Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2024 2:18:46 PM EDT
New bike, 200 miles on it.

Lockout function worked perfectly.  Now it is locked and won't release.   Disassembled lockout assembly.  Inspected.  Re-assembled in the unlocked position and now suspension works/compresses properly, but lockout switch won't activate lockout function.  Disassemble and re-assemble in locked position and problem repeats (now locked).  I've tried this several times.  It's either have it locked or have it un/locked but I have no switch function.  The switch itself rotates the assembly so it's not as if there's broken plastic somewhere or something.  I can't get the lockout to function on/off while hand assembled, but when I put the collar on the top which hold down the lock assembly & spring the systems gets stuck in either on or off.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By PRTJeff:
New bike, 200 miles on it.

Lockout function worked perfectly.  Now it is locked and won't release.   Disassembled lockout assembly.  Inspected.  Re-assembled in the unlocked position and now suspension works/compresses properly, but lockout switch won't activate lockout function.  Disassemble and re-assemble in locked position and problem repeats (now locked).  I've tried this several times.  It's either have it locked or have it un/locked but I have no switch function.  The switch itself rotates the assembly so it's not as if there's broken plastic somewhere or something.  I can't get the lockout to function on/off while hand assembled, but when I put the collar on the top which hold down the lock assembly & spring the systems gets stuck in either on or off.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Take it back to the bike shop, it will be covered under warranty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top