Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2022 12:49:43 AM EDT
Just looking for some advice.
A Fedex package worth a few hundred showed "delivered" on the tracking.
My wife was home all day and never saw a package.
No cameras.

Our street is really busy when it said it was delivered. Not an ideal time to steal a package.
Also had two cars parked outside and have never had an issue in the past 5 years living here.

I have had to deliver packages to my neighbors that were delivered to me though.
Which makes me believe that the chances of it being delivered to the wrong address are way higher than someone stealing it.
I have heard that when they scan a package as they deliver it, it will record the GPS coordinates.
Problem is Fed Ex will only go through the claim process with the vendor who shipped it to me.

I contacted the vendor a week ago by email and left a phone message.
I haven't heard a peep from them.
I have no problem eating the cost IF it was stolen but I'd like some actual proof.
Something more than just the tracking showing delivered.

Thoughts? Yes, I need cameras....

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No cameras.

Our street is really busy when it said it was delivered. Not an ideal time to steal a package.
Also had two cars parked outside and have never had an issue in the past 5 years living here.

I have had to deliver packages to my neighbors that were delivered to me though.
Which makes me believe that the chances of it being delivered to the wrong address are way higher than someone stealing it.
I have heard that when they scan a package as they deliver it, it will record the GPS coordinates.
Problem is Fed Ex will only go through the claim process with the vendor who shipped it to me.

I have no problem eating the cost IF it was stolen but I'd like some actual proof.

View Quote

Contact Cc company and reverse changes .
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Contact Cc company and reverse changes .
View Quote

I'm definitely considering it.

If the vendor won't even respond or file a claim on it there isn't much else I can do.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Call FedEx and ask them to open up a case.  I have that often.  For whatever reason, FedEx shows the package as delivered when it really is still on the truck.  They have GPS tracking on the truck, and can pinpoint where each package was delivered.

If FedEx insists the package was delivered, call the CC company.  They will ask the vendor for details.  If the vendor does not respond, you will get your money back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
This happens. A lot.

I had a weird reverse of that last week where it was delivered, and Fed Ex sent me a notice saying it would be delivered the next day.

Their system is broken.

Have the shipper open a case. I expect it will show up in a week or two. If my experience is any precedent, the case will remain open and there will be no indication the late-arriving package had anything to do with the case. But, I'm not convinced that is the... case.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happened to me . We were both home all day , no one even came down our driveway . Package status was delivered , we never saw it . Called company they were cool and sent another item . A week later the first item was delivered in my mailbox not UPS so now I have 2 of the same sweat shirt and don't want 2 or to pay to return ship.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Call FedEx and ask them to open up a case.  I have that often.  For whatever reason, FedEx shows the package as delivered when it really is still on the truck.  They have GPS tracking on the truck, and can pinpoint where each package was delivered.

If FedEx insists the package was delivered, call the CC company.  They will ask the vendor for details.  If the vendor does not respond, you will get your money back.
View Quote

I opened a case with FedEx the next day. Checked the status of the case a few days later and they had closed it and I was told to contact the shipper. All by a robot. Never talked to an actual person at FedEx.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Same thing happened to me . We were both home all day , no one even came down our driveway . Package status was delivered , we never saw it . Called company they were cool and sent another item . A week later the first item was delivered in my mailbox not UPS so now I have 2 of the same sweat shirt and don't want 2 or to pay to return ship.
View Quote

That happens on the cheaper handoff to the USPS delivery by the big guys.  They often show it delivered when the dump it at the post office.   Not universal but I have had it happen just like that a few times.

The other thing I think I see is the driver marking it delivered but skipping that part of the route to get home on time.   Cut off a few roads and you save an hour and make it up the next day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No cameras.

View Quote

I'd give it a bit of time to see if it actually shows up.    I've had things show up later than they showed delivered.  If it didn't arrive I'd try to work with the vendor and if they didn't work with me I'd do a chargeback on my credit card.    

I actually had something similar happen w/ an ebay purchase.   It showed delivered.  I checked the video of the driver dropping off that day.  He didn't have my package.   Tried to work w/ the vendor but got nowhere.   Finally I had ebay return the funds.    About a month later the package showed up.  The driver had delivered it to some apartments across the way and it sat in their office.    I contacted the vendor and had them send me an invoice to pay them for it because I wasn't trying for free stuff.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It’s FedEx. Happens. You’ll probably get it or never.
They delivered an item of mine that I really needed to New Jersey.  Never got the item and had to switch vendors.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd give it a bit of time to see if it actually shows up.    I've had things show up later than they showed delivered.  If it didn't arrive I'd try to work with the vendor and if they didn't work with me I'd do a chargeback on my credit card.    

View Quote

Good advice. Thank you!

I just needed a sanity check.

I've never had to do a charge back in my life.

Hate to start now.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good advice. Thank you!

Hate to start now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice. Thank you!

Hate to start now.

Chargebacks are necessary sometimes.  Sometimes people are thieves.  Sometimes there's a problem and they just won't work with you.   I'll eat the cost on something if it's my fault, but I'm not going to eat it if someone is trying to screw me or just won't help me on something they're responsible for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
FedEx was continually delivering packages to my house (30th St), yet the address was on 38th Terr . The last time when I took the package to the right house, the guy was in a yelling match on the phone with fedex because the package was shown as delivered.
Now how in the F does someone make that screw up, at least 5 times before I actually saw the fedex gal deliver another package to me, and explained to the dunce that the address she needed, was around the corner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I opened a case with FedEx the next day. Checked the status of the case a few days later and they had closed it and I was told to contact the shipper. All by a robot. Never talked to an actual person at FedEx.
View Quote

They told me the same thing. Package showed up several days later.
Fedex use to be fine here until Covid, now they are as bad or worse than USPS. I always had the same driver before and have not seen her since Covid started.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]
If you persist through the automated phone system and get an actual person they can pull GPS logs of the scanner to see where it was when scanned as delivered.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you persist through the automated phone system and get an actual person they can pull GPS logs of the scanner to see where it was when scanned as delivered.
View Quote

Weirdest thing....

FEDEX called and left a voicemail about my claim.

Wondering if I had the package yet.

I called back and made sure to get a person.

They told me the same thing the automated system did.

That I need to go through the shipper.

Shipper still hasn't got back to me despite two emails, a voicemail, and i sent a message via their website.

I'll give it one more day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top