Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 11:04:29 AM EDT
Helped my old man setup a sawmill on our property over labor day weekend. I'm starting to eye trees in a predatory manner

Timbery is identical to a woodmizer besides the color, i think this is commonly a label they send to the EU. There is a dealer very local to us which helped cement the decision to go with them. We have a lot of red pine, and will be using it for some paneling, and for rough cut timber to use for structures around the property, wood cribs, cover for drying wood, etc. and I plan to get more hardwood for myself for furniture and whatnot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool if you have any questions DM me I owned and operated a sawmill for over 20 years
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
How many spare belts/band saw blades do you have for it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many spare belts/band saw blades do you have for it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice mill.  Good luck with it.
People near me have agreements with tree service companies for raw materials.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Very handy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome. Wish I had one. Had a huge sugar maple break in half a couple years ago. I wanted to lumber it. I peeled bark when it started to flake and wood is still solid. Thinking just buying a lathe and turning a shit load of stuff as the piece of wood I cut off to test is beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a woodmizer and 2 chainsaw mills.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice setup
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
My woodmizer is the identical mill to your Timbery  I added a 5 foot additional bed section so I can cut 17 ft 5 inches. I have the 9.5 hp engine. Just getting it set up so probably won't be cutting much on it till the weather breaks in the spring. I'm clearing the logs out of a ditch bank and will be cutting them into square logs for a cabin. Also have a bunch of walnut, maple, ash and cherry.  The chainsaw mills are too slow and not keeping up. Over 30 logs waiting to mill now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Neat set up.

Guy near me has one. He uses a skid steer to load his logs. He gets lots of logs from power companies, etc.

He did a trailer load of 1x for me last summer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Neat set up.

Guy near me has one. He uses a skid steer to load his logs. He gets lots of logs from power companies, etc.

He did a trailer load of 1x for me last summer.
View Quote
I didn't get the loading ramps.  hard work loading by hand when you have a skid loader.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
One day I’ll have one of those.

I hope
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve got a Norwood LM-29.   No hydraulics.   Works pretty good for my purposes   I don’t get many trees that would exceed its limits.   Used to use an Alaskan Sawmill and a Stihl 066 and 36” bar.   At some point it’s time to work easier and smarter rather than harder
I ordered a 4’ bed extension for it as I intend to make myself a small shed/barn for near my garden (it’s a couple hundred yards from the house).  Will do it timber frame style and have been cutting some red oak.   Maybe not the ideal choice but you use what you’ve got on your property.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Helped my old man setup a sawmill on our property over labor day weekend. I'm starting to eye trees in a predatory manner

Timbery is identical to a woodmizer besides the color, i think this is commonly a label they send to the EU. There is a dealer very local to us which helped cement the decision to go with them. We have a lot of red pine, and will be using it for some paneling, and for rough cut timber to use for structures around the property, wood cribs, cover for drying wood, etc. and I plan to get more hardwood for myself for furniture and whatnot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/278107/IMG_4806_jpg-2091571.JPG
View Quote

Yeah I'm a bit jealous ??
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife and I are currently getting ready to pull the trigger on a Woodland HM126 with the trailer package.

We've made arrangements with a couple of local tree services for logs and are planning on milling out dimensional lumber for our future house build and assorted building projects.  My thought is that the money saved on buying lumber from the local lumber yards will more than pay for the mill.

We're also planning on cutting for customers in our area.  We've found more than a few people in our area wanting stuff milled out and with the mill on a trailer, we can travel to the customer.

Long term plans are to build a solar kiln, cut furniture grade lumber and slabs.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife and I are currently getting ready to pull the trigger on a Woodland HM126 with the trailer package.

Semper Fi
View Quote

@dave5339
We pulled the trigger about a month ago on the HM126XL with trailer. Shipper called yesterday. It arrives next Tuesday.

I also purchased their blade sharpener and pitch setter. If you do your home work you'll see these also pay for themselves. I purchased blades from Pipers saw Call them to get prices, the catalog posted is outdated. Get the silver tip. you can resharpen them several times saving paying sharpening service plus postage to and from. I purchased 20 blades at about $21per. Cheaper than Woodland and the same blade.

EBR
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@dave5339
We pulled the trigger about a month ago on the HM126XL with trailer. Shipper called yesterday. It arrives next Tuesday.

I also purchased their blade sharpener and pitch setter. If you do your home work you'll see these also pay for themselves. I purchased blades from Pipers saw Call them to get prices, the catalog posted is outdated. Get the silver tip. you can resharpen them several times saving paying sharpening service plus postage to and from. I purchased 20 blades at about $21per. Cheaper than Woodland and the same blade.

EBR
View Quote
I just received the woodland mills sharpener and setter Tuesday. My mill is Woodmizer but that sharpener and setter have received high ratings in our woodmizer groups.  Haven't had a chance to use it yet but hoping it lives up to its rating.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#18]
@ebr666
@km

Thanks for the tips.

Will be ordering blades from Piper this morning.

Current plans for sharpening are to use an electric chainsaw sharpener and a vice jig for tooth setting initially.  If we stay as busy with the mill as we've projected, (already have several customers lined up), we're planning on upgrading our sharpening system.  My wife wants to get into the sharpening business since no one in our local area does it.

I put pencil to paper last night looking at the amount of dimensional lumber the house we want to build in a couple of years is going to take.  After pricing out the lumber at Home Depot, the mill is a no brainer since I have the time and space to dry my own lumber.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#19]
As stated earlier the Woodlander saw mill was to be delivered. Well it was and my son and I did the assembly. Now for a weather break and we can break it in.

HM126 xl with trailer.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As stated earlier the Woodlander saw mill was to be delivered. Well it was and my son and I did the assembly. Now for a weather break and we can break it in.

HM126 xl with trailer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231737/20220401_153852-2334818.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  

Ours is on the truck heading our way.  Can't wait to get it set up and start cutting.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice!  

Ours is on the truck heading our way.  Can't wait to get it set up and start cutting.

Semper Fi
View Quote

Another tip.

If you don't have one get a impact driver. There are many many bolts to tighten. You'll also need a torque wrench.

The assembly instructions are OK but could be better. What we did was unpack every thing and arranged it on one side of the garage.  You'll have to unpack both boxes as some trailer parts are in the saw box. Mainly the guide rails.

EBR
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Another tip.

If you don't have one get a impact driver. There are many many bolts to tighten. You'll also need a torque wrench.

The assembly instructions are OK but could be better. .

EBR
View Quote

Yep, an impact driver might be on today's shopping list.  There are a freaking lot of bolts to tighten.

Currently the mill is spread out on the driveway and my cargo trailer.  My wife, son and myself made good progress on the trailer yesterday.

Lots of fiddly bits to assembling one of these things.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

HM126 xl with trailer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231737/20220401_153852-2334818.jpg
View Quote

What is the cab setup you have on your 1025?  

Congrats on the mill OP....I've been wanting one for years but have never been able to make the justification to myself to pull the trigger.....these threads don't help
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Heading up in two weeks to fire it up for this season and start cutting, we have a lot planned and plan on building a drying shed with rough sawn and timber and I will be picking out some maple for furniture
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#25]
@fox2008

The tractor is a 1023e but the cab is for the 1025 is the same.   Go here for one for your tractor. Original Tractor Cab.

EBR
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@fox2008

The tractor is a 1023e but the cab is for the 1025 is the same.   Go here for one for your tractor. Original Tractor Cab.

EBR
View Quote

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top