Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/14/2020 10:19:18 AM EDT
Link

The federal government on Tuesday carried out its first execution in almost two decades, killing by lethal injection a man convicted of murdering an Arkansas family in a 1990s plot to build a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest.
The execution of Daniel Lewis Lee came over the objection of the victims' relatives and following days of legal wrangling and delays.

Lee, 47, of Yukon, Oklahoma, professed his innocence just before he was executed at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana.

"I didn't do it," Lee said. "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I'm not a murderer."

His final words were: "You're killing an innocent man."
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Good
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that shit sounds political.
That said, don't federal prosecutors run some insane conviction rate? Like, they won't take a case unless it's an absolute slam dunk for them?

Speed
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Good

Fuck him
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw that it was temporarily stayed yesterday morning... Glad that a little pain before death was not going to stop the execution...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm certain minority death row inmates are next.  Right.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
"The execution of Daniel Lewis Lee came over the objection of the victims' relatives"

So the victims relatives didn't want him executed?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
wow they didn't waste time. Got the ruling from the SC and then boom, pumping midazolam and hydromorphone into said scumbag.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Bye
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw that it was temporarily stayed yesterday morning... Glad that a little pain before death was not going to stop the execution...
View Quote

The idea that an execution must be completely painless is absurd.  The Constitution protects against cruel and unusual punishment, it does not guarantee a painless death.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Another COVID death.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"The execution of Daniel Lewis Lee came over the objection of the victims' relatives"

View Quote
I've read some articles that they wanted to attend, but were concerned about COVID.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Line em up and strap em down. Sure there's quite a list. Do the Boston bomber next.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The idea that an execution must be completely painless is absurd.  The Constitution protects against cruel and unusual punishment, it does not guarantee a painless death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just use nitrogen gas.  No idea why they don't.  It's cheap, abundant, easy, safe, and completely painless and humane.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm certain minority death row inmates are next.  Right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#16]
They are getting it warmed up for Hilary.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Why is Nidal Hasan still using oxygen??
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just use  gas.  No idea why they don't.  It's cheap, abundant, easy, safe, and completely painless and humane.
View Quote
fify
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
I think the next two guys are already set. Haven't seen who's on deck after that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just use nitrogen gas.  No idea why they don't.  It's cheap, abundant, easy, safe, and completely painless and humane.
View Quote

I have wondered that as well. Seems like a no brainer compared to all the other options.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya; I've always wondered this myself when I see the headlines about pharma companies not selling the lethal injection meds.

Just use a noble gas. Done.

Speed
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
fify
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just use  gas.  No idea why they don't.  It's cheap, abundant, easy, safe, and completely painless and humane.
fify

I thought it was painless?  You don’t choke. You don’t smell poison gas. You pass out and die.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#23]
... Innocent, he didn't do it, so he says
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Damn, that shit sounds political.
That said, don't federal prosecutors run some insane conviction rate? Like, they won't take a case unless it's an absolute slam dunk for them?

Speed
View Quote

They do have a pretty high threshold level before they will accept prosecutions, any prosecution.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
fify
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Gasoline would certainly be an entertaining method of capital punishment.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the implication was, this particular "white racist" was chosen as the first execution in 20 years was "convenient" given the events currently in the country. It never would have restarted with a black murderer, the uproar would have been immense... Not saying Lewis didn't deserve the punishment just elaborating on how I viewed the post.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Snip...  One of Lee's lawyers, Ruth Friedman, said it was “shameful that the government saw fit to carry out this execution during a pandemic."

WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
wow they didn't waste time. Got the ruling from the SC and then boom, pumping midazolam and hydromorphone into said scumbag.
View Quote

So the Feds don't use the sedative, paralytic, potassium cocktail?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Gasoline would certainly be an entertaining method of capital punishment.
View Quote

Well if we're going for entertaining...

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Meanwhile KSM wakes up every morning in his tax dollar funded bed and eats his breakfast paid for by tax dollars.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why is Nidal Hasan still using oxygen??
View Quote

I’m waiting for the Army wide email asking for execution detail volunteers. Any day now....
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I thought it was painless?  You don’t choke. You don’t smell poison gas. You pass out and die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Humans, being human, will lay there gasping and choking (even passed out). Someone will claim they are in pain.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well if we're going for entertaining...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-10-2015/fJGjoU.gif

View Quote
feet first
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Good start
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#35]
About time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish they would put these on liveleak.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ya; I've always wondered this myself when I see the headlines about pharma companies not selling the lethal injection meds.

Speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

Use helium.  Start pumping it in as he makes his final statement so that as he talks his voice starts changing to that funny squeaky tone. Give everyone a good laugh to ease the tension of witnesses.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
feet first
View Quote

That'd be cruel and unusual.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It had already been scheduled for today - this was a last minute hold.  Two holds, actually - one was lifted over the weekend, and then another put in early Monday, when he was originally scheduled for execution.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#40]
good now there's an open bunk for hillary
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

And after the main event is over, everybody can air up their tires for the trip home.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've read some articles that they wanted to attend, but were concerned about COVID.
View Quote

The victims' family has protested about the death sentence.  They said that they wanted to be there to emphasize that the execution "was not being done on their behalf."

Mike
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Use helium.  Start pumping it in as he makes his final statement so that as he talks his voice starts changing to that funny squeaky tone. Give everyone a good laugh to ease the tension of witnesses.
View Quote
I like your style son

Speed
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

the key is the AND in there. It has to be cruel AND unusual not OR.

So a stabbing is cruel but not unusual in today's society.

Getting shot in the gun? cruel? Yes, unusual? depends but it happens daily so ill say no.

lethal injectoin cruel? no unusual? not with their meds but happens daily (meth heroin ETC OD's in general).

To get the death sentence isnt it typically more then just a homicide. You pretty much are a POS who killed and enjoyed it?

I like my buddies idea, they get what they sewed. you skinned people alive? guess what your punishment is!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Snip...  One of Lee's lawyers, Ruth Friedman, said it was “shameful that the government saw fit to carry out this execution during a pandemic."

WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
View Quote

Tea. The price of tea in China.  Not eggs, tea.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not uncommon for the victims family to want to see the person rot away in jail for they rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#47]
The victim's family did not want him executed, so it's kinda fucky for Barr to say "we have to do this for the victim's families".

I am not saying the guy was anything but a shitbag. Just making the above observation.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Mix it up a little.  Use helium... AND a wood chipper!  Imagine what THAT would sound like!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The victim's family did not want him executed, so it's kinda fucky for Barr to say "we have to do this for the victim's families".

I am not saying the guy was anything but a shitbag. Just making the above observation.
View Quote
I'm sure the families were 100% united in opposition. No way the media played up the members not wanting the piece of shit to die.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top