Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:

The 80's were a great decade.  We could do far worse.
View Quote
Especially if Trump becomes the second coming of Ronald Reagan.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This sign is ripe for memes

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Is that pro-Trump or against?  I'm getting too old to understand all of this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
That guy is actually a neo-nazi bonehead.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
That guy is actually a neo-nazi bonehead.

It's pretty obvious, too.

He probably deserved the ass-kicking, and he most likely isn't paying for the medical care.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
I know I'm going to Hell for this one...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/50575/1iyadc-139857.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sirensong] [#12]

He has a better chance at being that than Jeb.

As for the eighties, take rock music as an example.  Some people may not like the glam/hair-metal genre, but you have to admit that whatever else it might have been, at least it was honest.  It started with the NWOBHM in the late seventies, and it was all about big hair, monster guitars, partying, getting drunk, getting laid, and being loud about all of it.  

Then the nineties came along, and sheesh... what a downer.  Everybody had a cause... everybody was whiny... everybody was all guilt-ridden and weird.  

Give me the 80's any day.
View Quote

fuck yes!  i converted my then-girlfriend on this idea.  she was ~17 years younger than me, and poked fun at me one day for my '80s rock.  so we took an audio tour of the music of optimism and loving life, capped with going to see a few of the party music cover bands i know in the area.

yeah, now she's the one posting crue and skid row and styx on facebook, and dishing out savage burns when the emos come at her for it.

Mötley Crüe - Girls Girls Girls (Official Music Video)

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sirensong:

fuck yes!  i converted my then-girlfriend on this idea.  she was ~17 years younger than me, and poked fun at me one day for my '80s rock.  so we took an audio tour of the music of optimism and loving life, capped with going to see a few of the party music cover bands i know in the area.

yeah, now she's the one posting crue and skid row and styx on facebook, and dishing out savage burns when the emos come at her for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sirensong:

As for the eighties, take rock music as an example.  Some people may not like the glam/hair-metal genre, but you have to admit that whatever else it might have been, at least it was honest.  It started with the NWOBHM in the late seventies, and it was all about big hair, monster guitars, partying, getting drunk, getting laid, and being loud about all of it.  

Then the nineties came along, and sheesh... what a downer.  Everybody had a cause... everybody was whiny... everybody was all guilt-ridden and weird.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI

Only on ArfCom could a political discussion segue seamlessly into a 80's hair band lovefest...
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
The music of the '80s reflected the confidence and optimism of America and the West during the decade.  Lighthearted, fun music for dancing and meeting chicks and staying out late on summer nights.

It's no coincidence that MTV came on the air in August 1981.  For the first time people could see as well as hear the music, and the memories and messages of the songs became stronger; it significantly contributed to the national mood of the decade.  And MTV was not into silly SJW BS back then; they just played videos that you could sync to your stereo for the party, and nothing else.

It's also no coincidence MTV went to crap at the end of the 1980s.  If you compare '80s videos with '90s videos the differences in attitude and lyrics is jarring.  I blame Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, BTW. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#15]
the 80's were as good as rock&roll and rhythm&blues got. end of the road.

once instruments were replaced by computers, music was changed significantly. 

no more bands,  no more stage shows,  no more life in the music.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By redoubt:
I'm starting to believe in "meme magic." I've been looking for a 2075 RAMI for two years. Today I found one. When I got it home I discovered the serial number ended in triple sevens.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG-20170204-114328195-140291.JPG
View Quote

I used to have one. I really regret selling it. You're not MAGAing by bringing up bad memories for me.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:

Pretty sure those are canadians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TARFUN:
I saw a meme the other day where some SJW posted that "if enough snowflakes get together they can form an avalanche."  Well miss speshul snowflake, allow me to retort.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/Avalanche-control-1-137337.png

It's America's hat.  Close enough.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Those don't look like American uniforms. 

