Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/29/2023 2:42:58 PM EDT
https://web.archive.org/web/20231128053323/https://www.givesendgo.com/rufinifamily

Our family has unexpectedly incurred very substantial (for us) legal expenses as the result of an aggressive investigation against our fifteen year-old son for posting offensive memes in a private group chat. While the investigation resulted in juvenile probation and a minor misdemeanor conviction for breach of peace, our home was raided by the FBI and we were forced to come up with thousands of dollars in non-refundable bail money and legal fees. We are a working class family that lives paycheck-to-paycheck and bankruptcy is a near certainty. It will be a struggle to keep our home without help.

Our difficulties began in early 2023. Our 15 year-old was home-schooled and working in the office of my father's family business during the day when my father was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. In addition to running a business, my father was responsible for the full-time care of my 93 year-old grandmother who lived in an in-law apartment at his home. My father very abruptly became too ill from chemotherapy to work full-time or care for my grandmother, and a large portion of the responsibility for this fell on my son until I could get home from work every day. It was a very stressful time, compounded by several unrelated deaths in the family that happened in the same time period.

None of our children, including my son, had been raised with cell phones or unrestricted internet access. It became necessary for him to have a phone so we could communicate while he was alone at my father's house caring for my grandmother, and so we reluctantly allowed him to have a cell phone. He spent a lot of time alone with nothing to do but wait and think and the cell phone became a welcome distraction. His interests in history and theology led him down a rabbit hole where he was recruited into group chats targeting teenage traditionalist Catholics with extreme political content. We later learned that these chats were being closely monitored, and possibly operated by, FBI agents as part of an effort to investigate Traditional Catholics that was downstream of a broader domestic investigation spurred by the events of January 6th.

My son is very stoic so we had no idea any of this was occurring. He dutifully assisted my father during the day and went home in the evening while I took over at my father's house. Unbeknownst to us, he was being drawn deeper and deeper into these chat groups and goaded into doing things like take pictures of himself in public wearing ski masks and to print out memes and leave them on picnic tables. They would ask him if he had access to guns (he would go target shooting under the supervision of my brother, who lived in an in-law apartment at our home and owned firearms) and encourage him to sneak photographs of the guns and post them. Ironically, our legal troubles began when he had an attack of conscience and abruptly deleted all of his chat apps. He later told us that he felt using social media was a coping mechanism and it had been affecting his mood and ability to sleep.

The FBI panicked and made the assumption that he must have connected to a terror cell in real life and "gone dark" ahead of some potential violent act. There was no such plan and they had no evidence of one, but it didn't stop them from spending two weeks fabricating a legal pretense for a search warrant of our home. At 10:00pm on a Sunday evening we were dragged out of our home at gunpoint, handcuffed and locked in a van while they searched our home for evidence of this imagined plot. Having found no such evidence, they seized my brother's firearms and had my son hospitalized on mental health pretenses.

We didn't learn until that night the scope of the investigation or the amount of time and resources expended on my son. We know him to be a kind and conscientious boy who is active in his community and church. He is a volunteer firefighter and altar boy. He said some things we aren't very happy with and showed a severe lack of judgement in his associations but the response seemed very disproportionate.

It soon became clear that there was no grand conspiracy or imminent danger and the FBI lost interest, but we have been mired in the aftermath ever since. There was a DCF investigation that went nowhere but required us to go to daily appointments for months. The state brought criminal charges against my son that were eventually disposed of but required a legal battle that lasted months. When his charges were disposed of, my brother and I were charged for allowing my son to target shoot based on the assumption that we must have somehow known that he was involved in political extremism online. It seems unlikely to amount to much but has cost us over $20,000 we don't have so far.

