Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They moved into a nice prison. Enjoy your HOA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Corruption in local government is why people build Kildozers, a group is essentially using its power and influence to make a family bend to their will after they have been told it was ok.

Yeah, if the family went scorched earth on the city planner/HOA douche not a single fuck would be given.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]
"Cerio sent a letter to the association saying its demand that the Encks remove the chickens was unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious."

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]
New York values
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They never agreed to a ban on birds!
View Quote
Get a copy of the covenants.

"However, Corey said there is a restrictive covenant attached to the property in the development that he said prohibits chickens. That covenant may be the crux of the case, he said.

Cerio said the covenant says no poultry or birds or anything other than household pets are allowed. The covenant also says you can't make wine or beer on your property."
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not a contract lawyer I see
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New York values
View Quote
Hoa disputes never happen in the great state of Georgia

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2017/dec/04/neighbors-odds-residents-one-local-neighborho/458418/
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Aahhh, the timeless and right on cue, uneducated and generalist comments of GD.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
So you are changing your screen name to Homeless?

I'd cry fowl
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hoa disputes never happen in the great state of Georgia

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2017/dec/04/neighbors-odds-residents-one-local-neighborho/458418/
View Quote
I'm surprised that wasn't concluded with gunfire.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Bizzybodies gonna bizzy.

FABB
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Reminds me why I don't live in an HOA neighborhood.

Grew up in one that was a case study in HOA nazism. Vowed to never live in one as an adult.
3 for 3 so far, have not experienced any downside to non HOA life.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reminds me why I don't live in an HOA neighborhood.

Grew up in one that was a case study in HOA nazism. Vowed to never live in one as an adult.
3 for 3 so far, have not experienced any downside to non HOA life.
View Quote
exactly. sometimes you feel like hell, or your too busy, or out of town and cant get the yard mowed on time and it runs a week late sometimes. having some dumbass knock on my door to inform me he measured my grass and its 1/2" too long, and mow it or else they will fine me, would piss me the hell off. fuck that. if I wanted to live under rules like that I would have stayed in the military, where they tell you literally everything your allowed to do, or not to do, on and off work and at home. fuck that. the mere thought of it makes me cringe. I will NEVER understand people who WANT to live close to other people, 500k and up houses with neighbors 20' on each side of you, and especially those who WANT their neighbors to have the power to run their lives, and dictate what they can do.  as if the real government does not make life hard enough, you want to add MORE ??
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
word

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a gentrifier in a mainly working class Hispanic neighborhood. I'm probably the one guy on the block that doesn't have any chickens.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You mean like reading that the hoa agreement didn't prohibit chickens when they bought the house?

edit the town supervisor/neighbor claims there is a restrictive covenant, I'd be curious to see what it says.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a contract lawyer I see
You mean like reading that the hoa agreement didn't prohibit chickens when they bought the house?

edit the town supervisor/neighbor claims there is a restrictive covenant, I'd be curious to see what it says.
from the 50's bet it has not black, jews, or italians listed 2 lines above the chickens.   To bad it's so cold there, if I lost that to the town I would make it my life's work to populate the area with thousands of feral chickens, like key west.  The long crowing kind that are hard to catch and fly.

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#19]
HOAs are always terrible.

I am currently building a house in a gated community with a tyrannical HOA. The rentacops chase after my workers and give them speeding tickets for 2mph over the limit, another time one came on the job site and demanded that we repaint a white exterior door (I told him to get fucked), it just goes on and on and on...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife is trying to get us to move to a hoa. I am still firmly against this bullshit
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I just remembered that HOA allows chickens though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#23]
So if there are CCRs and they say no chickens, that means no chickens. Read the fine print before you buy. End of the conversation.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
you're too close to the issue to be unbiased.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am currently building a house in a gated community with a tyrannical HOA. The rentacops chase after my workers and give them speeding tickets for 2mph over the limit, another time one came on the job site and demanded that we repaint a white exterior door (I told him to get fucked), it just goes on and on and on...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've lived in CA HOA neighborhoods all my life, and now here in Texas.

Have never - not once - had a problem with them that was worth a second thought.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Demand a settlement where the HOA buys the rights for chickens for $100,000.

No money paid? Chickens stay for perpetuity.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#29]
A fowl development! I’d be crowing about it at the next meeting and start sorting out the pecking order!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Move the chickens into the spare bedroom.  Practice saying: Chickens?  We ain't got no chickens!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top