Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 9:53:41 PM EDT
Seen it online a few places. They have a faux P226 with night suppressor sights, threaded barrel, etc for way less than a Sig. Also fuck Sig with a rusty spoon for their shitty QC. Is this "Fime Group" P226 worth anything?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely nothing wrong.... with the P226.

Sig's plastic shit is one thing.  The 226, 229, 220, 227... All Awesome.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, does it take P226 mags?

ETA:  Nope:

Mags appear to be very high quality — I’m guessing they’re Mec-Gar units. For the record, magazines aren’t interchangeable between REX and SIG, due at least to the difference in how the magazine catch engages the body.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
NI.

The 22X series are pure perfection from Sig, at least function wise...

Finish leaves something to be desired w the Legion series
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a P226 knockoff, it's the knockoff of a knockoff, the CZ99
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#5]
the 226 is an excellent gun....i have one stamped JJ(my birth year)
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd want thinner grips, but otherwise yes, the Arex is excellent.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never owned or shot one, but I've handled one and pulled it apart, and I thought the build quality was pretty good.

Price is a weird contradiction. Looking at other firearms and looking at the build quality of the Rex, I think the price itself is fair, but if I was going to spend enough money to actually buy one, I'd probably get a CZ SP-01 or Beretta 92A1 instead.

I think I would actually prefer one over a current production Sig. Sig is just cutting too many corners for me to even humor the idea of paying the price for a new one. If you want to talk about old German Sigs, it's a different story.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#9]
My buddy has 2 of them.  Got one cerakoted and he's been happy with their performance.  He also collects West German Sigs so I'd trust his opinion of the Rex Zero.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Borrowing one from my friend to play with a rmr pistol. I like it the slide lock/decocker is better than sigs way plus you get a saftey if that's your thing. Only thing i don't like is the trigger is potato...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the 226 is an excellent gun....i have one stamped JJ(my birth year)
View Quote
JJ1971 is a cool SN
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Even those use MIM from India now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:53:03 AM EDT
[#13]
New Sig's are shit across the board. Change my mind.

The AREX has some impressive torture testing vids on the youtubes. That being said, I've handled one and was not impressed with the ergonomics. Position of controls felt off. Magazines are proprietary, which is silly IMO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New Sig's are shit across the board. Change my mind.

The AREX has some impressive torture testing vids on the youtubes. That being said, I've handled one and was not impressed with the ergonomics. Position of controls felt off. Magazines are proprietary, which is silly IMO.
View Quote
That’s the deal-breaker for me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I was interested in one when they were 450 bucks.

But now that they are within 50-100 bucks of a SIG, nope.  Especially when there isn't a trigger upgrade available (like the SIG SRT) and night sights are so uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
The Arex is what the 226 wished it could be.

Sig is trash.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#17]
The Zastava EZ is closer to a SIG than that is
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not a P226 knockoff, it's the knockoff of a knockoff, the CZ99
View Quote
This.

It's very, very high quality, though. Like a $900 Sig 226 made in the 90's level of quality. The safety's alright; slide stop also functions as a decocker. Doesn't decock when dropping the slide, though.

Good mags, cheap, made by Mec Gar.

Still waiting on more two-tone options. I want a goddamn stainless/chrome slide and black frame, damnit.

ETA: With $25 mags, I don't know why people are complaining about them being proprietary...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#19]
FWIW, the American Rifleman test resulted in the best groups I've seen in their tests.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s the only pistol last I saw to survive MAC’s gauntlet test. I have one in my go bag. It has never had a failure on me. I bought it because of MAC’s video.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It’s the only pistol last I saw to survive MAC’s gauntlet test. I have one in my go bag. It has never had a failure on me. I bought it because of MAC’s video.
View Quote
I wouldn't go broadcasting that advertising works on you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Advertising frequently works on me. but it’s hard to argue the gauntlet test. The gun proved itself in it. I got a used one cheap and I love it. I own sigs including a 226. The Rex is a great pistol at a great price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Advertising frequently works on me. but it’s hard to argue the gauntlet test. The gun proved itself in it. I got a used one cheap and I love it. I own sigs including a 226. The Rex is a great pistol at a great price.
View Quote
I was interested when they could be had under $500.  They are asking quite a bit more for them these days and there is no trigger upgrade (SRT is a must for me on a P-series and the Arex seems even longer than the standard SIG trigger) available currently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top