Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 9:17:44 PM EDT
Anybody have one or know about them?is it worth it? When will the markups end? it’s certainly not worth it to me at the price osome of these people are asking are they getting these prices for them?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the supercharged V8 with like 750hp?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned a Gen 1 V8 and Gen 2 V6 raptors. I'd buy a Raptor R in a heartbeat if I didn't need the heavier truck for towing.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Good looking (and sounding) trucks with a lot of power that aren't really good at doing any truck stuff and aren't actually that fast.

I had a 2020 Raptor and it was a great daily driver, but didn't do any one thing very well.  It was just good all around.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The markups won’t end.  You ain’t getting one for much less than 20k over. Most dealers know they can get 25k.  I’ve purchased 13 vehicles, including a 23’ raptor, from my one ford dealers and he wouldn’t give the r allocation to me less than 20k over.  It’s big money for a ford but will likely retain the value.  Worth it over debt?  No.  That money will buy a much faster car and then some.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sanman28:
The markups won’t end.  You ain’t getting one for much less than 20k over. Most dealers know they can get 25k.  I’ve purchased 13 vehicles, including a 23’ raptor, from my one ford dealers and he wouldn’t give the r allocation to me less than 20k over.  It’s big money for a ford but will likely retain the value.  Worth it over debt?  No.  That money will buy a much faster car and then some.
View Quote

The markup seems insanely high to me. I was thinking about it because it’s the most bad ass truck ever and in the future everything will be getting electric or partial hybrid, and I don’t want that crap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Just get a TRX, dealers can’t sell them at msrp right now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1BMF:
View Quote

I remember when they were going for way over I’m wondering if next year the raptor  R will be at MSRP
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Spending excessive money/going into debt to impress anonymous people on the road.........
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Dealer had one here, added $50k on top, sold instantly.

That’s all I have
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

I remember when they were going for way over I’m wondering if next year the raptor  R will be at MSRP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Base raptors sell for over MSRP, the R will never not have a markup.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Want to trade my Roush F-150SC for one. Not going to but I want to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Since the regular Raptor wasn't quite pricey enough.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe it’s a limited production, that, combined with being a V8, makes me think the prices will stay above MSRP for a while, possibly the entire time they are sold new. Guy around me has one, sounds great and looks mean but I’d spend that cash on something else.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:16:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#15]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Spending excessive money/going into debt to impress anonymous people on the road.........
View Quote

Maybe it’s not excessive money to him.
Maybe he’s not going in to debt.
Maybe he doesn’t give a shit what others on the road think.

I know it’s a tough concept, but some people like and enjoy things that you might not.

OP, I got a bait and switch, going to be really tough not paying well over MSRP.  That’s the shitty part.  I ordered a Raptor for under MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#16]
Originally Posted By HLB0302:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HLB0302:

There are dealers that will order / sell an R for msrp.

Just getting one off the lot, for msrp won’t happen.

I can order one right now for MSRP.  Just probably won’t get it till next year.

I can get a normal Raptor for MSRP or less.  Same with the Bronco.  And Ranger.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Since the regular Raptor wasn't quite pricey enough.
View Quote

Compared to other 1/2 ton trucks on the market, option for option, a base or close to base raptor is actually a bargain.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#18]
If a buck fifty on a play car is no big deal, get one.  Im sure you will grin ear to ear, and unlikely to be such a vehicle in the future.  That is what is driving folks to spend money on them now.  Im sure a few are tucking them away for resale later too.  A ZL1 camaro is certainly going to have a nice spot in my garage next to the raptor.......thats another dinosaur to get while you still can!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

View Quote

Sorry, but this is not true.  Aint happening.  Maybe it did one time.....but it simply isnt reality for 99.999999999% of people with the leverage to buy one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Love my 2013 Gen1 V8...V8 is definitely the way to go for these trucks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Sorry, but this is not true.  Aint happening.  Maybe it did one time.....but it simply isnt reality for 99.999999999% of people with the leverage to buy one.
View All Quotes

Uh. Yeah it is.

I can go order one for MSRP right now.  Want me to do it as I literally pick up my brand new raptor?

Just follow the raptor IG feeds. Happening all the time there.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FAL:
Love my 2013 Gen1 V8...V8 is definitely the way to go for these trucks.
View Quote

I have the 2014 Gen 1 and it is an outstanding truck. I love the V8, I just don't see how boosting a V6 is good for the long term health of the engine in a heavy vehicle. The 6.2L is a damn good engine and a solid performer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Perhaps he just enjoys vehicles like this?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Uh. Yeah it is.