I have been reluctant to seek help but the threat of losing our home has become very real. I work with the homeless for a faith-based non-profit organization, and my brother manages a family owned butcher shop. My wife stays at home and home schools our younger children while managing a small homestead. We are paying legal bills by not paying other bills. Our credit is extended as far as it can go so our kids can have Christmas. The mortgage is a few weeks behind and we have zero breathing room for any unexpected expenses at this point. Our son is racked with guilt and believes himself to be at fault for our dire financial straits. While it is very humbling for me as someone who has always provided for others to ask for help, I know it is sometimes necessary and for us that time has come.

https://www.givesendgo.com/rufinifamily

American Greatness put up an article about it: https://amgreatness.com/2023/11/28/trad-catholic-family-dragged-out-of-home-at-gunpoint-locked-in-van-after-fbi-goaded-teen-to-post-offensive-memes-dad-says/

------------------------------------------------
ETA:
Seem to be court cases that apppear to line up with the details at first look:

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/CaseDetail.aspx?source=Pending&Key=c4c25888-3757-4cb2-b8be-3b583b671258

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/CaseDetail.aspx?source=Pending&Key=1fb66cf8-7749-4268-8c31-5556dda46e03

And a twitter user went digging to check the details:

Info from a news site:
(he apppears to have run for some local office)
https://www.thechronicle.com/news/incumbent-first-selectman-tallies-most-votes-in-chaplin/article_b224830e-7e4c-11ee-9e02-6f07758672ec.html
For two open seats on the Board of Finance, there were three candidates. The highest vote getters were Democratic incumbent Link Diwan with 261 votes and Republican Jeremiah Rufini with 273 votes, against Republican incumbent Doug Dubitsky with 251 votes. Republican Matthew Foster, who was unopposed, won 310 votes to serve as an alternate to that board.

Well this got interesting.

Dreher seems to have stuck his foot in it and the flamewar is on:

https://nitter.net/RealJohnDios

12-2

Hat-tip V42 in the thread for the find.

Dreher replies.
https://roddreher.substack.com/p/why-i-dont-support-the-rufini-family

Why I Don't Support The Rufini Family
Despite their GiveSendGo claim, they weren't innocent Trads set upon by feds
Rod Dreher
Dec 2, 2023

(I’m making this edition of my newsletter available to the public, not just to subscribers.)

A few days ago, I posted to my Twitter account a link to the GiveSendGo account of the Rufini family of Connecticut. As I recall, the text of the appeal wrote of the heavy financial difficulties the family faces as the result of the actions of their 15 year old son. The text portrayed the boy, a Catholic, as having been drawn into online extremism, and ultimately arrested by the FBI. I don’t have the text of the appeal in front of me, but I recall that my sympathy went out to the family, in part because (as the appeal pointed out), they identify as conservative Catholics, and we know that the FBI had targeted such people. I hate that the FBI did that, so without knowing precisely what the teenager did, I was confident that I could retweet the appeal in good conscience.

As it turns out, that was unwise of me. Some conservative Christians in the legal world — the kind of people who are normally strongly against the state going after Christians — contacted me to say that I should consider taking down my tweet. They said the kid stands accused of some heinous things, far beyond the kind of stupid online radicalism that some young men fall into. I was given an arrest warrant for the boy’s father; the kid’s arrest warrant has apparently been sealed, presumably owing to his status as a juvenile. The conservative Christians were right: this is really evil and dangerous. I took down my tweet, and explained why, without going into detail, because this family has enough trouble as it is.

Now some bad-faith right-wing actors have turned on me for that, on the grounds that we conservatives should have No Enemies To The Right. (The Rufini GiveSendGo account has since been deleted in the wake of the resulting controversy.) I responded by pointing out that the stuff this kid allegedly did was much worse than I had guessed, and I don’t in good conscience feel that I can encourage people to donate to the family’s cause. That’s never enough for the NETTR crowd, which believes that no matter how wicked and dangerous is the behavior of someone on the Right, it must be defended because The Left Is Worse.

To defend my action, I’m going to make public most of the arrest warrant for the kid’s father, Jerome Rufini, which is not under seal. The FBI and the Connecticut State Police charged the father, a convicted felon, with having firearms in the house where his son could get to them. That seems like an aggressive move, and I don’t necessarily endorse it. I am posting these details below, though, because they detail what the boy (unnamed) is accused of having done.

Here are excerpts from the arrest warrant:

Whatever you think about the justice of the feds charging the father here, it is clear from this affidavit the the Rufini boy was in no way maliciously treated by the authorities. This kid had been racially radicalized, had access to heavy weaponry, and gave indications that he was prepared to use it to kill innocent people.

