Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2021 12:56:11 AM EDT
I ran across this on the survivalist boards in one of the creepy threads they have there and I’m wondering if anybody else has experienced this. I think I’ve mentioned it here before but I’ll post my story again so forgive me if it’s a little long-winded but I’m trying to put all the details in.  

So this was probably a good seven or eight years ago, I would have to go back and look at my notes because I wrote it up at the time. But if you can imagine a capital H in your head that’s sort of how my house is laid out with the right vertical leg at the top being where the garage is and the bottom being where our workout room is and then the left vertical leg the top is like a library area and the bottom end is our master bedroom and the horizontal connecting leg is basically where we walk through in our kitchen and living room area

Anyway one day I was sitting there fucking around I think actually on arfcom in my office area which is in the right vertical leg just below the horizontal leg and about 20 feet away from the top end of the right leg that goes into the garage if that makes sense. Anyway it was about time for my wife to get home from work. I heard the garage door go up and her pull into the garage. I then heard the garage access door at the top end of that right leg that I spoke of open and close and then I heard her high heels clicking on the tile. Our house is basically completely ceramic tile or hardwood. So I hear her walking in the house no more than 15 or 20 feet away from me and then make it turn on that horizontal leg and drop her lunch bag on the counter. We have a granite countertop and she always takes her lunch to work so I heard the plastic shopping bag that she carries her stuff in hit the counter with the sound of our silverware along with the Tupperware that she takes daily to work and then after that I heard her high heels clicking on the tile as she walked through that area and then made a left turn and went down towards the master bedroom where she always changes because that’s what she does every single day.

Maybe 10 minutes later I’ve still not heard her come back out of the bedroom so I went to go see where she was and she wasn’t in the bedroom and there was no bag of lunch stuff on the counter so I looked in the garage and the car was not there. Just for some weird moment I thought well maybe she busted out to go grab some thing at the store and maybe I just didn’t hear her but that would’ve been essentially impossible because she would have to walk past me to get to the garage.

So I called her. I asked her if she had come home and left again and she said no that she was still like 10 minutes away from even getting home initially. I never really could wrap my head around it because it wasn’t just one single thing it was the totality of the circumstances. Multiple sounds over the course of probably one or two full minutes from the sound of the garage door opening to the access door opening and closing to her heels on the tile and the sound of her lunch bag on the counter. I still can’t figure that one out. Anybody hear have anything like that happen?
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
What?
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What?
View Quote

Yeah that was exactly my response. I checked the garage and the garage door was open, no car there, no wife in the house and no lunch bag on the counter.  It was weird as fuck. She had just finished seeing her patients and it was right about the time she was due home so that’s what was kind of odd but neither she nor I can come up with a reason for it.  But after reading the term for it on that other website I figured I would check and see if anybody else had experienced something like that. I never knew it actually had a name.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Auditory illusion.  Sometimes when you read something with a word missing but the first time through you read as though the word wasn't missing later to find that it was missing.  This is a function of the brain filling in the gaps and we do it all the time. Same thing with sounds. Although that was a lot of detail to hear for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Auditory illusion.  Sometimes when you read something with a word missing but the first time through you read as though the word wasn't missing later to find that it was missing.  This is a function of the brain filling in the gaps and we do it all the time. Same thing with sounds. Although that was a lot of detail to hear for a long time.
View Quote

Yeah that’s my point. I could understand if I heard some clicking noise that sounded like her heels on the tile but it was the culmination of a shit load of stuff in the exact order that she presents every single day when she comes home from work.  And the garage door was up so that one sort of caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up when I saw that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure if I have heard of this phenomenon.  Very odd for sure.

Eta hopefully it is not a glitch in the matrix
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably like when you feel your phone vibrating in your pocket, but your phone is not in your pocket. Had that happen to.me on several occasions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I have heard of this phenomenon.  Very odd for sure.

Eta hopefully it is not a glitch in the matrix
View Quote

Actually I think that is one of the possible explanations where it’s a crossing over a different dimensions but who knows. Definitely very odd though. But if it’s a glitch in the matrix I’m going to be super pissed because I got a short dick in this existence LOL. I feel like I’ve been cheated.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Probably like when you feel your phone vibrating in your pocket, but your phone is not in your pocket. Had that happen to.me on several occasions.
View Quote

Seriously? I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. its pretty weird.
Mind playing tricks based on past stimulus they say.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have. its pretty weird.
Mind playing tricks based on past stimulus they say.
View Quote

Interesting. Brain can do some fucked up shit
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

At some level his brain heard or sensed the garage door going to, and filled in the rest of what normally occurs after that
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had it happen to me before. Back when I was in high school I was sitting in my room watching TV. I heard the front screen door open then the front door and when I looked at my doorway I could have swore I saw something move past it and then the bathroom light flicked on which was just passed my doorway. I yelled out for my brother asking why he was home because he was supposed to be working I didn't get an answer and after a couple of tries got mad that he wouldn't answer me so finally I got up and went in there and there was nobody in the house.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#13]
It happens.

And remember when we used to carry pagers?  Ever feel it vibrate with a message alert when you weren't even wearing it?

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It happens.

And remember when we used to carry pagers?  Ever feel it vibrate with a message alert when you weren't even wearing it?

View Quote

Yep I remember that happening.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

It's called "phantom vibrating". Even more common these days with cell phones in our pockets. I experience it all the time in my left leg since that's the pocket I put my cell phone in.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Solitude can make the mind work in funny ways, and the mind is a powerful tool when turned loose.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I am just impressed that your wife wears high heels. I am jealous.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's called "phantom vibrating". Even more common these days with cell phones in our pockets. I experience it all the time in my left leg since that's the pocket I put my cell phone in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

I wonder if that happens with all vibrating objects.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Solitude can make the mind work in funny ways, and the mind is a powerful tool when turned loose.
View Quote

Oft I have heard/read of instances of the Mind "protecting itself" from things it cannot process, "tunnel vision" stopping sensory overload (protective processing) event causing PTSD, many of which I believe are never sorted or outed...
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Also, OP, Ive had this happen before.  Heard the sounds of dogs dead roaming the house too.  

Dont know if it is the brain making sense if noises, hopes or some kind if brush with an alternate dimension.  

Honestly, that wouldnt shock me and could explain some of the things we experience.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

@mach and she is a doctor.  And I am pilot so that has made for some good roleplay nights lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@mach and she is a doctor.  And I am pilot so that has made for some good roleplay nights lol
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top