Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 3:06:34 PM EDT

and why is it that the second most difficult thing to do is to get the RESULTS of that test?

DO THE FUCKING TEST

GIVE ME THE FUCKING ANSWER

background:  my mom went into ICU early December, tested immediately for covid, negative.

she has recovered but her situation meant no vaccine.  

Great, I asked them to test her for the antibody while in ICU, you know, TO KNOW.  

Perhaps she was one of those asymptomatic people and won't need the vaccine and therefore minimal risk to her in a new place, like a step-down facility.

TO KNOW

The resident was able to order the test "I had to jump through a few hoops and all that but got it ordered."

I didn't bother asking 'A few hoops?'  but I did think to myself WHAT THE FUCK???

Then I thought of the phrase 'medically necessary'.

Well .... I DON'T GIVE ONE SINGLE FUCK ABOUT THAT!.

IF THE FIREHOUSE CAN DO A PRICK TEST AND GIVE YOU AN ANTIBODY ANSWER IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES THEN YOU CAN DO THE FUCKING TEST.

Well, it's been about two weeks since sending out the test and getting an answer to the SIMPLE FUCKING QUESTION still eludes me.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You might get the test, but how reliable is it in the end?  

It’s as reliable as accepting a check for payment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife had to give blood to get the test.  Was positive, she was never sick but I was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Because the overall results would probably show more than 87% of the population has antibodies, but never got sick, which would look very bad for the Scamdemic narrative.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read that it takes about 2 weeks to get the antibody test back.  I don't know how true that is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because the overall results would probably show more than 87% of the population has antibodies, but never got sick, which would look very bad for the Scamdemic narrative.
View Quote

I wondered something similar.  No wuflu, no wubucks.

-
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once Biden takes office the experts will decide that lockdowns don’t work and reopen everything to allow the economy to thrive again.  Shortly after they will also declare masks no longer necessary.  

Mark My words.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The test wasn't indicated. There was absolutely no reason to run that test in an acute care facility, let alone the ICU.

You don't get any test just because you want it.

Jesus fucking Christ people talk about millennials being entitled. "I DONT GIVE A FUCK DO MY TEST!"

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The test wasn't indicated. There was absolutely no reason to run that test in an acute care facility, let alone the ICU.

You don't get any test just because you want it.

Jesus fucking Christ people talk about millennials being entitled. "I DONT GIVE A FUCK DO MY TEST!"

View Quote

From what distance did you miss the point?

Quite a long distance

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Blood Mobile just pulled into the office parking lot here. If I go out and give blood they include the antibody test. Too bad they don't want my blood.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Donating blood is the hack.

Interesting little factoid. The blood bank people somehow get a list of contact info for all the positive covid tests. My housekeeper got the shitty China virus and couldn't understand why the blood bank people started calling her all of a sudden. She had no idea her blood was useful beyond regular donation.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wife had to give blood to get the test.  Was positive, she was never sick but I was.
View Quote

This

I get the results of the COVID antibody test within a week or so after every blood donation.

No hoops involved.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Once Biden takes office the experts will decide that lockdowns don't work and reopen everything to allow the economy to thrive again.  Shortly after they will also declare masks no longer necessary.  

Mark My words.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once Biden takes office the experts will decide that lockdowns don't work and reopen everything to allow the economy to thrive again.  Shortly after they will also declare masks no longer necessary.  

Mark My words.
I doubt it, need to get rid of all those small businesses.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Once Biden takes office the experts will decide that lockdowns don’t work and reopen everything to allow the economy to thrive again.  Shortly after they will also declare masks no longer necessary.  

Mark My words.
View Quote

Been waiting for something similar or this exactly
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
$25 at Dillons right now

Not sure how that's difficult
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#15]
You can get them at Kroger here, make appointment and show up with $25. Get results 15 min later.

ETA: I think it is finger prick.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  The powers in charge don't want to know and sure as shit don't want us to know.

If they actually gave a shit about knowledge there'd be regular testing of the population at large for both covid and the antibodies.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My docs office when I called to ask to get one said its less than 50 % accurate. They where testing people who multiple positive tests and where showing neg a week later on the antibody test, including patients that where in the icu.

They wont recommend any one for the antibody test anymore after the failure rate they saw.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife got one at Kroger and had results in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the test.  Came back negative.  Not sure I buy that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I had the antibody test in the fall.  Went to my local urgent care and asked for a test.  Ins doesn't pay so $50 out of pocket.   15 minutes after the blood was drawn I had results.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here.
It was never about the illness, it was always about control.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

and why is it that the second most difficult thing to do is to get the RESULTS of that test?

DO THE FUCKING TEST

background:  my mom went into ICU early December, tested immediately for covid, negative.

Great, I asked them to test her for the antibody while in ICU, you know, TO KNOW.  

