Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2019 3:32:24 PM EDT
I've got a couple large dogs, Golden Retreiver at 90# and Golden Doodle at 60#, and I am in need of flea/tick meds.

Any suggestions on good stuff that can be found at decent price?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
We have been using Bravecto for fleas and ticks on our Plott hound,nothing on her, I picked three off me in the last two weeks.
I don't think any thing is "cheap" I have used the liquid down the middle of the back stuff found ticks.Tick collar found ticks under collar.
Bravecto seems to work the best.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I just gave Dexter Bravecto this morning.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit’s expensive. I’ll go be poor somewhere else
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanna say we always use Saresto collars.  They aren't cheap, but they work.

Early last year, both our dogs got infested bad and we like to never got it under control.  The vet recommend the collars, wife ordered them online and the fleas were gone in just a few days and stayed gone all summer into the winter.

I guess we'll be buying them again here real soon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Both options look good, worth more research.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've bought Seresto collars off Ebay in the past and they work well. I don't think I'd feel good ordering the ones from China tho.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I order bravecto from canada and it is half the price. quick google search will find it for you
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm using NexGard on both of our dachshunds.  I don't use it year round due to concerns over studies that some dogs have seizures on it.  I use April-Sept, break six months, then back.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I use Adventist’s II on both my dogs and it seems to work great. We rarely find ticks anymore and the rare occasion we do they are walking on the surface but not latched on.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Make dog sleep in one spot every night and keep bedding sprayed with something with both Permethrin and Methoprene.  Like Precor 2000.  One kills adult fleas the other the eggs.  You need both.  This works.  I don't trust pills for dogs based on what I've read.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make dog sleep in one spot every night and keep bedding sprayed with something with both Permethrin and Methoprene.  Like Precor 2000.  One kills adult fleas the other the eggs.  You need both.  This works.  I don't trust pills for dogs based on what I've read.
View Quote
What dont you trust about oral flea and tick prevention?   There are countless studies out there showing how well they work and the safety margin compares to spraying things in the house and on the dog is much wider.  If you're spraying the dog bed you're not addressing the underlying issue.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I used topicals for years, but was never really satisfied with their effectiveness. Last year, my vet recommended Bravecto. I've been very pleased. One pill every 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#13]
How about the reports linking Flea tick and heartworm meds to sezuires and other debilitating effects ?
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top