Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 1:56:13 PM EDT
Here we go! Probably 3 years to go for the next and possibly final installment of the FF7:Remake trilogy. In this thread we can discuss theories and new releases on the game.

I came up with this idea after watching this video:

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Developers Speak About Part 3... And IT'S MASSIVE

I know @Ajek wants to come in here and speculate. You had some good theories.

For starters, I think this game will start like the OG game did after the Forgotten Capital with us journeying north to the Icicle Inn and the Snow Fields.

Spoiler for the ending of FF7:Rebirth
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#1]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I know @Ajek wants to come in here and speculate. You had some good theories.
View Quote

Weird. I didn't get a notification for the @.

Anyway, Rebirth might be my favorite game of all time. Just insanely good. OG FF7 is my favorite, and this might be better.

My posts here and here are my thoughts on the story of Rebirth and the Remake Trilogy as a whole.

My prediction can be summed up as: the Remake Trilogy is actually a pretty faithful reimagining of FF7, incorporating the Compilation and other elements the developers were unable to include in the original due to technical limitations at the time. Given that, Part 3 will, like Remake and Rebirth, be 98% faithful to the original.

I think the wildest part of 3 will be the lifestream sequence where Tifa helps Cloud rebuild his psyche. It's going to be much more intense than in the OG because (Rebirth spoiler) Click To View Spoiler and that will be revealed there.

I'll put these next couple predictions in a spoiler tag because there are Rebirth spoilers:
Click To View Spoiler

The downside to my "faithful reimagining" theory is that it isn't particularly interesting. Hard to have wild predictions when the primary prediction is that the story remains unchanged.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#2]
I agree with the implementation of Zack and the Multiverse and the reasoning behind it.

The problem is that Square is always ambiguous about the truth of story details because, in their experience, if the story is good, but open ended, then the endings of their games can attract people for years.

Originally Posted By Ajek:

The downside to my "faithful reimagining" theory is that it isn't particularly interesting. Hard to have wild predictions when the primary prediction is that the story remains unchanged.
View Quote

This is the problem and how Rebirth hit for me. I was hoping for more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I agree with the implementation of Zack and the Multiverse and the reasoning behind it.

The problem is that Square is always ambiguous about the truth of story details because, in their experience, if the story is good, but open ended, then the endings of their games can attract people for years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah. I say Rebirth might be the best game I ever played, but at the same time there's a feeling of disappointment that it wasn't different - or "more," like you said.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah. I say Rebirth might be the best game I ever played, but at the same time there's a feeling of disappointment that it wasn't different - or "more," like you said.
View Quote

Yeah. There's something missing. Not sure what.

Every time I rage quit, I still keep playing it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to it. I don't have any theories. And no spoilers but, I was so bewildered during the last 5 or so hours of Rebirth I have no idea what's going to happen next.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yall might be interested in this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/1158

About this mod

A more faithful translation of Final Fantasy VII Remake's Japanese dialogue, providing an English localization that better resembles the original script.

Faithful Subs REBIRTH v1.6 with Commentary - Final Fantasy VII Remake Fan Translation Mod
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Yall might be interested in this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/1158

About this mod

A more faithful translation of Final Fantasy VII Remake's Japanese dialogue, providing an English localization that better resembles the original script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHhVy6iZQM
View Quote

I've seen that mod. I've been meaning to use it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Looking forward to it. I don't have any theories. And no spoilers but, I was so bewildered during the last 5 or so hours of Rebirth I have no idea what's going to happen next.
View Quote

There was a lot of bouncing between timelines starting with Sephiroth attacking Aerith to the very end with the party at the Tiny Bronco. It seems Zack was pulled through some by Sephiroth and maybe Aerith as she was able to help Cloud in the final fight.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:18:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#9]

There was a lot of bouncing between timelines starting with Sephiroth attacking Aerith to the very end with the party at the Tiny Bronco. It seems Zack was pulled through some by Sephiroth and maybe Aerith as she was able to help Cloud in the final fight.
View Quote

I think Zack was intentionally pushed into the multiverse (the lifestream?) By Sephiroth.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]

I think Zack was intentionally pushed into the multiverse (the lifestream?) By Sephiroth.
View Quote

It depends on which whispers pushed him in. I want to say it was the white whispers, so it would be Aerith. Unless it was the black whispers then it would have been Sephiroth. That's the only way to tell.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#11]

It depends on which whispers pushed him in. I want to say it was the white whispers, so it would be Aerith. Unless it was the black whispers then it would have been Sephiroth. That's the only way to tell.
View Quote

Hmm.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:43:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#12]

Hmm.
View Quote

Apparently, it's supported by lore, too.

From the chapters "Lifestream White" and "Lifestream Black" from the story "On the Way to a Smile." It seems that's what they're alluding to. Also, it would seem that story is canon.

I haven't read it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#13]
Interesting tidbit I saw today: a bunch of scenes are missing as the credits roll. Missing scenes appear to be the ones showing Cloud's perspective of ending events?

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting tidbit I saw today: a bunch of scenes are missing as the credits roll. Missing scenes appear to be the ones showing Cloud's perspective of ending events?

View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#15]
Max Dood and Ultimania translated summary of Rebirth
Let's Talk About Rebirth's Ending | Theories & Ultimania Details *SPOILERS*

If he's right, then that'll make my hypothesis half right.

If I remember correctly, he also predicted the title of Part 2 to be Rebirth. He guesses, along with others, that the third part will be called "Return" or "Returns."

He also suspects that the next installment will not require a "Pro" version of the PS5 citing his experience will how well it ran on his PS5. For me, I had frequent frame drops and poor graphical performance. That could be because I was playing through an Elgato capture card and HDMI switch through my PC to my 1080P monitor from my PS5.

The crack in the sky during the short date scene for Cloud and Aerith when they bought the candy might not be a sign of the end of the world. That right there is an interesting twist as they (the devs) hint it might be that or something more.

Also, Part 3's story is now complete according to Nomura. There's also hints about "Advent Children" being part of the final installment. He also said the reason Rebirth was so quickly finished was because of the amount of staff they kept on board from Remake. He follows this with saying they kept the entire crew for the third part.

This means it'll probably be released on the 30th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, IMO.

Kitase also expressed hopes that the FF7 universe will continue with more content after the Remake series.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m out of the country for another week. I’ll try to check that video out when I get back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m out of the country for another week. I’ll try to check that video out when I get back.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top