Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2022 9:01:00 PM EDT
People who generally disapprove of Joe Biden, typically tout that inflation is closer to 20% than the regime's obviously bullshit number of 8.5%

I think both are waaaaaaay off from personal experience.

I can't think of a *SINGLE THING* That I depend on a daily basis,... that hasn't gone up way more than 20%.

Chicken breast has gone from $1.99/lb to $2.99/lb. (50%)
50lb bag of rice went up from $25/lb to $33/lb (32%)
Fuel went from $2.20 gal to $4.20/gal (pretty much up 100%!)
Electricity costs also went up as well.
Price of eggs have doubled.
Milk went up $1 from $2.57
The bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee beans went from $5.99 to $10.

1lb bags of pool shock doubled from $3 to $6... or even $9 in some places (100% to 200%!!!)

Meanwhile, I got a wonderful raise of half a dollar per hour (basically a 2.4% Raise)! Though, to be fair... when I switched to this job a little over a year ago... I got a 30% raise by switching over to this job.
Honestly it feels like even though I got a 30% raise, I feel like it has been *ENTIRELY* swallowed up and then some by inflation.

The 20% figure I hear Conservatives spew... sounds equally as much bullshit as the laughable 8.5% rate Regime Apologists are shoveling down people's throat.

Im sincerely afraid for my family and my family's future. I was so happy when I got that 30% raise, and for it to be entirely swallowed up by Inflation.

So happy we're running that money printer in order to make sure we send a bunch of money to Ukraine, with *ZERO* accountability to make sure it doesn't just end up in some corrupt politician's bank account as they flee the country like our child-raping "Allies" in Afghanistan.

So fucking happy we passed an "Anti-Inflation" bill that is far more likely to EXACERBATE inflation than to reduce it. How fucked is it that even BERNIE FUCKING SANDERS, even agrees that it won't do shit!? (Though, To be honest... Bernie probably thinks the real issue with the bill is it doesn't waste *ENOUGH* money.

FFS, the "Anti-Inflation" Bill doesn't even provide anyone with any "Goodies". Far as I can tell, its just a bunch of fucking pork to give to Biden's benefactors!
No stimulus checks. No help with medical bills. No help with rising energy prices etc. Not saying there * SHOULD * be a bill with those things.... Im saying there should be no bill.
But its like, imagine if your wife comes home embarassingly admits to you ... that she racked up $10,000 in credit card debt. You immediately get pissed. You then ask her what she spent it on... desperately hoping that at the very least, she bought something "Cool" that you can make use of. If you're going to suffer the financial burden, might as well *GET SOMETHING * out of it. But no... she spent it on a fucking shipping container full of Brussel sprouts! THATS THE ANTI-INFLATION BILL!

I can't imagine how Joe Biden, at present, stands a *CHANCE* in 2024 if he keeps this shit up.
He's fucking up the economy, and not even really giving anyone any "gimmies" like past Democrats. Even the FSA are going to abandon him.
He's done *NOTHING* for *ANYONE* except for his cronies, and his son's business partners.

The FSA is going to make a simplistic calculation that not only did Joe Biden not give them any "gimmies", but he's fucking up the economy so even if they work... they're struggling more than they've ever struggled in their entire life.
I can't imagine how *ANYONE* is going to show up at the polls to rally behind this fucking walking corrupt evil corpse.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's go Brandon.

Subway $5 footlongs...Now 9 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
$39 sheets of plywood are going for $75
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a new job with over a 25% raise and it still seems like I'm worse off than 2-3 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
chicken tits are 5.99 a pound here...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It is BS! Many things have gone up 100%+.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The few things that have gone up less than 20%, are *FAR* outweighed by the many many things that have gone waaaaaaaay far past 20%.
I can't understand how the fuck you can get an average of 20% inflation from all the things that increased.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a new job with over a 25% raise and it still seems like I'm worse off than 2-3 years ago.
View Quote
Same here.
Went from $15/hr to $21/hr.

Feels harder to make ends meet than even a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Gas is up 100%
Milk 100%
Eggs 200%

We are seeing a reprieve locally in fuel but I fear this is temporary. Theyre stretching us like a rubber band to condition and accept $4+ gas cause at least its not $5/gal
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Great Value Oyster Crackers is my bellweather inflation gauge.  They started in March at .83 increased to .90, then $1.00, and are now $1.07.  That is a 28.9% inflation rate.  

