1oz Amarillo 60mins
1oz simcoe 15mins
1oz citra and mosaic flame out
1oz citra and mosaic day 3
1oz citra and mosaic day 6
Bottled day 10
Lallemand Kveik Voss

6.8abv

This beer is skunky and floral. Not very bitter or boozy. It’s the first beer I didn’t use a secondary fermenter. Also first beer on new anvil stainless steel fermenters.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it may have oxidized. Something about NEIPAs are bad about that. I try to transfer under pressure from my conical to a C02 purges keg. Also, hops amounts seem a little low. Personally I use 12 ounces in a 5 gallon batch. No bittering hops. 6 oz at whirlpool (under 160) and 6 oz during active fermentation. I use a pretty similar grain bill. The last 2 batches I have used a kviek yeast and brewed around 85 degrees and got some great tropical esthers from that strain of yeast
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Oxidation. My first NEIPA I bottled and at first it was awesome and in ab out a week it ended up like that.   Lost the haze and all the juicy characteristics.  You can bottle them but its a pain.  Now That I'm set up for kegging it's much easier andI can do a totally  closed pressure transfer.  Another little trick is a little ascorbic acid into the mash to help with oxidation.   NEIPAs can be a pain and with the hop load its an expensive beer to toss out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure where you guys are getting oxidation from. That pic was from 5 seconds after pouring. The yeast and bottle trub was still swirling in a freshly poured beer. Been at this 20 years. One of the best beers I’ve made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top