I can go order one for MSRP right now.  Want me to do it as I literally pick up my brand new raptor?

View Quote

LOL.....all the time eh?  How about these folks share these dealer names?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Uh. Yeah it is.

Bro. If you're not getting it for $20k below dealer invoice are you even getting a deal?

(seems to be how Arfcom car buying threads go)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Uh. Yeah it is.

I could go to about 30 ford dealers and get one ordered right now. All over Ohio and Michigan.  At MSRP.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnfromHR] [#27]

View All Quotes

Uh. Yeah it is.

I can go order one for MSRP right now.  Want me to do it as I literally pick up my brand new ra

Some dealers will take an order for msrp now or  for next year, dunno if theyll deliver, Ford wont let them order without a customer name, but Ford wont force them to sell to you at  msrp, they can hit you for markup and if you dont buy, they can sell to whoever or they use their cousins name to order it
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:20:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3BP] [#28]
Based on looks alone, I’d spend a little more and get a Black Widow.

Black Widow
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Overpriced.  So long as you don't get one with a cam phaser issue, you can easily mod a 2nd gen Raptor to produce as much wheel horsepower as the Raptor R especially running E85.

The 3.5 Ecoboost is a very under-rated motor; it's better than the 3.8 V6 in the Nissan GTR in many ways (variable cam timing on both sides, direct and port injection, higher compression ratio, etc.).  I wish they had made the displacement a little higher but other than that it's solid.

The Raptor R also doesn't offer any suspension upgrade which, if you are really going to use it offroad, you will definitely want.  

Get a used 2nd gen and put the savings into the suspension and engine mods and you'll be able to massively outperform a Raptor R offroad while still being able to beat a stock TRX on the street.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FenixAmmunition:
Overpriced.  So long as you don't get one with a cam phaser issue, you can easily mod a 2nd gen Raptor to produce as much wheel horsepower as the Raptor R especially running E85.

The 3.5 Ecoboost is a very under-rated motor; it's better than the 3.8 V6 in the Nissan GTR in many ways (variable cam timing on both sides, direct and port injection, higher compression ratio, etc.).  I wish they had made the displacement a little higher but other than that it's solid.

The Raptor R also doesn't offer any suspension upgrade which, if you are really going to use it offroad, you will definitely want.  

Get a used 2nd gen and put the savings into the suspension and engine mods and you'll be able to massively outperform a Raptor R offroad while still being able to beat a stock TRX on the street.
View Quote

TRX more hp but also more wieght and full time 4wd, wish it was lighter
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Uh. Yeah it is.

I bought my Raptor from Ed Kenley Ford in Layton, UT in 2019 for MSRP, when they were almost all going for above retail.  That particular dealer makes a point of always selling at MRSP (which may be bad if youre hoping to get a screaming deal).

They honored the prices for my F350 superduty when I ordered it, even when the price had risen by $9k by the time it was delivered.

They also called me about 2 months ago to see if I wanted a Bronco Raptor for MRSP (I didn't).

They're a great dealer.  Even though we live in Idaho now, I will still buy my next truck from them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#32]
We're trying to figure out how, but somehow after a buddy getting a Raptor R all his hat brims went flat.  I think they come with white Oakleys, he started wearing those too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Anybody have one or know about them?is it worth it? When will the markups end? it's certainly not worth it to me at the price osome of these people are asking are they getting these prices for them?
View Quote
Fantastic. That engine and chassis + 10R80 has to be an unbelievable combo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:36:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsnappa] [#34]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Bro. If you're not getting it for $20k below dealer invoice are you even getting a deal?

(seems to be how Arfcom car buying threads go)
View Quote

It’s great.  One can flex by saying they got a great deal under msrp or by saying they paid $20k doofus markup.

My take?  If you come here asking about markups on a new Raptor R, you’re already out of your depth financially.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gator:
We're trying to figure out how, but somehow after a buddy getting a Raptor R all his hat brims went flat.  I think they come with white Oakleys, he started wearing those too.
View Quote

I have never been in one, but I heard that when you close the door, little robot arms descend from the ceiling and put Guy Fieri signature series white Oakleys on your face and a flat brimmed Hushin hat on your head (and over your ears of course)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

It's not dropping in the next year. Ford has more orders than they can supply. We have one that's been in the order bank for a year and a half and we are HOPING to get it this year. Big dealers get more but they also have huge lists of people that want them. If you have a relationship with a dealer could you get one for MSRP? Maybe. Just walking in its going to be 10-15k over minimum.
They are still bringing 15 over on bring a trailer with miles on them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Based on looks alone, I’d spend a little more and get a Black Widow.

