Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 5:39:43 PM EDT
Anyone here own one? Let’s get it out of the way, it looks like a Wish.com Porsche for a girl.

Attachment Attached File

Why I’m interested: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, quarter mile in 14.5, 26mpg city, AWD, and I need a new daily. It’s a lot spicier than anything else in its price range. They seem to have the 2.0 Ecoboost mostly sorted out and people are getting them into the 13’s with basic tunes.

Any red flags anyone knows of?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am no help, but I am getting a 2024 plug in hybrid model ("top of the line") May 27. Black with a black interior.

It's a company car. They are pretty stylish, but smaller than my current 2021 Sante Fe. My counterparts that have 2023's like them, but free car with no out of pocket will cover a lot of negatives.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
How is pricing compared to a RAV4 Prime?

I'd get a RAV4 Prime. Quicker, and 150% the efficiency. And more reliable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]
They drive like a go cart. Gas pedal is all fucked up like a Subaru. The gas tank is tiny. All the rentals I've driven have gotten around 20mpg.

Buy a Honda
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

$10,000 more and I’m not up for a hybrid.

Originally Posted By Delta10mm:
They drive like a go cart. Gas pedal is all fucked up like a Subaru. The gas tank is tiny. All the rentals I've driven have gotten around 20mpg.

Buy a Honda

Had a CRV before my current vehicle. Passing a semi on the highway was a challenge for it. Im not looking for a Corvette but also don’t want a vehicle that’s slower than a Chevette.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

$10,000 more and I’m not up for a hybrid.

Had a CRV before my current vehicle. Passing a semi on the highway was a challenge for it. Im not looking for a Corvette but also don’t want a vehicle that’s slower than a Chevette.
View Quote

Well if you can get a fully loaded model for 40k then that might be hard to beat outside of hybrids.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The red flag is that’s it’s an Escape
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The circled the problem on the front grill.

(From a former FORD guy. - No More.)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The ford escape and the ford focus are numbers 1 and 2 as the very last vehicles I would ever consider buying.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a Ford Escape. Not a ride with the best track record for, well, anything that concerns reliability.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fttam:
View Quote

This is where I am . Escape transmission problems are legendary
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 2023 Escape SE Select AWD with the 2.0L Ecoboost and it is a great vehicle. It handles well and is very peppy when in sports mode. Plus I have been averaging 30 MPG.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Lexus GS-F

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:51:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VVinci] [#13]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

View Quote

You sure you're not confusing that with the DCT that came in the Focus (same platform)? Maybe the Escape had it too for a while, I don't recall. The DCT is long gone. Same basic trans that is used now and engine are in a lot of cars/SUVs that you regularly see for sale with 150-200k miles on them.

EDIT - Sure enough, prior generation came with the DCT as an option. It's not just a Ford problem with DCTs, I heard the Head of VAG Global Powertrain tell about 200 people that they would never, ever sell another DCT in N America outside of their sports models because their experience here with them had been so bad. At one point, they were sourcing Aisin 6 speed autos for the US market, which had to sting. American mainstream drivers hate DCTs and tend to unintentionally abuse them in mass market products, not to mention returning them to the dealer over and over for what Europeans considered acceptable quirks at the time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fttam:

The 6F35 really needs 30k fluid change intervals.

The PTU on the AWD models is brittle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top