I do feel sorry for the family, who probably had no idea that their son had been so consumed by online radicalism. Nevertheless, these are not remotely minor accusations. If the Rufini kid were Muslim, and had access to weapons, and had been radicalized by online Islamists to the point where he was casing synagogues and other places, and saying online that he planned to assault them — I don’t think anybody on the Right would muster enough sympathy for the boy’s family to donate to them. Some might; that’s their business. I would want nothing to do with it in that case, and even though the Rufinis are Christian, their case is not, as I thought based on their GiveSendGo appeal, one in which the wicked feds came down hard on a dopey 15-year-old boy for saying ugly, bigoted things online.

Here’s what a sympathetic Internet platform said about the case recently. You can see here why I was initially sympathetic. I thought the kid might have been entrapped by the FBI. I should have been savvier than to take that claim at face value. The Rufinis were fundraising off an account of their ordeal that struck me as misleading, and written in such a way as to play on the natural sympathy Christian conservatives like me have for traditional Catholics, and the antagonism we have for the way our government sometimes behaves. Excerpt:

Rufini posted a fundraiser over on GiveSendGo seeking roughly $20,000 to help get his family back on their feet, as even after the FBI dropped the case the state brought criminal charges on his family that left them spending thousands.

In short, the family’s teenage boy – a volunteer firefighter and altar boy at their local parish – was goaded by FBI agents to take pictures in public wearing ski masks and leave printed out memes on picnic tables, while also pressing him on his access to guns and even sneak photos of his family’s guns.

All of this started when Rufini’s father got too weak after chemotherapy to work at their family business, or care for their 93 year old grandmother. While Rufini worked during the day, their teenage son took up the mantle of watching their grandmother, so he got his first cell phone to keep in touch.

“None of our children, including my son, had been raised with cell phones or unrestricted internet access. It became necessary for him to have a phone so we could communicate while he was alone at my father’s house caring for my grandmother, and so we reluctantly allowed him to have a cell phone. He spent a lot of time alone with nothing to do but wait and think and the cell phone became a welcome distraction. His interests in history and theology led him down a rabbit hole where he was recruited into group chats targeting teenage traditionalist Catholics with extreme political content. We later learned that these chats were being closely monitored, and possibly operated by, FBI agents as part of an effort to investigate Traditional Catholics that was downstream of a broader domestic investigation spurred by the events of January 6th.”

Despite the United States Attorney General Merrick Garland fervently insisting the Department of Justice nor the FBI do not investigate “based on religion” (a leaked FBI memo said they were, in fact, targeting “radical-traditionalist Catholics”), this new attack on Rufini’s family confirms they have done such investigations and still do to this day.

Unbeknownst to us, he was being drawn deeper and deeper into these chat groups and goaded into doing things like take pictures of himself in public wearing ski masks and to print out memes and leave them on picnic tables. They would ask him if he had access to guns (he would go target shooting under the supervision of my brother, who lived in an in-law apartment at our home and owned firearms) and encourage him to sneak photographs of the guns and post them. Ironically, our legal troubles began when he had an attack of conscience and abruptly deleted all of his chat apps. He later told us that he felt using social media was a coping mechanism and it had been affecting his mood and ability to sleep.

Once the teenager broke free of the FBI’s calculated dragnet, Rufini notes the federal agency then assumed “he must have connected to a terror cell in real life and ‘gone dark’ ahead of some potential violent act.”

This was when the FBI built a legal case to raid the family, upon which they promptly stormed their home for purported evidence of a threat while they locked the family in a van.

There was no such plan and they had no evidence of one, but it didn’t stop them from spending two weeks fabricating a legal pretense for a search warrant of our home. At 10:00pm on a Sunday evening we were dragged out of our home at gunpoint, handcuffed and locked in a van while they searched our home for evidence of this imagined plot. Having found no such evidence, they seized my brother’s firearms and had my son hospitalized on mental health pretenses.

While Rufini said he was disappointed in his son’s “severe lack of judgement” online, he found the FBI’s actions and raid on their family and home were “very disproportionate”.

Here’s the headline on the website Catholic Vote’s report on the controversy:

As you can see from the affidavit, this case was about far, far worse things than a teenage altar boy’s “based” memes. We don’t know why authorities settled for minor charges against the kid; maybe after further investigation they determined that he wasn’t a real danger after all. The idea that the FBI entrapped this kid does not seem to be based in anything but guesswork. The fact that the FBI seems to have targeted traditionalist Catholics, while reprehensible, does not negate the allegations in this affidavit, which pointed to the real possibility of a massacre or other violence by this boy. Remember, he identified a specific local synagogue as a place he wanted to attack on a specific date, and encouraged people to firebomb a Masonic lodge. And the Rufini kid, amid posting photos of his family’s AR-15 (to which he had access) and Nazi symbols, said “I wanna kill niggers”.