Perhaps she was one of those asymptomatic people and won't need the vaccine and therefore minimal risk to her in a new place, like a step-down facility.

TO KNOW

The resident was able to order the test "I had to jump through a few hoops and all that but got it ordered."

I didn't bother asking 'A few hoops?'  but I did think to myself WHAT THE FUCK???

IF THE FIREHOUSE CAN DO A PRICK TEST AND GIVE YOU AN ANTIBODY ANSWER IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES THEN YOU CAN DO THE FUCKING TEST.

Well, it's been about two weeks since sending out the test and getting an answer to the SIMPLE FUCKING QUESTION still eludes me.

View Quote

Its extremely easy and takes a week to get the results. I have covid antibodies/covalesent plasma. Right now theyre offering me 100$ plus for my plasma.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mark My words.
View Quote
No, people thrive on fear these days. We're creating a generation of people that are conditioned to be unhappy. The parents foist this on children when they are young, it's all they know.

We had women wearing pussy hats marching for rights they already had. Reality means nothing anymore.

People are rioting with full bellies. Usually a "revolution" requires some discomfort.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Labcorp.com

Signed up yesterday

Made appointment yesterday (at Walgreens around the corner)

Got results today

Cost $10

No Wu Flu antibodies for me.  Wife, BIL, SIL (x2), MIL all tested positive back in December, I tested negative with the nose-swab.  Figured I had it at some point, but apparently not...

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Labcorp.com

Signed up yesterday

Got results today

Cost $10

No Wu Flu antibodies for me.  Wife, BIL, SIL (x2), MIL all tested positive back in December, I tested negative with the nose-swab.  Figured I had it at some point, but apparently not...

View Quote
This. I've had several LabCorp antibody tests done and got the results usually within 1 business day. That said depending on how long it has been since the suspected covid infection you might not trip a positive.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
You can also donate blood and they will let you know if you have Covid antibodies
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I popped positive for Wu-Flu back in mid October. Never felt sick. My wife had a slight fever and my kids (teens) were all fine, all were positive too.

I got my annual physical and my physician ordered blood labs and added the antibody shanghai shivers test. Popped positive for BeerFlu antibodies in mid December. It wasn't an issue ordering the antibody test. Not sure why OP is having to struggle snuggle the system to get it done...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I got the test a month ago with no problems getting it approved.  I was at an appointment with my primary doctor and we started talking about the vaccine.  He won't get the shot as he has had the China flu.  I told him if I knew I had the antibodies I wouldn't get the vaccine either and reminded him he once said I probably already had the covid19.  He said "do you want the antibody test" and I said yes.  Went straight to the lab and got the results the next day.  I tested negative for antibodies.  No charge for the test.

There were so many qualifications in fine print about how the test was not always accurate that it seemed like the test was pretty much worthless.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Donate Blood
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Why bother.  As soon as you leave the testing site, it is no longer valid. You might have been clean walking in and contaminated walking out.  Throw in the false negative/positives an the test is basically worthless.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Labcorp.com

Signed up yesterday

Got results today

Cost $10

View Quote

Yep, super easy and fast. I made registered the made an appointment the same day. Had results within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#32]
A positive test is about as reliable as flipping a coin. No one in health care takes them seriously in making any clinical decisions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

DO THE FUCKING TEST

TO KNOW

View Quote

They've already set the stage for proclaiming "get the vaccine (and its frequency-to-be-determined boosters) or you aren't protected AT ALL!"  If the truth is you get it once and you're done, I doubt we'll ever hear it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I went around around with my doctor a couple months ago over covid-19 antibody test also. He couldn't even find the orders in his computer to write one up. A Cleveland Clinic Doctor.

This is speculation on my part. If you just connect the dots, I believe you will see they really don't want you to know if you've had covid-19 and not have the antibodies. This will allow you to get back to a state of normalcy. They want everyone guessing and taking precautions.

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#35]

It took 3 months to get my results. Covid on one test, negative on the other. It's a complete shit show.
The "Non essential" staff and supporting personnel were sent home, and operations closed down except for E-med and Covid triage for 4 months.
Only the big city's were still processing lab stuff, and with limited staffing. If you wanted to give blood for anti-bodys you couldn't, and it fucked over the small town hospitals and rural areas.

Whoever planned the methodology, needs to be hunted down and beaten to a fine red mist, snot and hair.
Hint....it ain't a Doc or medical professional, and they work in Lansing on the tax payers dime.

Things are STILL all fucked up due to that stupid Marxist Bitch.
I don't see fuckstain Bidet improving things either.
The Marxists need the Covid to maintain control and fear.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Covid is over.

Quit pushing the yearly communist propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Different priorities and different protocols in the ICU vs outpatient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top