Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 8:25:58 AM EDT
I think I have a hernia.  

Last time I lifted before my gym closed (week ago today) I was doing dragon flags and felt a pain in right lower abdomen.  Immediately stopped.  Pain got better but over successive days I noticed itching/burning sensation and there is a small bulge a couple inches above and to the left of right thigh/crotch area.  Not sure I'm describing that very well.  Very subtle can't really see it but I can feel it.

Anyway I'm guessing it must be a hernia.  Considering what's going on right now I don't want to go anywhere near a medical facility until covid19 winds down.

How much should I worry about this?  Do I need to see a dr or can it wait for a couple of months?

Big question:  do I have to completely stop lifting weights?  I have stopped (since last Friday) because my gym closed but I was thinking after a week of rest I would start at least doing some home stuff.

Thanks for any advice / experience etc.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't lift again until you see a real doctor.  Because it sure sounds like a hernia and they can get lots worse.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I would definitely hold off until you get checked. Don't want to make it much worse.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
dammit i was afraid of that.  i am going to go fucking BABNANAS without lifting
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I went through that about 10 years ago.

I was back to light lifting 3-4 months or so after surgery.  Bounced back to 100% by 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Go see a doc. Don’t wait around for it to get worse.

Buy a new video game or take up crocheting.

Do what the doc says. Get cut on if you need it.

Recover. Physical therapy. Start up slowly. Lightly. Slowly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top