You don’t think the FBI and the state police had to act in this case? Come on. Whatever else this situation is, it’s almost certainly not about the FBI picking on a poor, naive trad altar boy lured into posting far-right memes, and his family.

I don’t apologize in the least for taking down my retweet of their GiveSendGo appeal. If folks want to give money to help the Rufinis get back on their feet, fine, be my guest. Just don’t do it because I suggested it, having allowed myself to be taken in by the way the Rufini father characterized the situation. That’s the reason I removed my GiveSendGo retweet. I had not wanted to make the arrest warrant for the father public, because they have enough trouble, but I’m not going to sit back and let NETTR cretins dump on me for taking the tweet down because in their one-track minds, the only reason any conservative would reject this stuff is to get an invitation to a Georgetown cocktail party, or whatever self-justification they engage in to numb their conscience to evil. I don’t tolerate it when leftists downplay Hamas’s evil deeds on October 7 because it is inconvenient to their anti-Israel narrative, and I won’t tolerate it when rightists do the same in an effort to preserve their anti-fed narrative.

If these people want to support the Rufinis financially or otherwise, again, go for it. But they’ll need to explain why, given the information in the arrest warrant for the Rufini father — including the allegations that the Rufini kid, who had access to a small arsenal of weapons (including an AR-15 he bragged about online), cased out places for potential attack, and made specific violent threats against specific places, was nothing more than a gullible kid entrapped by the FBI. The arrest warrant said that the FBI was monitoring that Telegram account — as it should have been doing! — but it gives no reason to believe that FBI agents posted on there to goad traditionalist Catholics to express their desire to “kill niggers,” shoot up a synagogue, firebomb a Masonic lodge, or to “warn” people that the local public school around which the weird kid skulked is probably a site of “faggots raping your kids.” How can the Rufinis claim that “there was no evidence of a plan” when the affidavit submitted as part of the arrest warrant for the father quotes the juvenile saying plainly that he intended to attack a synagogue “this Saturday”?

I get it: nobody wants to believe their teenager is responsible for that kind of behavior. Plus, Jeremiah Ruffini, the kid’s father, is a convicted felon who is not supposed to possess guns. The guns in Jeremiah’s house might have belonged to his brother Jesse, who lived with them, but still, there was no indication in the family’s GiveSendGo appeal that Jeremiah is a convicted felon, and that the house was full of firearms to which the 15-year-old neo-Nazi sympathizer had easy access. Note in the affidavit that Jeremiah told investigators that he knew his son took the AR-15 up to his bedroom from time to time. Jeremiah does not come off as a particularly responsible father here.

The bottom line is that this is a much messier and darker story than the Rufinis and their online right-wing partisans have presented. Yes, political and religious conservatives, we do have enemies to the right — and some of them are armed and dangerous. Some of them are targeting our kids while we aren’t looking. It’s shameful and stupid not to recognize that, or to stay silent about it because you fear the opprobrium of the mob. You are answerable to God and to your own conscience, not to right-wing shitposters. If the lie that this was a completely innocent trad Catholic family whose son was corrupted the feds, and who was wrongly targeted by them, is to succeed in separating charitable people from their money, then let it not do so through my efforts.
View Quote

So dreher says this stuff is fromt he dad's warrant, not the kids.

This is a picture drher put up at the link above:

If it is what it's purported to be AND what it says happened. Yeah, that needed action. Making specific immoral and illegal threats, showing access to carry out those threats, and equipment to do it, while exhibiting a motive to do it too.

It's still screwed up how the FBI is selective what they enforce against. If this was a muslim doing the same or a leftist doing this against a christian private school... or provably, someone who you had doing CP but there's a J6 er on hand to screw instead ... Or you know, the sexual abuse of the US gymnasts ...

Again. Screwed up how selective the pratoreans are.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, so NOW the glow******* can stop someone "on their radar."
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Department of Justice my ass.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Show us the memes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Show us the memes.
View Quote

It said they were in a private chat and he deleted them all.

