User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:28:57 AM EDT
But, they are pretty amazing

1. You will not be our top priority.
2. Our time is precious.
3. We’re not looking for a replacement parent for our kid.
4. Be a grownup. We don’t have time for games
5. My kid comes first. Always.

https://www.scarymommy.com/want-date-single-mom-need-know/
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The main reason I won’t even go out on a date with a woman with kids is all the damn drama they have.

Having been out with several over the years, every one of them had more drama than a daytime soap opera.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Don't
2. Don't
3. Don't
4. Don't
5. Don't
View Quote
That FPNI thing is effin uncanny.

I'd share my tale, but in hindsight it's just a 'what a dumbass' story. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1. Don't
2. Don't
3. Don't
4. Don't
5. Don't
View Quote
FPNI yet again

Dating Single Moms is like playing someone else's saved game
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The hardest part about dating a single mom is building a relationship with the kid and then breaking up with her. The fact of the matter is mom will never respect you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never dated a single mom. But it sounds like bitches like that make it more difficult for other single moms who want a chance at a good relationship.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll pass.

No need to have rules with something i won't mess with
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#8]
1. Find her
2.Feel her
3. Fuck her
4. Forget her!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FPNI yet again

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Don't
2. Don't
3. Don't
4. Don't
5. Don't
FPNI yet again

This both!

But I found out the hard way
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1. Find her
2.Feel her
3. Fuck her
4. Forget her!!!!!
View Quote
Mentors?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a reason why they are single
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't understand people that willingly subject themselves to such drama
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]
There is no expiration date on these rules so when you find yourself widowed in your 60's .......

Then it's their grandchildren.....

FPNI.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mentors?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Find her
2.Feel her
3. Fuck her
4. Forget her!!!!!
Mentors?
El Duce

Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The way the article is written has a tone that shows the entitled bitchiness of single moms.

"We don't need you..."

"We already have a father..."

"You will..."

It's the same tone a dating profile is written in with the accusatory "this is my life and if you find like it move along.  If you do then great you're a beta and you can date me."  That whole angry at everyone mentality.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

2. Our time is precious.

View Quote
So let me read interpret this and fill in the "forgotten" information:

1. You will not be our top priority, getting your money is.
2. Our time is precious, so im going to use you till i find who i do want.
3. We're not looking for a replacement parent for our kid, just a babysitter so i can continue to fuck around.
4. Be a grownup. We don't have time time for games.  Your time is mine now and you will do what i say when i say or else.
5. My kid comes first. Always..till i have your money and benefits so i can pity my way into taking half your shit in a divorce.

Ive seen enough harpies screw my troops and friends over.  We are on to your tricks
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

3. We're not looking for a replacement parent for our kid, just a babysitter so i can continue to fuck around.
4. Be a grownup. We don't have time time for games.  Your time is mine now and you will do what i say when i say or else.
5. My kid comes first. Always..till i have your money and benefits so i can pity my way into taking half your shit in a divorce.

Ive seen enough harpies screw my troops and friends over.  We are on to your tricks
View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
It takes a strong person to date a single mom. You have to be secure enough in yourself that you don’t need your hand held or to be coddled, because who has time for that? It may take a lot to date a single mom — we’re busy, and our attention is divided. But we’re pretty amazing. We’re strong, resilient, and we roll with the punches. We’re not afraid of commitment if it’s with the right person. We love fiercely.
View Quote
If you are so awesome, why did your husband/babydaddy leave you? Are you not that awesome, or is it your judgement in men that is not so awesome?

/mic drop
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
View Quote
FPNI.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you are so awesome, why did your husband/babydaddy leave you? Are you not that awesome, or is it your judgement in men that is not so awesome?

/mic drop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It takes a strong person to date a single mom. You have to be secure enough in yourself that you don’t need your hand held or to be coddled, because who has time for that? It may take a lot to date a single mom — we’re busy, and our attention is divided. But we’re pretty amazing. We’re strong, resilient, and we roll with the punches. We’re not afraid of commitment if it’s with the right person. We love fiercely.

/mic drop
Did you just imply that it could have been her fault??

Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/P6XduSJ.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a strong person to date a single mom. You have to be secure enough in yourself that you don't need your hand held or to be coddled, because who has time for that? It may take a lot to date a single mom  we're busy, and our attention is divided. But we're pretty amazing. We're strong, resilient, and we roll with the punches. We're not afraid of commitment if it's with the right person. We love fiercely.

/mic drop

He did. I'll go one further does she even know who the father really is because
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#22]
When I was single, those are not all true. I dated a few milfs and they do like to fuck, luckily I never had a crazy one
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#23]
So you want to date a single mom?

No.

That ends the need for any further discussion.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Any man that follows rules established by a woman is a beta.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

2. Our time is precious.

View Quote
Shouldn’t it be 5-rules for dating single parents? Scary mommy is sexist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I was always told that beggars can't be choosers.

