Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Did you buy it through Silencer Shop?
Is the suppressor at your local dealer?
View Quote

Yeah, SS. My other 3 silencers were flawless, maybe a couple days in preparing eform status. However, this was also last year when it was still 300 days for trusts and 270 for individuals.

Was going to call them today but didn't have time. First thing I had planned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By QRB:

I think you are missing my point. They process Form 1 trusts in a few days. Therefore, the trust aspect of the process takes little if any extra time. Thus there is no logical reason for Form 4 trust applications to be delayed so significantly.

But then, logic is a mental process not to be applied to those in the "gubermint."
View Quote

I didn't realize that Form 1s on trusts were that fast right now. Maybe I should SBR some more stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
Sanity check here. My Form 4 says "certified" on my Silencershop dashboard. That means it's awaiting ATF approval correct?
View Quote

Did you get an email from eForms saying your status is SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS?

You should have gotten it right after certifying.

SS is laggy with updates. It sometimes takes a few days for them to update your status. My account said “ready to certify” a few days after I actually certified.

Once you certify, you really have no more use for SS. All communication will be from eForms.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RupertStilinski:

SS is laggy with updates. It sometimes takes a few days for them to update your status. My account said “ready to certify” a few days after I actually certified.

Once you certify, you really have no more use for SS. All communication will be from eForms.
View Quote

What?  I did an eForm 4 via my local dealer through SS system the last week of February and it doesn’t show in my ATF eForms dashboard.  This is my first eForm 4.  My old eForm 1s all show but this 4 doesn’t.  Is that normal?  I called ATF the other day just to confirm they have it and it shows PENDING on their end.  I only called because I was surprised mine hasn’t come back with all these 1-2 day approval stories.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My boss and I purchased suppressors together in Feb. The shop we purchased from uses Silencer Shop. I certified mine Feb 26. My status still says "certified".

My boss finally got around to certifying his Monday. Came back approved today (Weds).

Happy for him but WTF!
View Quote

Must be something with late February cert dates.  I did mine on 2/21 and nothing yet.  Meanwhile people getting them back in a day or two.  Who knows?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:
New doj red flag center and quicker NFA approvals?  Coincidence?  J/k but maybe not j/k.
View Quote

Something to think about.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#7]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

What?  I did an eForm 4 via my local dealer through SS system the last week of February and it doesn’t show in my ATF eForms dashboard.  This is my first eForm 4.  My old eForm 1s all show but this 4 doesn’t.  Is that normal?  I called ATF the other day just to confirm they have it and it shows PENDING on their end.  I only called because I was surprised mine hasn’t come back with all these 1-2 day approval stories.
View Quote

Yes, that is normal for it to not show on your ATF eForms dashboard, but you should have received an email from eForms that they received the form.
Does your SS timeline look like this?:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FETT85:
I just got my bonus and poor financial decisions are about to follow

View Quote

Ambien walrus says "It's all good!"
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Started a form 4  last Thursday haven't heard anything yet boo
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Yes, that is normal for it to not show on your ATF eForms dashboard, but you should have received an email from eForms that they received the form.
Does your SS timeline look like this?:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/958/IMG_5986_jpeg-3190828.JPG
View Quote

Timeline looks just like that so I guess I’m good.  Just not part of the quick turnaround club.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Although I bought the can more than a week ago, the Form 4 wasn’t submitted until today.  I used Capitol Armory because they had it in stock.  I’ve used both CA and SS in the past.  

This is my first can in ten years.  The last one I bought was before the 41F nonsense.  

You have to call CA to do an online guided certification to submit to the FATF.  The guy I talked to said they’ve been really busy.  Makes me wonder how long approval will take.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

Timeline looks just like that so I guess I’m good.  Just not part of the quick turnaround club.
View Quote

The email looks like this:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:53:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sanity check here. My Form 4 says "certified" on my Silencershop dashboard. That means it's awaiting ATF approval correct?

Thanks for the response. I did get the email from eforms the day I certified.  My eform status does not list any forms pending or any other status. Is that normal?

At what point do you call to check?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

All the good cans are sold out everywhere.

Unless you get lucky with a in-stock notice somewhere, the back order wait time is longer than approval times.
View Quote

I noticed that. Damn
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
Although I bought the can more than a week ago, the Form 4 wasn’t submitted until today.  I used Capitol Armory because they had it in stock.  I’ve used both CA and SS in the past.  

This is my first can in ten years.  The last one I bought was before the 41F nonsense.  

You have to call CA to do an online guided certification to submit to the FATF.  The guy I talked to said they’ve been really busy.  Makes me wonder how long approval will take.
View Quote

The whole process will take about 30 days.

The longest wait is the CLEO notification and the 7+ days they wait after that before shipping to you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Just had an approval come back in 23hrs.

I’ve been seeing some reports that times are lengthening again, but it appears ATF is still keeping up pace.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:

View Quote

My Form 4 once submitted was approved just under 48 hours later.

My entire timeline for a CA mail direct can is looking to be 3/28 (Ordered) and ~4/28  (est delivered date, as mine will ship 4/24).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Came through this morning… 39 hours. Beats my previous record from a couple weeks ago of 72hrs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for the response. I did get the email from eforms the day I certified.  My eform status does not list any forms pending or any other status. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!
View All Quotes

Thanks in advance!

Yes, normal. They won’t show up in your eforms account, that info would be in the account of the person transferring to you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Submitted an Eform 4 Individual last Friday, came back approved Tuesday of this week. Turnaround time is still fast. When I went to pick up my can at the dealer yesterday, their printer was running pretty much the whole time printing out the approved forms for the day. Pretty incredible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:08:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: braapJob] [#21]
Originally Posted By braapJob:

Yeah, SS. My other 3 silencers were flawless, maybe a couple days in preparing eform status. However, this was also last year when it was still 300 days for trusts and 270 for individuals.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By braapJob:

Did you buy it through Silencer Shop?
Is the suppressor at your local dealer?

