parts because the band and bezel was coming apart. I'll probably go back to the classic once I get it fixed up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one a month ago at Macys. It takes me longer than I'd like to admit to read the time, but it looks cool. I think I prefer having actual numbers on the dial.

Was shopping around because I lost my DW-5600. I eventually found it and needed new parts because the band and bezel was coming apart. I'll probably go back to the classic once I get it fixed up.
View Quote

Of the dozen or so watches I own, I think only one has numbers on the dial.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
They had the neon accented ones and the orange one caught my eye. I guess I like orange things.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top