Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 2:27:37 AM EDT
This weekend I took the family out camping.  The location is local to me and has no history of recent Sasquatch reportings.  Typical Memorial Day traffic, all campsites are occupied with tent and travel trailer campers.

The first night I heard tree knocks at two different times during the night.  I alerted the wife to the possibility of Sasquatch activity.  

The second night at about 23:30 I heard a very loud tree knock just moments before a vehicle drove down the primative road.  That got my immediate attention.  A few minutes later I heard the coyotes yelping and that caused me to wake my wife and tell her to listen because this is all classic Sasquatch stuff.  I told my wife to expect them to move behind our tent because of the area topo.  Twenty minutes later, my son is getting something thrown at tent just above his head.  Shortly after that we hear a tree knock right behind our tent.  This morning my son showed me a pile of little sticks right were he was sleeping.  

One thing of note, my son was experimenting with dead fall traps.  It might have been that trap that caused them to check us out.  Or it could have been that they were checking to see if we were awake, and once they heard activity in the tent they knocked to alert others.  

Whats interesting when this was happening my son was shaking with fear and he said that he felt his head get really hot and he was getting dizzy.  

We are going to keep investigating the site and I will post if we find new info.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I love this place
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
First off, where at in the USA?!?

Secondly, weed is strong these days OP. Maybe not smoke so much of it tonight?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you hear banjos?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Re you sure it wasn't Michelle O?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Great story.

Install trail cams for the blurry win.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great story.

Install trail cams for the blurry win.
View Quote

We might get to that point.  Right now I placed an audio recorder to start collecting some time data. I am getting ready to collect it and see if we had a third night of activity.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First off, where at in the USA?!?

Secondly, weed is strong these days OP. Maybe not smoke so much of it tonight?
View Quote

I don't advertise locations, no drugs were involved.  I forgot to mention that the insects also went quiet when we had the activity behind our tent.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you hear banjos?
View Quote

I wish, you know how hard it is to find a jam band at a campsite these days?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Re you sure it wasn't Michelle O?
View Quote

Well nothing was stolen when they left, so we ruled Michelle out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet your wife was tired after being alerted and awakened every night.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't advertise locations, no drugs were involved.  I forgot to mention that the insects also went quiet when we had the activity behind our tent.
View Quote
That makes no sense.. now I really don't believe you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well nothing was stolen when they left, so we ruled Michelle out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bet your wife was tired after being alerted and awakened every night.
View Quote

No, I didn't wake her the first night.  The second night I did, but my son was scared so she was dealing with him.  This isn't her first rodeo, she knows a lot about the subject.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That makes no sense.. now I really don't believe you.
View Quote

Shucks.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I cannot believe we have a forum for this.

At the same time, Im thankful we do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This isn't cutting edge stuff anymore, but these entities are very real.  Someday it will probobly be more common knowledge, until then...
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I retrieved my recorder this morning.  I will share anything interesting.
Crossing my fingers because I wasn't prospecting the site, this was the only camp site available and I lucked into it.  Either way, this area is going to become a long-term research project.  We are at Day 3.

We also noticed a power line easement running down the mountain less than a half mile behind our camp site.  These are well known travel corridors.

As stated earlier, this area has a history of a few encounters, but nothing recent.  I need to determine if this is a transient location or an active location.  The later would make for some interesting research.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you would be more comfortable in the Hunk of the Day forum
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you hear banjos?

You're going to the wrong music festivals then!
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We also noticed a power line easement running down the mountain less than a half mile behind our camp site.  These are well known travel corridors.
View Quote

It's my understanding they don't like electromagnetic fields.

Yet, they use power-lines are travel corridors?

Just asking. (I have sincere interest.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know you are bringing an interesting perspective to this.  I don't know if they like/dislike electrical fields, but the evidence suggests they are very sensitive to them and even more crazy, able to interact or interfere with it.  

I always assumed they use the power line cut as a landmark for navigation.  But if they are sensitive to the field, they may use it as a compass, navigating based on the field strength relative to their position.  Interesting thought for sure.

An easy way to test that theory would be to bring a field strength meter, find the detectable edge, and look for signs of travel.  It just so happens I have such a meter.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Knocks are interesting the problem is another group of humans knocks, and another group of humans answers. The first group thinks theyre calling in a bigfoot and does a howl. The second group packs up and posts online that they got chased out of their campsite by a bigfoot.