I haven't even seen if it was a discord or something else.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck the king, and fuck the king's men.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Catholic terrorism?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, that's one side of the story...

I'm gonna need to see the memes and other shit he posted. I bet he was on the radar for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Not saying the FBI is right but guessing there is a lot more to the kid posting pics other than simple memes

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the only side I need to hear. Feds aren't people.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not saying the FBI is right but guessing there is a lot more to the kid posting pics other than simple memes

View Quote

Why would anyone assume that FIB is right about anything?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
"When his charges were disposed of, my brother and I were charged for allowing my son to target shoot based on the assumption that we must have somehow known that he was involved in political extremism online."

Wut?   As in, what was the specific criminal charge and jurisdiction?  

Strange that they don't post up any of the charging documents.  Or, the affidavit used to secure the search warrant.  

Perhaps I'm just old and bitter, but the whole thing seems scammish.  All the background nonsense about family health issues, yet none of the core specifics about the charges against anyone.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I feel sorry for those who fall under the observation and actions of a government with unlimited power and money.  However, in this case, There seems to be a pattern of poor choices that involves more than just this son.

One should not be spending money on Christmas gifts they don't have to the extent of risking their home.

As they say in the article "Our credit is extended as far as it can go so our kids can have Christmas. The mortgage is a few weeks behind"

Time for the 15 year old to drop out of home school and starting working full time at the family butcher shop to help with the bills.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember when the FBI went after real terrorists and bank robbers? If someone is trying to talk you into violent acts...it's probably a fed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Every government employee involved in persecuting this child and his family will have to account for their behavior.

"...And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/Matthew/13/42

These people are simply evil.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The "memes left on picnic tables" would be interesting to see, but it sounds like ultimately they found he did nothing wrong.

If the FBI had done nothing and he HAD gone on a rampage somwhere, we'd all be livid that the FBI had seen the memes and posts and "allowed it to happen."

Seems like there should be something in between "this kid was posting concerning stuff on the web and just went dark" and "raid the house and arrest everybody for everything we can think of" though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"When his charges were disposed of, my brother and I were charged for allowing my son to target shoot based on the assumption that we must have somehow known that he was involved in political extremism online."

Wut?   As in, what was the specific criminal charge and jurisdiction?  

Strange that they don't post up any of the charging documents.  Or, the affidavit used to secure the search warrant.  

Perhaps I'm just old and bitter, but the whole thing seems scammish.  All the background nonsense about family health issues, yet none of the core specifics about the charges against anyone.  
View Quote

Exactly.

People will believe it hook, line & sinker though.

Same reason leftists believe every single article they read about Trump colluding with Russia.  They want it to be real, so it is.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta get them hopers
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#19]
The whole thing is a fabrication from the fagboisinc.

This is just another op to stir up some shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts. My basis would automatically be against them until proven otherwise.

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Replace

"The FBI falsely accused my white conservative Catholic teen son of being a school shooter, please donate money to our family"

with

"The DEA falsely accused my BLM supporting teen son of being a drug dealer, please donate money to our family"

and tell me if you still feel the same way?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm gonna need to see the memes and other shit he posted. I bet he was on the radar for a reason.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

And you guys believe that Randy Weaver was a racist crook too, right?

The government owns the burden of proof for any and all claims, even if they are only public comments, search warrants, charging documents, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I don't believe government agencies should have any benefit of the doubt on anything, based on actions over the last several years.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd def need to know more before I even considered donating but I believe it.

You could throw a dart at any 15 year old teen in Baltimore/Chicago social media presence and find multiple felonies, just there for everyone to see. . . . Kids posting pictures of glocks with switches right in the middle of their school, but of course no one cares.

