Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2022 5:03:22 PM EDT
I've had this Cherry Burst MIM Telecaster about 3 years now. Over that time it's evolved a bit. First it was pickups and a pickguard. I have never much cared for the neck, so a few months back I ordered a Warmoth roasted Flame Maple neck with SS frets and a compound 10"-16" radius board. Once I got it back from the shop for set up, fret level, crown and polish. I quickly realized it was the finest playing guitar that I've ever held. It just feels natural. Now after some personal debate. Once again I started to think another pickup change was in order. To give her a little more bite, less shrill. So this happed  over a weekend after the parts all arrived. Once it was finished I realized I had a bunch of parts left over. So with those parts, and stuff from parts bin. I found this old piece of Maple on eBay. The body weighs just over 2 pounds. Reclaimed shotgun blasted. Sub 6 lbs. Tele. It does sound good, they both do really.

This is what I'll be working in a few months.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing, kind of want to shotgun blast or otherwise inflict some damage on one now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#2]
That cherry burst looks amazing in the sun
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
@TimDawg - where did you get the pickguard for the cherry tele?  I have it's half brother in a strat, and the plain black pickguard has always looked off.  

Nice job cutting the hole for the pickup! And that neck looks amazing
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. The pickguard is from Decoboom. They are a little pricy, but have many styles and configurations.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are both awesome Telecasters. If they play a 10th as good as they look then they must play as smooth as butter. Look forward to seeing what you do with the Green Mountain body.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I LOVE the look of that shotgun blasted Tele, but there is absolutely NO way that I would have run that wood through my Planer!

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool choice of pickups in the one with the TV Jones. Always wanted to try that neck pickup in both positions...Nice builds!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I LOVE the look of that shotgun blasted Tele, but there is absolutely NO way that I would have run that wood through my Planer!

View Quote

That one is really my style.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't think of another electric guitar that this wood would work for, but for a Tele, it just seems... right.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
They both are very nice. For most of my life I never had any interest in telecasters. But I've really come to appreciate them for what they are. They are incredibly versatile. You really did a great job on those.

I've got an orphaned tele 12 string that was given to me. It's in rough shape and I've got all the parts to rebuild her but I've just been putting it off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can't think of another electric guitar that this wood would work for, but for a Tele, it just seems... right.

View Quote

Also if the SHTF at the honky tonk when Lester comes in trying fill yer ass with birdshot for banging his old lady while you're laying down some 12 bar, then you know you can cover your vital bits with a Tele
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top