Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 7:30:25 PM EDT
Go to the 30 minutes for the Homily.

it is moving.

Tuesday Morning 8:00 AM Mass 05/19/2020

ETA: Sorry... crayon eating in my early years is catching up to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Aren't fighting what?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aren't fighting what?
View Quote

For me and many of my family and friends, we have sat and watched our beloved Church cow-tow and curtail services to the politicians. Many Bishops are denying Sacraments and our local priest refuse to fight. Many have excuses saying they are being obedient to the Bishop or they are being charitable to those with the COVID-19.

As, someone who was raised on stories and legends of courageous Saints. Watching those who are Blessed to bring to the masses, the Supernatural Gifts from God just give up and not fight for us or our Faith has been very demoralizing and disorienting. They have become to worldly. Trying to teach my children the Supernatural Gifts from God has become difficult with the irreverence many clergy utilize at mass. I have had righteous anger towards our clergy for the last few months (some for years). This Priest is one of the good ones. I just wanted to share.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For me and many of my family and friends, we have sat and watched our beloved Church cow-tow and curtail services to the politicians. Many Bishops are denying Sacraments and our local priest refuse to fight. Many have excuses saying they are being obedient to the Bishop or they are being charitable to those with the COVID-19.

As, someone who was raised on stories and legends of courageous Saints. Watching those who are Blessed to bring to the masses, the Supernatural Gifts from God just give up and not fight for us or our Faith has been very demoralizing and disorienting. They have become to worldly. Trying to teach my children the Supernatural Gifts from God has become difficult with the irreverence many clergy utilize at mass. I have had righteous anger towards our clergy for the last few months (some for years). This Priest is one of the good ones. I just wanted to share.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't fighting what?

Thanks for sharing that video, brother.  I saw his previous one last week, which was great too.

It is incredibly heartbreaking and infuriating to hear those stories.  Unfortunately, they are not new or isolated.  The Infiltration book that we have discussed here before makes more and more sense.  I've heard many priests relay similar stories.  I've also witnessed priests who were terrified to comment on certain topics out of fear of the bishop.  Young priests especially seem to fear the bishop to an unhealthy extent.  Those with the fortitude to stand are either weeded out in seminary as Fr. Altman explained or are punished after ordination.

This is not to say that there are no good bishops--there are--but the fact remains that Fr. Altman's sermon hits close to home for many priests and seminarians.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing that video, brother.  I saw his previous one last week, which was great too.

It is incredibly heartbreaking and infuriating to hear those stories.  Unfortunately, they are not new or isolated.  The Infiltration book that we have discussed here before makes more and more sense.  I've heard many priests relay similar stories.  I've also witnessed priests who were terrified to comment on certain topics out of fear of the bishop.  Young priests especially seem to fear the bishop to an unhealthy extent.  Those with the fortitude to stand are either weeded out in seminary as Fr. Altman explained or are punished after ordination.

This is not to say that there are no good bishops--there are--but the fact remains that Fr. Altman's sermon hits close to home for many priests and seminarians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't fighting what?

It is so frustrating, because we need them to be courageous! I would die for them , so they could help other souls! They are terrified of earthly things! How do I tell my children of the awesomeness of GOD and His Real Presence all week, then they see our priest playing water fights with Holy Water IN MASS? Or see his running shoes and ankles because he is wearing shorts under his vestments?....... It is a tough Cross.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Tough choice between going against politicians or keeping that sweet, sweet tax exempt status...
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tough choice between going against politicians or keeping that sweet, sweet tax exempt status...
View Quote

Unfortunately..... it shouldn't be a choice. Cesar has no say in what is God's. But they are giving Cesar a say. I fear for their souls more than ours sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unfortunately..... it shouldn't be a choice. Cesar has no say in what is God's. But they are giving Cesar a say. I fear for their souls more than ours sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Mark 8:36 - "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?"  

Some of the best advice I received was from a holy young priest.  He said, "Look at it this way.  They are in positions of authority as servants of God.  They are not necessarily failing because they are evil, but because they are weak.  They're failing and they need our prayers so that God may give him the necessary graces to discharge their duties of their offices faithfully and in accordance with His will.  Praying for them is actually our duty."
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried listening to it, but got tired of waiting for him to get to the point.  I guess that is how sermons are though...
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Agreed.  Mark 8:36 - "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?"  

Some of the best advice I received was from a holy young priest.  He said, "Look at it this way.  They are in positions of authority as servants of God.  They are not necessarily failing because they are evil, but because they are weak.  They're failing and they need our prayers so that God may give him the necessary graces to discharge their duties of their offices faithfully and in accordance with His will.  Praying for them is actually our duty."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree. My list to my daily priest prayers increases almost daily.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tried listening to it, but got tired of waiting for him to get to the point.  I guess that is how sermons are though...
View Quote

Patience is a virtue.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Patience is a virtue.
View Quote

I agree...I also believe that time wasted can never be recovered, and life is already too short to be waiting for someone to get to the point.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
The good Priests are in a spiritual battle against the free-masonic infiltrated apathetic hierarchy trying to further destroy the Church from within and usher in the anti-christ one world religion. From the long pauses and trembling voice you can tell this Priest is suffering PTSD from the BS he had to endure in Seminary and beyond. The devil doesn't play nice when he has his targets set....but knowing you are a diabolical target provides comfort because it gives witness that you are on the right path and truth will prevail in this life or the next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top