Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/27/2021 1:17:46 AM EDT
Got a voice mail while I was working. Some piece of shit has my debit card info and spent my entire paycheck at Target... Mother fucking cunt faced cock gobbling piece of shit! Now I have about $100 bucks to live on for the next 2 weeks.  I am so fucking pissed off right now. I totally understand why people shoot thieves!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I support the Brazen Bull for thieves!

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://glengreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/brazen_bull.jpg
View Quote

The Boats is the best punishment.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn him and off with his hands.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Its easy to spend $200 at Target...
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Target has a bunch of surveillance cameras. Go after perp.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got a voice mail while I was working. Some piece of shit has my debit card info and spent my entire paycheck at Target... Mother fucking cunt faced cock gobbling piece of shit! Now I have about $100 bucks to live on for the next 2 weeks.  I am so fucking pissed off right now. I totally understand why people shoot thieves!
View Quote

Can't contest it? PNC is pretty good about stopping that shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Boats is the best punishment.
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Debit card.

lol

Do you even cash back, bro?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#10]
fuck thieves
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can't contest it? PNC is pretty good about stopping that shit.
View Quote
I called and had my account locked down. Going to see what my bank says tomorrow but I'm just so pissed off right now. With all the jobs out there for anyone to get and people are doing this shit instead! Get a job you fucking low life pieces of shit! Their dads should have shot them into a sock instead of his sister.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#12]
This happened to me twice.  I finally learned to stop using my debit card and use credit cards for everything.  Then just instantly pay off what I put on the card.

That way if they steal the card info, the CC company can get their own money back and keep mine in my bank account.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently the FBI will issue a warrant and spend hundreds of man hours looking for someone who uses a debit card without permission.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Does your bank not have a protection policy for things like this????
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#15]
On line??  If online call the number on transaction(Target phone #) that shows on your account.  Explain what’s going on and have them look up order under YOUR name and info.  It will have had to be placed using your name, card# and address.  They(target) should be able to cancel the transaction and possibly stop the shipment to whatever ship to address the their has set up

ETA: I’ve found you have to be proactive.  My bank has a system set up that anytime a purchase of $1 or more is made I get a txt and a email.  I’ve had 100% success in the path doing what I described above in getting the charges cancelled/reversed and keeping the thief from getting the stolen shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Apparently the FBI will issue a warrant and spend hundreds of man hours looking for someone who uses a debit card without permission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is bank fraud; but with that said I don’t know how hard they pursue it. I bet it is just one or two guys in the office who pissed someone off while the other guys get interesting cases.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully a good lesson in using a credit card instead.

Also need an emergency stash of cash.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

had this happen to me once, thankfully my credit union got my money back.

having said that, get a credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. Banks care ALOT more when its their money and not yours.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
On line??  If online call the number on transaction that shows on your account.  Explain what's going on and have them look up order under YOUR name and info.  It will have had to be placed using your name, card# and address.  They(target) should be able to cancel the transaction and possibly stop the shipment to whatever ship to address the their has set up
View Quote
From what card services told me it was in person and they flagged and blocked another charge at the same store later that same day. But they were spending my money for two days before they got shut down
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#20]
When I had someone steal my card info, twice, a call to the credit union was all it took.

Had my money back in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Get a credit card, pretend it is a debit card (dont spend more than your account balance) stop using your debit for anything other than ATM.

Someone steals your debit card and goes on a spending spree with it = you have a problem

Someone steals your credit card and goes on a spending spree with it = visa/mastercard/whatever has a problem
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This happened to me twice.  I finally learned to stop using my debit card and use credit cards for everything.  Then just instantly pay off what I put on the card.

