Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2023 1:19:50 PM EDT
..and it only took 5 months to get it!  I had applied when I was discharged and got tinnitus after I was exposed to a couple of explosions.  Back then they said "no proof, no nothing"  not even a 0%.  Tried again and this time it went through.  I did submit my exit exam that showed a hearing loss so I guess that did it.  Maybe they wanted proof the the explosions I experienced but whatever.

Now what do I do about my doctors?  I like the ones I have now.  I have Medicare and Blue Cross and I understand VA charges Medicare and BCBS when you go to the VA.  I'll have to look into that.

I would like to get my prescriptions through the VA but I just started a BCBS Medicare drug plan so.....

Anyways how long is it taking anyone else for 10% tinnitus?  Did I get lucky?
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I discharged SC for tinnitus, among other things. You're going to want to register for VA healthcare and get a VA PCP. You may only see them annually but they will need to order any medications the VA provides if you maintain your local Doc. Alternatively, you can move all of your care to the VA.

At 10%, you're in Priority Group 3. You would still have copays for most things. The medications would be cheaper though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 603Born:
My tinnitus was seemingly automatic.  I wasn't even looking for compensation for it, but my advocate submitted for it because I was Army 12B.
View Quote

12b here also and mine was pretty easy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KampusKop:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KampusKop:
Originally Posted By 603Born:
My tinnitus was seemingly automatic.  I wasn't even looking for compensation for it, but my advocate submitted for it because I was Army 12B.

12B/51B here. I then reclassed to 44E (machinist) but still spent most of that time in engineer units. So I was around all the explosions along with all the combat vehicles. My first duty assignment was to the US military's only operating rail road battalion. We provide engineer support to either build or demolish stuff for the military rail system. I was in combat engineer units after that. My last duty station was NTC/Ft Irwin - NTC support Bn.

IIRC, the prescription copay goes away once you are rated at 50%. I also don't know if you have to rated at a certain percentage to qualify for hearing aids through the VA. I get a new pair of hearing aids for free through the VA every 5 years. I'm rated 70% UI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top