Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2022 9:14:49 PM EDT
No strings. Just a way for Fidelity to become your broker. I got my $100 5 days after the deposit.

https://www.spoofee.com/free-from-fidelity-opening-an-account/deals/967041

I know all of us are millionaires on here.  But, most people do not save enough for retirement.  If you open a Fidelity account with $50 in it, they'll give you $100.  

Open an account. Pick some index funds. Dollar cost average the shit out of it. Check out the Business & Investing subforum.

Or don't.

Posted this a month ago. Got 2 clicks, then got memory holed.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh… If I wasn’t already in Fidelity I’d do that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll just enjoy my money thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My 401k is managed by fidelity. I presume that’s not a disqualifier?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

@FALARAK said he was able to in the Business & Investing subforum when I posted this a month ago.

I don't get anything from this. No referrer points, nothing. Just trying to spread the wealth.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No strings. Just a way for Fidelity to become your broker. I got my $100 5 days after the deposit.

https://www.spoofee.com/free-from-fidelity-opening-an-account/deals/967041

I know all of us are millionaires on here.  But, most people do not save enough for retirement.  If you open a Fidelity account with $50 in it, they'll give you $100.  

Open an account. Pick some index funds. Dollar cost average the shit out of it. Check out the Business & Investing subforum.

Or don't

Posted this a month ago. Got 2 clicks, then got memory holed.

View Quote

Can you close the account after you get the 100 dollars?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can you close the account after you get the 100 dollars?
View Quote

Take the free money and use it to invest in some cheap stock with decent prospects. If you lose it, who cares? You could make some money, too.

I made like $10k this year because I got drunk and bought a shit ton of some bullshit stock I read about.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn. I signed up with them 6wks ago.  Been happy with them so far, though.  

Can't believe I didn't do this 20yrs ago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Investing may not be as exciting as Glocks latest perfection.  But it's more important,  in the long run. Thanks Op.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Opened a new account for myself. Tried to open one for my wife and it keeps erroring out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Opened a new account for myself. Tried to open one for my wife and it keeps erroring out.
View Quote

Call them.  They are very helpful, great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Beware, I signed up last month, funded the account.

Went to access it later and was locked out. Spent hours on the phone with customer service and learned their fraud department marked my account as fraudulent. They could not help me, promised I’d get a call back.

It’s been two weeks, no calls. Made a SEC complaint this week.

I suspect they are marking random new accounts and possible fraud, locking up the funds while they use them and giving customers the run around.

If their customer service phone jockeys are any indication of company performance I’d avoid this outfit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
How much have you made?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How much have you made?
View Quote

I "lost" $2.  So I am up $98.

I didn't say I knew what I was doing. I just saw a "free $100" link and decided to pass it on!
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I am in the USA and USA citizen. Entered all data including SSN and DOB. Not using VPN.

It said it could not verify me.

I love it when companies have their fraud detection turned up to 11.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Got more than that when I opened an Ameritrade account. Got lucky, just felt like moving from where my investments were and was told Ameritrade handled custodial accounts (basically a place to hold my investments).

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL... I’m usually forking out between $2k - $5k once a week.

For a lot of people, making a $1 million+ deposit for a promo credit is like pocket change.

————————————-

Quoted:

Went to access it later and was locked out. Spent hours on the phone with customer service and learned their fraud department marked my account as fraudulent. They could not help me, promised I’d get a call back.

I suspect they are marking random new accounts and possible fraud, locking up the funds while they use them and giving customers the run around.

If their customer service phone jockeys are any indication of company performance I’d avoid this outfit.

View Quote

Brokerage firms run background checks (financial and criminal) so, the “fraud” flag may actually be related to something other than fraud.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#21]
The Missus got $100 for getting a Fidelity VISA that offered 2% cash back on everything.  We were looking for one anyway, so it was a free C-note.

Fidelity is a good outfit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, no.  They have more to lose than you do.

I have had great CS from Fidelity for about 40 years.

ETA: Is it possible someone has scammed your SS #, and Fidelity thinks you're the scammer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks OP.  Sign up was pretty painless.  No clue what to invest in as I’m sort of a set it and forget type when it comes to these sorts of things.  Lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]
BTT for day crew.  Get rich people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!

Three days in the Stock market….
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Uh, no.  They have more to lose than you do.

I have had great CS from Fidelity for about 40 years.