Also, when they set off that avalanche in Colorado last week, they did it with a bomb dropped from a helicopter. I think that barrel bombing liberals is a great idea!
View Quote

Worked in Philadelphia
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ShooterPatriot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShooterPatriot:
Originally Posted By TARFUN:
I saw a meme the other day where some SJW posted that "if enough snowflakes get together they can form an avalanche."  Well miss speshul snowflake, allow me to retort.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/Avalanche-control-1-137337.png

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#21]

If you look at it just right, you'll realize it's actually a tri-corner hat, turned slightly to the left.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By spartandieseltech:

If you look at it just right, you'll realize it's actually a tri-corner hat, turned slightly to the left.
View Quote

Just like great-grandpappy wore when he was shooting redcoats in the face!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
They did.... but Chile js remembered for Helicopters and Argentina for flights over the Atlantic with C-130s
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mean_sartin:
I used to fly Cessna 182s. I'm all for the Argentinian solution of using fixed wing aircraft. Much cheaper.

I thought Chile did the C-130 thing as well.
They did.... but Chile js remembered for Helicopters and Argentina for flights over the Atlantic with C-130s
There should be algebra story problems with variables like temperature, fuel consumption rate, and number of commies on board and you have to solve for how many miles offshore you can drop them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:39:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Start paying at least 2% of your GNP into national defense and we'll talk. 
View Quote
As a descendant of the Netherlands, I get the joke.  All in good fun, even as my country of origin moves further left every year..
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By redoubt:
I'm starting to believe in "meme magic." I've been looking for a 2075 RAMI for two years. Today I found one. When I got it home I discovered the serial number ended in triple sevens.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG-20170204-114328195-140291.JPG
View Quote

Czech em!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:58:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rooster-Cogburn] [#26]

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Generally a minimum wage increase has costs borne by the workers.
I had a crew of ten, I had to lay off three of them and now the other seven have to do the same work ten did before.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tirod:

As bad as it looks - its not to the level of lethal force. Close, and they will likely push it, but no lethal

Since it's not lethal force, then, use of Less Than Lethal force is the appropriate response, and that means not feeding their narrative and handing them the victory they are trying to trigger YOU and me to give them.

What less than lethal force methods do you know of? We rant and rave about "something must be done?" but I'm hearing the same level of shrieking the autistic Left is performing. Ok, it's a lot more literate and reasoned - but it's entirely emotional baiting on their part, and we have to keep from handing them their planned response.

VERY FEW of us are living within a 50 mile radius of this - it's entirely based near liberal college metros where the larger number of activists who can be recruited support this. For the most part it's just comedy theater for the rest of us. To a few, tho, it's their front yard.

If a group of black clad protesters carrying pugil sticks disguised as flag poles were to target you, get real, YOU WON'T BE PREPARED. Conservatives rarely are and usually get their butt beat down two or three times before waking up and trying to actually DO something in advance.

Again, what less than lethal tools do you actually carry to defend yourself in a group assault. Get real - NONE. About all any of us carry is a cell phone. At least you can film them beating you before it's batted away into the gutter. Hope nobody steals it while you are down in a fetal position.

Most of us aren't even ready to deal with this - it takes a lot more to trigger us. We put up with Obama for 8 years, why go full retard on demonstrators? WE NEVER HAVE BEFORE. Empty threats and made more empty by begging the cops to do your dirty work.

They have their ducks in a row, are equipped to handle themselves, carry less than lethal weapons to protect and disperse aggressive "protestors," but all we read about here is "OMG these people need to be shot!" Not even.

Most don't even carry a sap, kubotan, or Asp baton, don't know how to use it, and won't even try. Very few carry police grade pepper spray, or have trained with it. And you train by getting hit from ten feet away with it and then experience how it messes you up. No, it doesn't really stop the determined. It can hamper the experienced. It's not magic. If there is one thing the cops work on the hardest, it's to get upwind of it when deployed to keep clean. Those riot suits are to keep it off them.

So, going to visit the nearest local riot and get even? You got a vest on? Carrying your less than lethal weapon of choice? Got something to pull up over YOUR face, cause you are just another rioter to the cops. Takes a lot of preplanning, acquisition, and familiarity with what you are doing.

Seen the impact caps that fit under a baseball hat? No? surf it and be advised getting YOUR scalp split open by a demonstrator or cop is no fun. Had any hand to hand or martial arts? Wearing an athletic cup? Haven't even given it any thought, hmm?

