Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2019 3:33:55 PM EDT
Actually I LIKE the Fire Department but you cops get too much shit so I figured I'd give you guys the day off. After all, EVERYONE likes the Fire Department. Let them carry the load for a day.

Enjoy your day off.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They can't hear you - they're too busy busting theirs to save yours by running in while you were running out so they can walk where the devil dances. They are more equal than the rest of us, which is why the cops see them as heroes. I think I missed one...something about capes.

These catchphrases just don't seem as badass unless they're on the back if a tshirt or vehicle owned by a guy who never goes anywhere (church,date night, to the store) ,without his FD radio on a custom-made leather strap around his shoulder.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Just trying to be a good communist and spread the misery equally.

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah screw those guys

<----
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Has this thread been secured yet?  If the scene ain't safe yet we need to have the Fire guys stage down the street in GD until its clear.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 3:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
now what

Link Posted: 11/30/2019 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has this thread been secured yet?  If the scene ain't safe yet we need to have the Fire guys stage down the street in GD until its clear.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Fire department guys are just functionally retarded.

The inspectors make up shit they want, never remembering what they actually said. Then when pressed for the ordinance that calls out the specific code being adopted, they either go back to their hole or spitter AHJ...I’m the AHJ!

The rest of the brass think they know things but are constantly wrong. Calling a tamper switch a PIV. Pointing out small panels on the ceiling and telling new recruits that each one was a smoke detector, except they’re all the test buttons for the emergency lighting.

The firefighters themselves only know to put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach. Those that can’t do or teach can have a long career in the fire department.

I kid!  Sorta. Unfortunately, a lot of this is true.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#8]
So some guy sets fire to a building and sits there to admire his handiwork. It's arson, a crime AND a fire rolled into one.

I would just LOVE to watch the pissing match between the CLEO and the Fire Chief over who gets to drive the family car!
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They can't hear you - they're too busy busting theirs to save yours by running in while you were running out so they can walk where the devil dances. They are more equal than the rest of us, which is why the cops see them as heroes. I think I missed one...something about capes.

These catchphrases just don't seem as badass unless they're on the back if a tshirt or vehicle owned by a guy who never goes anywhere (church,date night, to the store) ,without his FD radio on a custom-made leather strap around his shoulder.

View Quote
Looks like we got one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To be fair, this is most volunteer fire departments.

Nothing like driving like a maniac to that automatic alarm so you can make the first truck only to get canceled 100’ out of the bay door.

But your dick got hard because you got to wind up the Q for 10 seconds.

#VollyLyfe
View Quote
Ketchup Dick is the term that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have they had lunch and a safety nap yet?
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have they had lunch and a safety nap yet?
View Quote
Mostly likely.

Finished their work outs and ate recovery ice cream, then a recovery nap.

Sleep till your hungry and then eat till you are sleepy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
The FDNY is the biggest money producing racket in NYC today.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have a term for that sort of guy:

"Gay for firefighting"

Typically only seen on vollys in cow town who's fire experience consists of barn and car fires. Won't catch me wearing shit to identify myself off duty unless it's a ratty old dept shirt I wear when painting or something.

I do have a custom made radio strap though. Plan to hang it on the den wall next to my helmet when I retire in a few years. Both have been with me for 19 years.

I'm a little gay I guess.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
That never happens here unless there's shots fired and even then....

Nobody on my company neglects their duty waiting for you all to stop fluffing their meat rockets in the median and show up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Not real cops in most jurisdictions. Glorified crossing guards in a sense.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

To be fair, this is most volunteer fire departments.

Nothing like driving like a maniac to that automatic alarm so you can make the first truck only to get canceled 100' out of the bay door.

But your dick got hard because you got to wind up the Q for 10 seconds.

#VollyLyfe
View Quote
#HIHFTY

#TYFYS
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I keep inviting the cops in for dinner and recliner time.   But none of them take me up on it.  

The sheriff's office budget is fairly tight.   They run their patrol deputies ragged.   To the point that they are sending fire out for calls that have been historically pd.