We need a rulebook. Like a human knock will always be 3, 2, 1 or something.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Knocks are interesting the problem is another group of humans knocks, and another group of humans answers. The first group thinks theyre calling in a bigfoot and does a howl. The second group packs up and posts online that they got chased out of their campsite by a bigfoot.

View Quote

Only "Knock" in prime numbers, 1,2,3,5,7,11 . . . . . . A prime number is only divisible by itself and one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wood knocks are a rather common sound where humans are. Some hammering in tent stakes, some bored, some and iv a great many times, smacking a branch against a tree to break it up for firewood or other uses.

Unless someone sees bigfoot doing it, its very well safe to assume it's a human.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I really want there to be some sort of bigfoot wandering around out there, but...

Quoted:...Unless someone sees bigfoot doing it, its very well safe to assume it's a human.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
If you are in a popular research area it is possible to hear other researchers wood knocking, but a distant wood knock would be meaningless to me.

If you are in a populated area, Sasquatch tends to communicate more subtly so human activity could be a reasonable explanation.  

When you are in an isolated environment, late hours of the night, the wood knocks are close, coyotes are going ape shit, you are running NVG or thermal, and having other associated activity.  The human explanation becomes laughable.  The more you experience it, the more you understand.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

.My research is limited but there could be different breeds so to speak of sasquatch. Sort of like humans and different races. Some might have adapted to certain things.  It's also my belief that they have a language of their own, and are scattered about.  Possibly extraterrestrial.  IDK but theres too many stories and too many that are similar for it to be 100% made up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#30]
@ FistPeso are you saying that the sound of tree knocking like a limb being bashed against a tree is a sign.  Also coyote's yelping and chattering in an alarm fashion is also an indication?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@ FistPeso are you saying that the sound of tree knocking like a limb being bashed against a tree is a sign.  Also coyote's yelping and chattering in an alarm fashion is also an indication?
View Quote

Tree knocking is a sign that that they are in the area, the same as rock clacking and other signaling methods.  Coyotes yelping by itself is not a sign, but in conjunction with tree knocks it gets my attention because there tends to be a correlation to the movement of both.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Tree knocking is a sign that that they are in the area, the same as rock clacking and other signaling methods.  Coyotes yelping by itself is not a sign, but in conjunction with tree knocks it gets my attention because there tends to be a correlation to the movement of both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@FistPeso sent you IM
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you at least tell us what state this occurred in?  Not asking where you live, rather what area this incident occurred in, since you were on vacation and all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Can you at least tell us what state this occurred in?  Not asking where you live, rather what area this incident occurred in, since you were on vacation and all.
View Quote

MO has it's fair share of activity.  Other than Hawaii, they are in your state.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#35]
FYI I haven't been back to this location since Memorial Day.  My son is too spooked and doesn't want to return.  But I will be back sometime this fall.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@FistPeso sent you IM
View Quote

@JGPSTAHL replied.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Sasquatch is a myth!

Do you know why I’m certain??
Attachment Attached File

This guy never got one mounted.

Seriously, no one has EVER shot one or even hit it with a car.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

MO has it's fair share of activity.  Other than Hawaii, they are in your state.
View Quote

Yes, Missouri supposedly has them too down in the southern part of the state.  I have lived in total podunk middle of nowhere to suburban KC and have yet to see a Bigfoot, UFO or anything cryptid.  But then again, it seems like all of the Bigfoot sightings are way down south and everywhere I have lived is north of I-70.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sasquatch is a myth!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56603/8D4DBA27-6F86-4497-92F1-308F297AEC17_jpe-1650396.JPG

View Quote

because samsquatch is not true flesh & blood animal of this earth
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I live on the Great Plains, so not much chance of meeting Bigfoot/Sasquatch.  

Last week we spend a few days in the Black Hills of South Dakota and that seemed like a perfect location to potentially see Bigfoot/Sasquatch.  I kept my eyes open, but no luck.  I would have been just as excited to see a bear but all we saw were buffalo (still pretty damn cool), prairie dogs and pronghorn.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sasquatch is a myth!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56603/8D4DBA27-6F86-4497-92F1-308F297AEC17_jpe-1650396.JPG

View Quote

Nessie is just sasquatch with a snorkel!
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Comment removed. This is a tech forum, not GD - DV8
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Comment removed. This is a tech forum, not GD - DV8
View Quote

Stop with that stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#46]
OP please update the thread if/when you go back out to the same spot again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Edited for COC
Top Top