Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2023 11:33:28 PM EDT
Anybody freeze fresh pasta and/or pizza dough ?  How’d it turn out ?  Like to start making some, but usually do everything in bulk, if possible.  The interwebs search give mixed reviews .  Usually use vacuum sealer if that makes a difference
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
According to what I've read, freezing pizza dough in a home freezer will retard yeast development as the freezing time is too long (allows water to interfere).

Companies that make frozen pizza/bread dough use blast freezers.

I've also read that if you do freeze dough you need to use it within 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s about half of what I’ve read, or similar.  The other half is folks saying yes no problem.  Figured I’d ask here. Seems to be somebody that’s done it, no mater what the question/subject is
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top