Meanwhile the government wants so badly to find a White Christian home-schooled kid, that I could see billions being spent on stupid shit just like this
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Trust the government, hahahaha.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Replace

"The FBI falsely accused my white conservative Catholic teen son of being a school shooter, please donate money to our family"

with

"The DEA falsely accused my BLM supporting teen son of being a drug dealer, please donate money to our family"

Just curious.
View Quote

If the evidence in both cases was the same (which is to say, NONE) , then yes. I would feel the same.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Prison for "Likes".
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL the FBI knows they can disappear people like this. the 'go quietly' types are such easy prey
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#28]
If y'all haven't heard about this one, it happened to one of my clients

Had a run in with the FIB's as a witness who didnt care to get involved. Answered a few of their questions then decided to rescind his waiver of his 5th Amendment rights and fedbois got pissed, filed a 302 on him (see Martha Stewart) that didn't jive with what he had told them and then he's getting a warrant served for his arrest at his house

Anyway, during his arrest a female SA walks up and hands him his own locked cell phone and asks if he wants to call his attorney now or wait until later when they get him past booking. He says thanks and takes his cell phone

As soon as he enters his passcode, the SA snatches the phone BACK out of his hands and snips, "THANK youuu..." and proceeds to violate his 4th AND 5th Amendment Rights and goes to work on his cell phone, presumably downloading it and everything on it

Word to the wise...
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Replace

with

Just curious.
View Quote

Your concern is noted.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Had a run in with the FIB's as a witness who didnt care to get involved. Answered a few of their questions then decided to rescind his waiver of his 5th Amendment rights and fedbois got pissed, filed a 302 on him (see Martha Stewart) that didn't jive with what he had told them and then he's getting a warrant served for his arrest at his house

Anyway, during his arrest a female SA walks up and hands him his own locked cell phone and asks if he wants to call his attorney now or wait until later when they get him past booking. He says thanks and takes his cell phone

As soon as he enters his passcode, the SA snatches the phone BACK out of his hands and snips, "THANK youuu..." and proceeds to violate his 4th AND 5th Amendment Rights and goes to work on his cell phone, presumably downloading it and everything on it

Word to the wise...
View Quote

It would have been hilarious if he factory reset it right in front of her.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Guess they failed at touching off their next school shooter.   Oh well.  Plenty more time to create terrorists to catch.

If you are an FBI agent I would not piss on you to put out a fire.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Word to the wise...
View Quote

American Stazi.

Fucking filth.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Replace

with

Just curious.
View Quote

I do.  I just assume the "BLM supporting teen son" was on the FBI's payroll.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Prior to stuff the did with russian collusion, I'd agree with you.  I don't anymore.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
The FBI does not deserve the benefit of anyone's doubt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Those FBI agents are probably online right now calling someone a putin agent for just having the wrong opinion
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Corrupt public dependent trash doing their usual stasi fuckery
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#38]
There are people present on this discussion forum that respect the FBI.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Those FBI agents are probably online right now calling someone a putin agent for just having the wrong opinion
View Quote

the_congress has made it into this thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#40]
The FJB administration announced that white Catholics were the number one threat To oUR deMOCraCY!

Now they are going out to prove that to be true.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they don't automatically believe everything they read on a GoFundMe with zero proof?

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like how easy it is for people to arrive at "it's ok to arrest and financially ruin people for things they say or think".

you a JOKE son.  find your balls and then give em a tug
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because they don't automatically believe everything they read on a GoFundMe with zero proof?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you're ignoring the million other times, where it was proven, they did things that should cause them to lose all respect?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah! Fuck that kid for wrong think!
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.  In fact, just the opposite.   I'm expressing doubt - considerable doubt - over the original story.  Which is the only story available at this point.  The only story I can doubt at this time.  I'm batting 100% as far as doubt goes.    

I have not heard the other side yet, so I am reserving doubt, for now.  When I hear the other side of the story, then and only then can I have doubt based upon anything other that pre-judgment or bias.  

For now, I'm just saying, this story - the original story - don't make any sense.  And when combined with begging for bucks, raises considerable doubt in my mind.  Doubt that could easily be overcome with more facts.  Facts which are known to the author of the story but were omitted.  Maybe intentionally, maybe because the people involved have shit for communication skills, or maybe for some other reason.  At this point, I don't know.  Maybe that web site targets the cognitively impaired, and thus intentionally omits critical facts because more details might confuse their target audience.  Again, I don't know.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

23er
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#48]
"I think we ought to hear the FBI's side of the story" = "I think we ought to be patient and see why the KGB says they deserved to be gulag'd"

Anyone, ANYONE, who feels anything other than unbridled suspicion towards the unquestionably evil and malicious entity that is our govt, is smoking insane amounts of copium. I literally can't understand the levels of cuckoldry required to lend them the slightest benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Catholic terrorism?
View Quote

Assuming that means white people who love freedom and traditional American values.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top