In the way of the world, single moms bring zero to the table but somehow they're convinced that they're more desirable.

/
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Wonder if the author's open racism is why she is single?

Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I watched a coworker date several single mothers. The kids ended up being the problem each time. Not so much for him, but the women just couldn't avoid being stupid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Whoever wrote that likely stay single.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I dated a few moms.  One women I dated for a while and fell in love with her child.  After two years I liked the mom but I was so attached to the child I tried to make it work even though it wasn’t.  Walking away from a kids that you feel like is your own is hard.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
El Duce
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Find her
2.Feel her
3. Fuck her
4. Forget her!!!!!
Mentors?
El Duce
RIP
@EldonHoke
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1. Don't
2. Don't
3. Don't
4. Don't
5. Don't
View Quote
This.  While I agree the list in the OP is correct representation of single mom attitudes.....I agree with this.  Just don't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Every one of them will bitch about their child's father

Every. One.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#35]
1. You will not be MY top priority.
2. MY time is precious.
3. I will not be a replacement parent for YOUR kid.
4. I am a grownup. I have time for games I enjoy.
5. I come first. Always. Unless I hold off until you do
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/mic drop

you're goddamn right. Either she drove him off, or she chooses poorly.  There is nothing glamorous or inspiring about reveling in "I'm a single mom!!"  Fix that shit and give your kids a good man as dad or stepdad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#37]
FP has never NI harder.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#38]
#3 & #4 are bullshit lies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
View Quote
Nailed it...
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Converse, I find myself a single father of 2 kids. Dating is a bitch in this circumstance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
View Quote
concur.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Tried it once - inadvertently. Never again.

Few years back I was working 6pm-6am shifts pretty much exclusively and was finding out hard to meet people, so I made an eHarmony account. I kind of figured that the $30/month cost would help keep some of the riff raff out (wrong), and I made a pretty specific note in my profile that I wasn't looking for mothers or married women. Doesn't seem like a strange preference to me but I caught a fair number of nasty messages from such types.

Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and I've been chatting up some pretty good looking ballerina type and we end up going on a few dates. Around the third or fourth I figure it's time to seal the deal; she leads me to the door of her apartment, pauses, and says "I know you said you weren't interested in single mothers, but I just wanted to let you know my five year old is inside asleep so we have to be quiet" Sort of dumbfounded I asked why she'd lie to me especially when she knew that was one of my conditions, and her response was something along the lines of "I didn't think you'd find out and it's not fair that everyone is so prejudiced against single mothers"

Needless to say I extricated myself pretty quickly and when I didn't hear from her for a few days it seemed like she'd gotten the message. Lo and behold, a week or two later she starts talking to me on Gchat and this time doesn't even bother with conversation or pretext, and goes straight for "can you help me out? I'm having trouble making ends meet" etc etc. Told her I wasn't an ATM. Took her all of about two seconds to mention "how good at sex she was" and if only I could help her out a little bit maybe I'd get to find out. I rolled my eyes hard enough to detach my retinas, but for the hell of it I dickered with her on price and had her describe in graphic details what her plans were before blocking her. I don't know what the KBB on a well-maintained but high-mileage mid-80s model with at least one recorded wreck was, but I felt like she wanted too much

TLDR dated a single mother who turned out to be a literal prostitute
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Converse, I find myself a single father of 2 kids. Dating is a bitch in this circumstance.
View Quote
My last scrimshaw teacher had 5-6 wives.  He could marry a woman, but he couldn't keep one. Luckily in each case where there were children, he kept the kid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The way the article is written has a tone that shows the entitled bitchiness of single moms.

"We don't need you..."

"We already have a father..."

"You will..."

It's the same tone a dating profile is written in with the accusatory "this is my life and if you find like it move along.  If you do then great you're a beta and you can date me."  That whole angry at everyone mentality.
View Quote
It’s on ScaryMommy.com. That site represents single moms like Stormfront represents white people.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Took her all of about two seconds to mention "how good at sex she was" and if only I could help her out a little bit maybe I'd get to find out. I rolled my eyes hard enough to detach my retinas, but for the hell of it I dickered with her on price and had her describe in graphic details what her plans were before blocking her.
View Quote
Go on...
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s on ScaryMommy.com. That site represents single moms like Stormfront represents white people.
View Quote
you have a gift for describing things succinctly yet accurately.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
View Quote
Was gonna post the same thing but as usual FPNI.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
1. Don’t
2. Don’t
3. Don’t
4. Don’t
5. Don’t
View Quote
This. They're fun to bang, but never get into a relationship with one. They are single moms for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Accurately?

Seriously tho, I only ever dated one single mom, and she was a basket case closet drunk who was so bad she ended up on Dialysis before 30.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

2. Our time is precious.

View Quote
6. We've done this topic before, many times.

A.W.D.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top