Raging against the protesters is nothing more than autistic right wing screeching. Go far enough to the extremes and you get the same thing. It's the thinkers in the middle who are accomplishing stuff, not the outraged trigglypuffs in ugly glasses or weirdos in loinclothes playing flutes.

You need an action squad to break things up, don't be looking in the basement. We're out there at work, go home in the evening, and we can leave it to the paid pros to handle on shift. If/when things go too far, don't worry. Koreans on the roof will look like Brownie Scouts heating up Smores on a camp out.

Keep frosty. Don't go full retard.If 
View Quote
2/10

If there is force disparity (2 or more against 1, with fear of great bodily harm,) many states allow lethal force. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mancat:
I used to think that the Pinochet "helicopters approaching in distance" jokes on T_D were funny, until lately I have realized that there are a ton of people in T_D that actually idolize fascist regimes. Now I have come to realize that there are some REALLY fucking weird people attached to T_D

Just look at some of the comments in this video posted on T_D, where Jake Shields threatened the Berkeley protesters for beating up a Milo supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0VtKoL6KcI

Someone points out that the protesters are acting like fascists.. Only to receive a lot of angry responses that basically boil down to "NO they are acting like COMMUNISTS, fascists were actually THE GOOD GUYS"

I cannot seem to reconcile their inability to recognize that BOTH communists and fascists do bad shit and have killed a metric fuck ton of people in the 20th century.

I'm starting to wonder if these are trolls just trying to get T_D labeled as a Fascist/Nazi subforum.
View Quote

On a libertarian scale, fascists and communists are close together, with fascists being a fair bit better.
Both a large government, command economy positions.  There is very little to separate them.  Very little, except a fascist doesn't kill you and nationalize your factory; he just tells you what to make.  They both have a coterie of corrupt oligarchs getting rich off of the sweat of the people. Fascisti allow for a middle class and a fairly free peasantry, so there is that.

Hitler and Stalin hated each other because they were competitors, not opposites.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:46:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jestice75:

Sky News was trying to explain how Trump loves chaos and Bannon loves chaos so they are creating chaos. It made no fucking sense, I told my wife that must be the new talking point from the leftists, and sure enough, here it shows up. They cause chaos in the streets and try to claim Trump is creating chaos because he loves it. It's amazing to see that one think tank is pushing the talking points to all media, even internationally.
View Quote

Capitalists despise chaos.
The rule of law is the only thing that secures property rights.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
The music of the '80s reflected the confidence and optimism of America and the West during the decade.  Lighthearted, fun music for dancing and meeting chicks and staying out late on summer nights.

It's no coincidence that MTV came on the air in August 1981.  For the first time people could see as well as hear the music, and the memories and messages of the songs became stronger; it significantly contributed to the national mood of the decade.  And MTV was not into silly SJW BS back then; they just played videos that you could sync to your stereo for the party, and nothing else.

It's also no coincidence MTV went to crap at the end of the 1980s.  If you compare '80s videos with '90s videos the differences in attitude and lyrics is jarring.  I blame Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, BTW. 
View Quote

i graduated HS in 1980. I used to stay up to watch "Friday Night Videos" before MTV was a thing.
MTV changed everything, before it got stupid.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

On a libertarian scale, fascists and communists are close together, with fascists being a fair bit better.
Both a large government, command economy positions.  There is very little to separate them.  Very little, except a fascist doesn't kill you and nationalize your factory; he just tells you what to make.  They both have a coterie of corrupt oligarchs getting rich off of the sweat of the people. Fascisti allow for a middle class and a fairly free peasantry, so there is that.