Black Widow
View Quote

I’m trying to figure out if you’re serious or just trolling…
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:

View Quote

How could that possibly be trolling???

The pics on their site don’t quite do them justice in my opinion. I have seen several on the road, and someone not far from my house owns one. They are gorgeous.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:27:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: testosteroneOD] [#39]
View Quote

Local dealer has two in the lot with a $26k /$28k markup.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol, I’m probably never buying a new vehicle again. I grabbed a 2020 AT4 with every option in May 2020 for $20k below sticker. There are base model trucks in that lot today selling for $30k more than I paid.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#41]

The pics on their site don’t quite do them justice in my opinion. I have seen several on the road, and someone not far from my house owns one. They are gorgeous.
View All Quotes

I'm seen them in person as well, they are F150's with a lift kit and a spider everywhere.  The Raptor is a "wide body" version/a bunch of different panels, purpose designed suspension, extremely comfortable, and holds value considerably better than an aftermarket parts company truck.  I know your intent was just on looks, but you could do all that the black widow has with considerably less money for the looks department, on a stock cheap F150.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm seen them in person as well, they are F150's with a lift kit and a spider everywhere.  The Raptor is a "wide body" version/a bunch of different panels, purpose designed suspension, extremely comfortable, and holds value considerably better than an aftermarket parts company truck.  I know your intent was just on looks, but you could do all that the black widow has with considerably less money for the looks department, on a stock cheap F150.
View Quote

Like I said, looks alone. Their paint jobs are insane. I would never actually buy either.  I have an STX which does everything I need and more.

I cant see dumping that kind of coin into something would mainly be a daily driver for me outside of hunting season. I do other “truck stuff”.

But people are free to spend their money on whatever they choose.

I’ll stick with my STX, and buy a Rolex (or two nowadays) instead of spending it all on just a truck, that I am guessing also get worse gas mileage than mine?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Like I said, looks alone. Their paint jobs are insane. I would never actually buy either.  I have an STX which does everything I need and more.

I cant see dumping that kind of coin into something would mainly be a daily driver for me outside of hunting season. I do other “truck stuff”.

I’ll stick with my STX, and buy a Rolex (or two nowadays) instead of spending it all on just a truck, that I am guessing also get worse gas mileage than mine?
View All Quotes

It's quite possible to have a Raptor and a Rolex, not sure where that fits in.     Assuming you are getting your Rolex's for msrp as I am, they will certainly hold value better than the truck.  If you have the little 3.3, you probably get a solid 10% better MPG, but as far as mileage is concerned on the Raptor, it's not as bad as my 3/4 and 1 ton Fords.

I get the high"er" cost for the Raptor, but there are quite a few arguments to be made for that price.  A base raptor can be had for low $70's, holds it's value quite well, still gets decent mileage, is extremely comfortable/arguably the most comfortable daily of the Ford truck lineup, and has all the options a high spec F150 has...for less.

For the Raptor R, it's going to hold value for quite some time.  We see it with the Shelby Super Baja's as well, but the R is going to hold even stronger.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#44]

It's quite possible to have a Raptor and a Rolex, not sure where that fits in.     Assuming you are getting your Rolex's for msrp as I am, they will certainly hold value better than the truck.  If you have the little 3.3, you probably get a solid 10% better MPG, but as far as mileage is concerned on the Raptor, it's not as bad as my 3/4 and 1 ton Fords.

I get the high"er" cost for the Raptor, but there are quite a few arguments to be made for that price.  A base raptor can be had for low $70's, holds it's value quite well, still gets decent mileage, is extremely comfortable/arguably the most comfortable daily of the Ford truck lineup, and has all the options a high spec F150 has...for less.

For the Raptor R, it's going to hold value for quite some time.  We see it with the Shelby Super Baja's as well, but the R is going to hold even stronger.
View Quote

Solid points. Not my thing, but again, to each his own.

Somewhat unrelated, while shopping for my current truck I came across a “super snake” F150. It was 3 years old at the time if I remember correctly, had 60 some thousand miles on it, and they were asking like $110K (or somewhere near that)

That much for a used truck that had probably be beat on pretty hard!  But I bet that sum bitch was fun!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I am most certainly NOT impressed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

If gas prices go to $6.00 a gallon they will, you may be able to pick up a very nice used one soon, between gas prices and the crappy economy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top