Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2019 10:18:33 AM EDT
I'm in a standard 12 man non head to head keeper league. 6pt for td. 1pt per 25yd for qbs and 1pt per 10yd for rb wr or te. Typical snake style with draft position at 8. My keeper options are Devante Adams for 2nd rd pick. Chris Carson for 7th or Baker Mayfield for 10th. I dont know anyone else's keeper but I can speculate.  I typically favor rbs early in the draft. Would do a poll but looks like I can't since I'm an Arfcom pleb. What do?
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It kinda depends on who you are looking at with your 1.08.

I’d probably keep D.Adams. I think he has the best odds to be top 5 at his position and be a cornerstone for your team. And he probably has a late 1st ADP of about where you pick. So you get him for your 2nd rather than having to take him where you pick in the 1st. That’s like trading a 2nd round pick to pick up another 1st round pick.

QB is deep so I’d risk letting Mayfield go back into the pool. He’s probably got an ADP in the 5th or 6th round. You can wait and take your pick of similarly priced QB’s there.

Carson I can just never get too hot about. But honestly, that isn’t a bad price for him. His ADP is probably in the 4th or 5th round. So he’s the biggest “bargain” in terms of your keeper discount.

If you want to go WR with your 1.08 and/or 2.05 picks, you could keep Carson. It wouldn’t be a bad strategy.

But I tend to favor studs at a slight discount rather than solid producers at bigger discounts, so I’d probably still stick with Adams given the safety of that pick.

But if there is no one you like at 1.08 and you’d be looking at Adams there anyway, there’s no reason to not gamble on Carson and enjoy the discount.

The caveat: know your league trends. If you are in a quirky league, you can’t ignore that. That doesn’t mean you follow the trends. Often times going opposite pays off. But you need to know what your opponents are likely to do if you are wanting a guy to slide down to you at some later point.

Check out footballguys.com. Great website with lots of great info, analysis and insight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like Mayfield at that position. Perhaps I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but I really like what I have seen from Cleveland, and I can't remember saying that very often in the last 40 years.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like Mayfield at that position. Perhaps I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but I really like what I have seen from Cleveland, and I can't remember saying that very often in the last 40 years.
View Quote
I don’t fault anyone for taking him. But I think where he goes in a draft is pretty close to the pick OP has to give up. So why not keep one of the other 2 guys who are discounted and then just burn that same draft pick on Mayfield when it comes around?
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don’t fault anyone for taking him. But I think where he goes in a draft is pretty close to the pick OP has to give up. So why not keep one of the other 2 guys who are discounted and then just burn that same draft pick on Mayfield when it comes around?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Re: Adams - I'm not sold on Matt LeFleur's offense, or Rodgers' willingness to to run it as designed. Too risky a pick for me. Carson's a committee back, and I really don't care much for RBBC situations in fantasy.

On the other hand, I've liked Mayfield's production in Kitchens' offense, and the team added some very exciting skill players in the offseason. I could easily see him at 4000+ passing yards and 35-40 TDs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Im with you Mason. I have very high hopes for Mayfield. He's got a lot of talent around him and he's the most ambitious player to come into the league in a very long time. I love his attitude. Its infectious. But my mo has always been stock up on rbs early. Adams adp is 1st rd. Carson is 3rd. And Mayfields is around 6-7. Being 8th in this keeper league will prolly net me Gurley for my first pick. There's too much depth at qb to keep Mayfield when I have Adams and Carson as options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top