Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2020 2:17:41 PM EDT

https://www.lex18.com/florida-police-were-called-for-a-woman-screaming-let-me-out-it-was-a-parrot

PALM BEACH, Fl. — Deputies with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of someone screaming for help at a neighbor’s home on Dec. 29, 2019.

After showing up to the Lake Worth Beach home, the deputies soon discovered that the supposed "victim" was actually a parrot named Rambo.

The homeowner was changing the brakes on his car, according to NBC News affiliate WPTV , when the deputies arrived and notified him that his neighbor had called to report that there was a woman screaming inside asking for help and to be let out.

The owner then introduced Rambo to the officers.

"I was changing the brakes on my wife's car and had my 40-year-old parrot, Rambo, on his outside perch where he sings and talks,” the man explained to the deputies, according to a post on the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page . “Sometime later four police officers showed up saying a neighbor called because she heard a woman screaming for help. I promptly introduced the officers to Rambo and we all had a good laugh.”

He added, “Afterward, I also introduced Rambo to the neighbor who called in the screaming.”

Luckily, his neighbor also “had a good laugh” about the entire situation.

“Sometimes Rambo yells 'help, help, let me out,'" explained the man. "[It's] something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage."
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody was shot?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
used to have a neighbor that lived behind me that had one that screamed at him.  I think his wife trained it to talk cause it would yell at him, Walter!! Walter!! Get up Walter!! Fuck You Walter!!  it was hilarious to hear this thing go off like it was mad at him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
40 years is before the first Rambo movie came out.  So either they approximated the age or it was named from the novel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Lucky he made it out alive
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
What round for parrot?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I lived in a small apartment in a rural seaside fishing village in the Philippines for 7 months.
Every day as I walked to town an old woman would swear at me in Ilocano from a 2nd story window.
This went on for months.
One day the sun hit the window just right and I saw that it was a crow in a cage.
Creepy how human it sounded. Not like a parrot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What round for parrot?
View Quote
Finally, an appropriate use for birdshot in a 12 ga defensive firearm...
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
As a parrot owner, I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
That bird is lucky his owner never taught him to bark...
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a news story some recent years ago where a woman was charged with murder for killing her husband. The only evidence against her was her pet Parrot
that the ASA wanted to use at trial as its star witness, because the bird kept saying over and over, "DON'T SHOOT, DON'T SHOOT".  
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
40 years is before the first Rambo movie came out.  So either they approximated the age or it was named from the novel.
View Quote
The franchise has its roots in the 1972 novel First Blood by David Morrell. Stallone co-wrote the screenplays of all five films, and directed Rambo.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Tonight, on "Murder, she wrote", a killer covers the screams of his victims trapped in his basement by training his parrot to mimic their cries.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Many years ago we had an African Gray parrot that mimicked the doorbell and could sing opera.  We did a lot of door answering...and then cussing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
"I wasn't looking at his neck. I wasn't looking at his - BANG!"
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a fairly sizable population of parrots that fly around in my area. Abandoned pets most likely
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Florida Bird...trolling cops. Your move, Flamingo.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
My Dad’s cousin had a crow. It was early in the morning and the police showed up.

The neighbor had heard a kid crying “Mom, let me in!” She did a quick head count worried that one of the kids had gotten out and had been crying to get in. All the kids were accounted for. The crow flew down beside her and said “Mom, let me in!” Again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top