Called dealer, it's sitting in their inventory with my name on it. Been waiting an hour on hold with SS.
As usual, when I finally start to call around and find out what's going on (firearm or non-firearm related), status changes and it's ready. SS went from Pending to Action Required and they said the Form3 was the obvious hold up. My dealer got the OCM last night.

Just certified and the dealer said they had a sub-24 hour approval this week.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:22:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RupertStilinski] [#22]
*Edited because I missed someone above saying the exact same thing.

Anyhoo, Reddit (I know) seems to think the fast turnarounds are cooling off. The sweet spot was the last few months. More and more people are getting jammed up now than previously.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#23]
*Edited because I missed someone above saying the exact same thing.

Anyhoo, Reddit (I know) seems to think the fast turnarounds are cooling off. The sweet spot was the last few months. More and more people are getting jammed up now than previously.
View Quote

That is true. The Form 4 is only viewable on the dealer's/transferor's eForms until the transfer is completed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Certified a F4 this morning.

My last one was three weeks so it should be easy to beat that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Just certified my eform4 with single shot trust at the ffl this morning. Waiting on the atf to certify from 4/16/2024 and 4/24/2024.  Suppressors are at the ffl in jail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Not the record for sure, but I'll take it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up my new Dead Air Nomad L today.  Purchased last Thursday, docusign Friday, ready to certify Saturday afternoon.  Submitted Saturday afternoon with email received.  Approved today at lunch time.

93 hours and 32 minutes from submitted to approved.  And half that time wasn't even a work day.

I had to force myself out of the store without buying another.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I know individual times are fast, how have trusts with one RP been?  I just bought a turbo K and I’m wondering if my trust will be fast too or if I should cancel and change it to individual for the sake of speed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RHR_12:
I know individual times are fast, how have trusts with one RP been?  I just bought a turbo K and I’m wondering if my trust will be fast too or if I should cancel and change it to individual for the sake of speed.
View Quote

Depends. Trusts are taking between 1-4 months, currently, if they were certified within the last couple months. Otherwise, you're probably looking at 6-9 months.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Have an eform 4 in the works myself, ran through SS. Should I receive an email when it’s approved or will they just let the transferring dealer know?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By geauxtac308:
Have an eform 4 in the works myself, ran through SS. Should I receive an email when it’s approved or will they just let the transferring dealer know?
View Quote

You will get an email directly from the ATF.
That will likely arrive far in advance of any SS updates.

Once you get the email, hit your FFL and enjoy your can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Just had an approval come back in 23hrs.

I’ve been seeing some reports that times are lengthening again, but it appears ATF is still keeping up pace.
View Quote

I'm at 3 weeks now. Coworker went to Tennessee Silencer and did the eForm 4 on the Silencer Shop kiosk. Got his approved yesterday for both his cans.
Another coworker is approaching 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Does the $200 tax apply to both SBRs and suppressors?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I've had three pending since October.

Individual approvals are fast.

Trust approvals are garbage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Kills me to be reading all these quick turnarounds and my 2-22-24 eForm 4 individual still hasn’t come back.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Posted in the other thread I just had a three day turnaround.

Really nothing more that I need...

The new SiCo Ti 9mm can looks sweet. May dip into a low back pressure can at some point. Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Does the $200 tax apply to both SBRs and suppressors?
View Quote

Yes. $200 per to make or transfer any NFA item but AOW.

AOW is $200 to make(if you do your own) and $5 to transfer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#38]
For real though, I have a bad feeling about this

Nothing ever just gets better
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote

Potato salad gets better after a day or two in the fridge.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I certified last Friday, as an individual and am still waiting.  My hopes of one of these lighting fast approvals have been dashed.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Bought a can from silencershop on the 11th of April. Did all the paperwork, submitted my picture, got fingerprinted. Everything looks complete but My status is "Current Stage: Form 4: Preparing for eForms" for the last 2 weeks. I haven't even gotten to the part where I fill out the atf eform yet.  What the fuck is taking  so long?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
Bought a can from silencershop on the 11th of April. Did all the paperwork, submitted my picture, got fingerprinted. Everything looks complete but My status is "Current Stage: Form 4: Preparing for eForms" for the last 2 weeks. I haven't even gotten to the part where I fill out the atf eform yet.  What the fuck is taking  so long?
View Quote

Did your dealer get the can yet?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:22:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLookingGlass] [#43]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

View All Quotes

I don't know. I sent an email to my FFL early this morning and am waiting on a reply. Edit: just got a reply. My FFL has not gotten the silencer. He says he is waiting on SS.  :/

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#44]
OCM5 just came through. Form 3 took 3x as long.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I bought my first can from ss same day 4/11, Did the eform 4 with single shot, did the kiosk at ffl 4/14. Certified 4/ 24. waiting for the atf to sign off. Suppressor landed at my ffl 4/23.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I submitted a efile form 4 for a can yesterday as an individual around 3:30pm.  

Hoping for a quick turn around
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote

Like this is a beta test of the new backend and it is ready for prime time?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I just had to see how fast the turnarounds are, so I found a can in stock at my local dealer, submitted on 4/22.
Now the wait begins, my previous fastest was 89 days

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:
Originally Posted By geauxtac308:

I’d been shooting my new suppressor for almost a week before I got the “good news” email from SS
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I’d been shooting my new suppressor for almost a week before I got the “good news” email from SS
View Quote

I didn’t get the SS email for my DA Mask for almost 11 months after ATF approved it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top