Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2022 1:57:00 PM EDT
Shortest version of this story is the subject line. In November, I ordered parts for a complete upper minus charging handle and handguard, and 4 SureFire Warcomp closed tine flash hiders. Thanks to the rarity of the Warcomps, the order didn't ship until this month.  Fedex tried to deliver once, and I can see on video that what the guy is holding matches the dimensions of my package. I couldn't answer the door, so I called and arranged to have it held at Walgreen's, since I had an Rx to pick up anyway. The next day I go to Walgreen's, sign for it, and I'm handed a different package. It's a Fedex box with the mangled label from a Walmart box under my relabel, and the box contains a toy. After numerous calls to the 1-800 number and the terminal directly, Fedex's answer is that my package was delivered to an unknown party, and that party has not been honest enough to report receiving the wrong package on 11 March. The shipper should file a claim and ship the goods again, sorry if they won't be in stock again for who knows how long, but not our problem. So great, the merchant gets to hold my money for six months, but worse, and as a direct result of Fedex's actions:

An unknown, dishonest person knows my name, my address, that I ordered AR parts, and can guess that I probably have the rest of the gun at my house.

The last (only) person I have evidence of with my package is the driver, but they say he can't explain what happened to it. Relabeling was done by someone else, a female who "feels terribly about it," according to the lady I spoke to at the Staunton, VA terminal. She said the customer who ordered the toy got it replaced by Walmart, and she did not receive my package. Since her tracking number shows as having arrived at the terminal on 11 March and never leaving, I believe that. Fedex has said nothing about picking up the package that isn't mine.

Aside from having the merchant file the claim, suggestions as to my next move? Fedex seemingly couldn't care less about my security concerns, and since it wasn't a firearm, my options are more limited.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, FedEx is hot garbage. They lost my new KAC upper for 3 days, got word they relabeled it but luckily they relabeled it appropriately. Was pretty sure I was going to receive something ridiculous in place of it. For all the butthurt about USPS, I've never had them lose a package and the worst delays were only experienced during the initial COVID shenanigans, they've leveled out pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, FedEx is hot garbage. They lost my new KAC upper for 3 days, got word they relabeled it but luckily they relabeled it appropriately. Was pretty sure I was going to receive something ridiculous in place of it. For all the butthurt about USPS, I've never had them lose a package and the worst delays were only experienced during the initial COVID shenanigans, they've leveled out pretty well.
View Quote

I've had problems with all of them but FedEx is by far the worst. Good luck getting ANYTHING from FedEx. I had a FedEx driver STEAL from me ON CAMERA and all FedEx could/would do is apologize but state there was nothing that could be done because all their drivers are 3rd party contract drivers.

The next most infuriating was USPS though. My wife's friend sent a birthday card. It was received with the envelope neatly slit open with a razor and was in a "sorry, this was damaged in transit" bag. The gift card inside was missing. We called USPS, the post master, everything and got ZERO cares. Finally went to the post office and confronted them. The response, "Yeah, we're very sorry, we had a problematic employee stealing things and they were let go a couple days ago." No compensation, no police involvement, nothing, just fired the scumbag and pretended it didn't happen. So the customer just has to eat that cost. Absolutely infuriating! Government bureaucracy at its finest!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top