ETA: Is it possible someone has scammed your SS #, and Fidelity thinks you're the scammer?
View Quote

How the fuck would I know when they refuse to communicate? Not sure how they think I could be scamming them by transferring money from my credit union to their balance.

All I know is they stole $100 and refuse to return it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks OP.  Sign up was pretty painless.  No clue what to invest in as I’m sort of a set it and forget type when it comes to these sorts of things.  Lol
View Quote

You probably want to get an ETF of some sort then that tracks several stocks. I'm more interested in the ones that pay a dividend, like SCHD or JEPI. (Careful on jepi, read up on its tax implications)

Or you could go with one of the growth ETFs like VTI that tracks the whole market. Or VONG or VYM. Lots of places to learn about this stuff. Seeking alpha is a good website to start.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Just signed up with the promo code and put $50 in. When does the $100 show up and how do you know you are getting it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#29]
The $100 is simply re-directed marketing dollars being used to gain new business.  The return on that is probably pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks OP.  I’ll tell my wife and kids.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Duping your own thread?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Free-100-Open-a-Fidelity-account-Put-in-50-within-15-days/133-2575070/
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#33]
You getting a 1099 on that at the end of the year?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I switched to fidelity for banking about a year ago after navy federal pissed me off one last time.

I’m a huge fan of fidelity now, great customer service, great app, great website, free withdrawals at any ATM etc, would use again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#35]
87,000 new IRS agents assure you pay taxes on that free money!
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably so. Too bad we already have accounts with them though, I want my free hundie
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#37]
So how do you go about opening this if you already use Fidelity for your 401k?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who cares?  Whatever the net is, it's still free moola.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I tried it but it said it couldn't verify my address or something and quit the app. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nope.  And we did this last month.  I started a new account, put in $50, got $100 at the end of the month.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  And we did this last month.  I started a new account, put in $50, got $100 at the end of the month.

Nice. I have my IRA and HSA with Fidelity. I "accidentally" opened an Individual Investment Account with them when I transitioned the above accounts to Fidelity. Never deposited anything in it. Just submitted a request to close. When it's showing as closed, going to try the promo route. I like free money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I said to myself, "hey, why not take advantage of free money."

I tried to open an account, and apparently, someone has already done so with my SSN

I manage my own 401, so it's not a third party account or anything like that. The email associated with it is a protonmail account that I don't recognize/isn't mine, and I've never seen the last four of the phone number. Now I get to look out for further communication from Fidelity to hopefully resolve the issue.

TL/DR: Trying to open an account, I get to go down the identify theft rabbit hole instead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't have one so thank you OP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I already have fidelity brokerage. Can i still get $100?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you get $100, lose $100 on meme stocks, then have to pay taxes on the $100.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I can do better taking $50 and investing in lottery scratchers
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell them you want in on the promo or your closing your account.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Unless you get $100, lose $100 on meme stocks, then have to pay taxes on the $100.
View Quote

Win some, lose some. Welcome to the stock market.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#48]
We just moved everything we could, without incurring tax penalties, out of our Fidelity account.

We moved it to a Schwab account and Fidelity insisted on mailing us a check made out to Schwab so we could hand deliver it. I don't know why they would not do a wire transfer.

They used UPS next day air, and of course the check got lost.

UPS says that they were too busy to deliver it the next day as promised and then lost the check.

I must say that Fidelity was good about cutting us another check and UPS did get it to us.

The lost check showed up a week later.

We were limited in what we could invest in with Fidelity because it was a 403b account and we found that our Schwab account was making far more money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We just moved everything we could, without incurring tax penalties, out of our Fidelity account.

We moved it to a Schwab account and Fidelity insisted on mailing us a check made out to Schwab so we could hand deliver it. I don't know why they would not do a wire transfer.

They used UPS next day air, and of course the check got lost.

UPS says that they were too busy to deliver it the next day as promised and then lost the check.

I must say that Fidelity was good about cutting us another check and UPS did get it to us.

The lost check showed up a week later.

We were limited in what we could invest in with Fidelity because it was a 403b account and we found that our Schwab account was making far more money.
View Quote

Lots of outfits do this.  I recently did a direct rollover from one tax-deferred account into a rollover ira at Fidelity.  The original outfit had to cut me a paper check, which I then had to send to Fidelity.  It was a hassle but it got done.  Maybe there is a security issue and a paper check is considered less likely to be scammed than an e-transfer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

But you can declare the $100 loss on your taxes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top