Hitler and Stalin hated each other because they were competitors, not opposites.
View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jestice75:
Wow, Starbucks is down 8.4% since their bull shit. That's a fucking massive loss for 4 days, shareholders should sue the CEO, violation of fiduciary duty.
View Quote

Yes they should. Does your retirement plan own Starbucks? Do you own it directly or indirectly? Sue.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#34]
They keep calling me Fascist and I might as well truly act like one. I had distant family serve under Francisco Franco and they had no problems putting Marxists down. 
View Quote
Whenever I think I'm smart. I read this guy's posts. Other man in black, Hat's off .....
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:49:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:24:16 AM EDT
[#36]

I am truly disgusted with the lack of response to these bastards. 
View Quote

The cities they are rioting in are not random and spontaneous, they are carefully choosing places they can get away with it. Their may even be collusion with local politicians and police officials.

They thought DC with its Lib base would be a safe one and received a very rude shock with the charges and penalties they faced, it was obvious in their social media post.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I live less than six miles fom FSU, Seven from FAMU, four from the Governor's Mansion, and four from TCC. 

Last I checked, Aggravated Battery is a Felony in the State of Florida and the use of Lethal Force to protect one's self or another from it is allowable under the law. Beating people via a mob to the point of unconscious is heinous and if done to a member of law enforcement is easily justifiable for the use of deadly force to defend one's self. More so when you're John Q. Citizen. 

I have to drive by the Campus of FSU and the State Capitol everytime I go anywhere in town. I can't fucking avoid it. Guess where the shit magnets are? The college campuses and the State Capitol.
Also, torching buildings is justified lethal force too because those buildings could be occupied. 
View Quote

How violent have the Florida demonstrations been? I bet they have been much better behaved with the prevalence of permit holders in the general population.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By feudist:
SAT CONG!
View Quote

havent seen that in while..........

Sin Loi VC!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By billyhill:

How violent have the Florida demonstrations been? I bet they have been much better behaved with the prevalence of permit holders in the general population.
View All Quotes
I live less than six miles fom FSU, Seven from FAMU, four from the Governor's Mansion, and four from TCC. 

Last I checked, Aggravated Battery is a Felony in the State of Florida and the use of Lethal Force to protect one's self or another from it is allowable under the law. Beating people via a mob to the point of unconscious is heinous and if done to a member of law enforcement is easily justifiable for the use of deadly force to defend one's self. More so when you're John Q. Citizen. 

I have to drive by the Campus of FSU and the State Capitol everytime I go anywhere in town. I can't fucking avoid it. Guess where the shit magnets are? The college campuses and the State Capitol.
Also, torching buildings is justified lethal force too because those buildings could be occupied. 

Are you suggesting that Saltine Americans may not be as willing to put up with this shit?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Are you suggesting that Saltine Americans may not be as willing to put up with this shit?
View Quote

I am suggesting it might be a bad idea to behave in a riotous and threatening manner around people able to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#41]

I am suggesting it might be a bad idea to behave in a riotous and threatening manner around people able to defend themselves.
View All Quotes

As my Japanese friends say."Arru same same."
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcgredo:

Some people on Youtube are trying to make "Trumpwave" a thing. It's basically retro-synth 80's music.

Fuck yeah, 80's.

Synthwave is already a thing.  The 80s asthetic is already a thing.  An 80s icon being elected president is already a thing.  

Also keep this thread Memay.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By waterglass:
View Quote
O.  Mi.  God.  That is awesome.  Right click, save as.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By John_McClane:
O.  Mi.  God.  That is awesome.  Right click, save as.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#46]
History has judged those three as bad guys yet in Spain, Portugal, and Chile. They're respected because they created a system in which you had strong protection of Private Property, Business, and the Family. They did what was needed to Marxists. They killed them. 

To me, Leftists are as much a danger as Islam is. 
View Quote
When leftists gain control, islam will be there shortly after.  The leftist world will have a very short life-span once they let islamists invade and explode.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JBski:

More rides per flight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JBski:
I used to fly Cessna 182s. I'm all for the Argentinian solution of using fixed wing aircraft. Much cheaper.

More rides per flight.
A helo is a bit better.  Can drop in at any mall parking lot and pick someone up.  Everybody sees it up close, lower altitude overflights too.

One flight nearby and everybody wonders and talks for a few weeks about who it was.

Yugely effective.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#48]
The rule of law is the only thing that secures property rights.
View Quote
That, and resolute men with guns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1335
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top