That way if they steal the card info, the CC company can get their own money back and keep mine in my bank account.
View Quote

I had the same situation happen to me as OP two months ago and I now do as you do. So much relief off my shoulders.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:02:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I called and had my account locked down. Going to see what my bank says tomorrow but I'm just so pissed off right now. With all the jobs out there for anyone to get and people are doing this shit instead! Get a job you fucking low life pieces of shit! Their dads should have shot them into a sock instead of his sister.
View Quote

LOL, yeah. I'm sure they can reverse it depending on how much time passed. PNC was always Johnny-on-the-spot with shit like this with me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a separate account for my paycheck that has no debit card tied to it. I transfer money over to another account that does have a debit card when needed. I use a mobile banking app to do so, takes like 20 seconds to do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I had my cc get swipped once. Didnt known until I had a new card randomly show up. Bank took care of everything before I noticed. Happened when I bought powdered vanilla chai mix from Green Beans online.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Get a credit card, pretend it is a debit card (dont spend more than your account balance) stop using your debit for anything other than ATM.

Someone steals your debit card and goes on a spending spree with it = you have a problem

Someone steals your credit card and goes on a spending spree with it = visa/mastercard/whatever has a problem
View Quote

Not entirely true, my debit card and SSN was stolen by my soon to be x.
Bank was more than helpful, Issued a new card and I'm in the clear....
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

And if it was done online?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a separate account for my paycheck that has no debit card tied to it. I transfer money over to another account that does have a debit card when needed. I use a mobile banking app to do so, takes like 20 seconds to do.
View Quote

Also a really smart idea.

This is one of the other things I do. Pay checks go into one account then money gets moved to other accounts to pay bills and such. But for the most part I use one of my two AMEXs for everything.

if something even seems off to them I get a text to confirm the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Exactly why I refuse to have a debit card.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do this also. Most important part is to pay it right off. I zero my balances weekly (just the frequency that works best for me)
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://glengreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/brazen_bull.jpg
View Quote

And liars.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I have multiple cards and have alerts sent to my phone for any transactions over $50.  Also each morning I check my accounts and reconcile each one daily.  It takes about 10 minutes but it provides great peace of mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Why are you still using a debit card..? How did the perp get your card info?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Stop using a debit card and use credit cards for everything, that will stop it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#39]
That sucks balls.

Don’t use debit cards.  They can duck you over.

I keep a couple of visa’s with mileage plan miles.  Pay everything thing with those cards then pay them off every month.

We can usually fly to Hawaii twice a year with the miles we get.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
From what card services told me it was in person and they flagged and blocked another charge at the same store later that same day. But they were spending my money for two days before they got shut down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On line??  If online call the number on transaction that shows on your account.  Explain what's going on and have them look up order under YOUR name and info.  It will have had to be placed using your name, card# and address.  They(target) should be able to cancel the transaction and possibly stop the shipment to whatever ship to address the their has set up

How did you not know your debit card was gone for two days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#41]
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES MUST WE EXPLAIN WHY USING A DEBIT CARD IS A VERY BAD IDEA?

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS SAFER TO USE A CREDIT CARD, SO THAT IF IT GETS COMPROMISED, THEY TAKE THE CARD ISSUER'S MONEY INSTEAD OF YOUR MONEY?

FUCK!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

I didn’t .
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Luckily, my bank issued MasterCard debit card affords me the same protection as a normal MasterCard. Been hacked twice with the charges reversed after I noticed it. Small town bank.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does your bank not have a protection policy for things like this????
View Quote

This. The only time I use my debit is to pull money out of an ATM. Which is never

Use a credit card and pay it off monthly
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It is bank fraud; but with that said I don’t know how hard they pursue it. I bet it is just one or two guys in the office who pissed someone off while the other guys get interesting cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the sexual assault of minor Olympic athletes and then sit on their hands and do nothing?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES MUST WE EXPLAIN WHY USING A DEBIT CARD IS A VERY BAD IDEA?

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS SAFER TO USE A CREDIT CARD, SO THAT IF IT GETS COMPROMISED, THEY TAKE THE CARD ISSUER'S MONEY INSTEAD OF YOUR MONEY?

FUCK!
View Quote

This ^^^
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Now op has learned.

I use a debit card maybe once a year?

Just don’t fucking do it.

Sorry op, sucks ass, but it’s a horrible idea.

There are tons of crooks and thieves in this world. You can’t make it easy for them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only works if you are a lefty.   The FBI only serves leftys anymore.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Still can’t believe people still put their entire paycheck in a single bank account.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top