Kinda sucks, because we have no authority to actually do anything.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I didn't know so many arfcommers flunked the fire exam.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Bahahahahahahaha this is hilarious
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]
These threads are almost as tasty as liberal tears.
Almost.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I have so many spicy fire/Pd memes but nose can’t be posted here because someone will get hurt feelings and I’ll get banned
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Ha! I got yelled at by a responding fire crew for putting out a small fire in a garage before they got there.

I shook my head and moved my squad so their ladder truck could arrive.

And for reference I am only a CSO for now but soon...
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ha! I got yelled at by a responding fire crew for putting out a small fire in a garage before they got there.

I shook my head and moved my squad so their ladder truck could arrive.

And for reference I am only a CSO for now but soon...
View Quote
Did you move from blocking access to blocking the hydrant?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please do secure the scene for me. Granny seems spry and I only have my halligan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Nothing like getting rescued from your own elevator. Unnamed Parole and Probation LT in their main office.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
You forgot "You can't send us to Hell, because we would only put it out!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait, there's now icons for FD?

I don't want anyone to know I work in Public Safety when I'm off duty. I really don't like people that much and I sure as hell don't want to give them a reason to talk to me.

Now would someone please thank me for my service?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Dude, not cool.

They're not going to see this comment until they're back from their grocery store run in the fire truck that takes up ten parking spots.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The FDNY is the biggest money producing racket in NYC today.  Ask me how I know.
View Quote
Sure, I'll bite.

How is it that you know?
Please provide lots of juicy details  
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sure, I'll bite.

How is it that you know?
View Quote
well for starters, every AC compressor over 5 horsepower in nyc requires a $105 annual permit from the FDNY and is subject to short notice inspection.  Of course you need to supply your own ladder if the unit is rooftop mounted for the inspector or you will get a violation which is several hundred dollars.  Said inspectors have zero knowledge of HVAC systems nor are they trained fireman.  Most are immigrants.
shall i continue?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

well for starters, every AC compressor over 5 horsepower in nyc requires a $105 annual permit from the FDNY and is subject to short notice inspection.  Of course you need to supply your own ladder if the unit is rooftop mounted for the inspector or you will get a violation which is several hundred dollars.  Said inspectors have zero knowledge of HVAC systems nor are they trained fireman.  Most are immigrants.
shall i continue?
View Quote
Please do!

While infuriating, I do like to know the kind of shenanigans the .gov is up to.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I did the fire academy on Treasure island in 1987 with the Navy. God Bless fire fighters - I will be the one LEAVING the burning building! Once was enough in a Main Space fire.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dude, not cool.

They're not going to see this comment until they're back from their grocery store run in the fire truck that takes up ten parking spots.
View Quote
Why are they taking up parking spaces, they have their own fire lane right up front.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#41]
A cop walks up to the car he just pulled over.

"Do you know why I'm standing here"?

"Yes, because you failed the Fire Academy"
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Can you keep your rant down, trying to watch a few movies here.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
shall i continue?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I'll bite.

How is it that you know?
shall i continue?
Your confusing the FDNY with Fire Prevention. That money doesn’t go to the FD it goes to the city.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Your confusing the FDNY with Fire Prevention. That money doesn’t go to the FD it goes to the city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I'll bite.

How is it that you know?
shall i continue?
The inspections are carried out by FDNY inspectors.   Interesting that they don't even provide ladders... they make the building owner provide them with one if they have to go on the roof.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I know the police do ride alongs...  Does the fire department do sleep overs?

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I know the police do ride alongs...  Does the fire department do sleep overs?

View Quote
Yes but you have to wear your underwear backwards so the dick flap is in the rear.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Mostly likely.

Finished their work outs and ate recovery ice cream, then a recovery nap.

Sleep till your hungry and then eat till you are sleepy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Jolly Volly here on a tiny rural department that just had a record setting 18 calls this last year.

You're welcome for my service!

/me goes back to looking at light bars and WeeWoos
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why are they taking up parking spaces, they have their own fire lane right up front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, not cool.

Exactly!!!

Why should we have to run across the parking lot to respond to a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top