User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm relieved that he didn't. I remember the 60 Minutes TV show segment about the Osprey that the Marines wanted so bad and had been crashing and killing Marines. The Marine Corps command knew about the malfunctions that the Osprey had and they tried to cover it up. That segment had the Marine Officer that was being interviewed, ride on an Osprey with 60 Minutes crew to prove that the Osprey was safe. He looked kind of nervous when they filmed that flight. They never did say if Bell Helicopter ever figured out what was causing the crashes and if they ever resolved that "issue."
View Quote
literally 15 years ago
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Airwolf has gained a bit over the years...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so, an AW Merlin ripoff?
View Quote
Fuck you, I didn't rip anyone off!

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arfcom on 60 minutes:

I can't believe these idiots fall for these obvious false narratives about guns, the media are so obvious with their agenda!

But also:

OMG 60 minutes really exposed the osprey and the Marines with real hard hitting and factual investigative journalism I remember it clearly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm relieved that he didn't. I remember the 60 Minutes TV show segment about the Osprey that the Marines wanted so bad and had been crashing and killing Marines. The Marine Corps command knew about the malfunctions that the Osprey had and they tried to cover it up. That segment had the Marine Officer that was being interviewed, ride on an Osprey with 60 Minutes crew to prove that the Osprey was safe. He looked kind of nervous when they filmed that flight. They never did say if Bell Helicopter ever figured out what was causing the crashes and if they ever resolved that "issue."
Arfcom on 60 minutes:

I can't believe these idiots fall for these obvious false narratives about guns, the media are so obvious with their agenda!

But also:

OMG 60 minutes really exposed the osprey and the Marines with real hard hitting and factual investigative journalism I remember it clearly
Exactly my thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because he is flying it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Because he is flying it?  
Maybe once around the museum, 'cause that's the only place you would find one of those...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most definitely. I worked with a retired White Side MGySgt when I lived in St. Louis. To say that he was by the book and a stickler would be understating it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HMX-1 squadron must have their own maintenance people?
Most definitely. I worked with a retired White Side MGySgt when I lived in St. Louis. To say that he was by the book and a stickler would be understating it.
I would imagine that shady maintenance would be greatly frowned upon in HMX-1...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top