If that isn't enough eggs were $1.29 in March and as of today are $3.17.  That seems to be 146% increase.  So, no I don't believe the 10.9% July food index rate.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Most items are my local 99¢ Store has gone up at least 25¢, and in some cases $1. And they have cut the portion size.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
chicken tits are 5.99 a pound here...
View Quote

That's chicken boobs..... these days.....

Everything has gone up AT LEAST 40% if not 50%.

Chicken boobs 5.99/lb, used to be 3.99/lb (that's trimmed ones)

Ribeye used to be 9.99 now 16.99/lb and the cut isn't as nice

Top Sirloin was 5.99 now 8.99/lb

Pop Tarts large box 4.99 now 8.99

Butter was .99 now 4.99

Eggs were .49 now 2.99

Wild Peak at3w were $180 for 305/55R20 now almost $300

Quality full synthetic bulk oil was 2.50/qt now 4.25/qt

Wiper blades were 7.99 now 10.99

R134 was 89.99 for 30lbs, now over 300 for 30lbs.

There is nothing I can think of in my daily life that hasn't increased at least 40%.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Walmart French bread has been $1 forever, today it is $1.47.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gas is up 100%
Milk 100%
Eggs 200%

We are seeing a reprieve locally in fuel but I fear this is temporary. Theyre stretching us like a rubber band to condition and accept $4+ gas cause at least its not $5/gal
View Quote

Milk tastes twice as good today and eggs three times as good today as they did previously.

So according to the government's "Hedonic Index", there's no inflation.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
81 million cocksuckers did this.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Grocery bill has easily doubled for me, and I am single so I cant imagine the pain of a married couple with multiple kids.

Eggs have quadrupled

Milk has doubled

Gas is almost doubled

Primers have quadrupled

Lumber/plywood/2x4s and other building materials have tripled in many cases more

"20%" inflation can eat my ass, across the board average its at least 100%. Some stuff hasnt gone up much (yet), and a lot has doubled, and then some.

We got a 8% raise and a 4% cost of living adjustment and it feels like I took a big paycut
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#19]
This is just transitory.  2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Inflation is definitely higher than the broadcast official and most of the unofficial numbers.

I got a 10% raise and it's just as if I didn't at this point.

As the kids say, finna be a hard one, yo.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Milk tastes twice as good today and eggs three times as good today as they did previously.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gas is up 100%
Milk 100%
Eggs 200%

I hope they increase our chocolate ration to 20 grams this week, 30 grams was not enough.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I track our grocery spending closely, and it is extremely consistent in what we buy and how much. Actual price increase that we've seen over the past year and a half in aggregate is nearly 50%.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]
"SHADOWSTATS.com"

Hint: the official numbers are statistical/ mathematical nonsense.

TLDR: methodology has been "massaged" to remove/ include specific goods in the basket calculation to meet desired number.

Try that with your corporate accounting/ disclosures and forward guidance. Bad things will happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I just had to re do a roof on one of my places. Last roof I re did was 4-5 years ago. Prices have changed as follows.

Roofing went from $47 per 100sq ft to $257 per 100 sq ft. Plywood went from $12 a sheet to $75 per sheet.

Not sure when in the last say 4 years that happened but lol that doesn't look like 8% to me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I track our grocery spending closely, and it is extremely consistent in what we buy and how much. Actual price increase that we've seen over the past year and a half in aggregate is nearly 50%.
View Quote

This is what I have noticed as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The few things that have gone up less than 20%, are *FAR* outweighed by the many many things that have gone waaaaaaaay far past 20%.
I can't understand how the fuck you can get an average of 20% inflation from all the things that increased.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figures lie and liars figure. You can make numbers say anything you want.

Eg: $1 to $2 = 100% increase. $2 to $1 = 50% decrease. The difference is $1 both ways.

ETA - inflation/cost of living/etc is a government created issue to help obfuscate the fact that they are phuking us more and more as time goes on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Food and energy are not part of their inflation figures.  So as long as you don't use energy or eat the inflation rate is 8.5%.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can't imagine how Joe Biden, at present, stands a *CHANCE* in 2024 if he keeps this shit up.
He's fucking up the economy, and not even really giving anyone any "gimmies" like past Democrats. Even the FSA are going to abandon him.
He's done *NOTHING* for *ANYONE* except for his cronies, and his son's business partners.

The FSA is going to make a simplistic calculation that not only did Joe Biden not give them any "gimmies", but he's fucking up the economy so even if they work... they're struggling more than they've ever struggled in their entire life.
I can't imagine how *ANYONE* is going to show up at the polls to rally behind this fucking walking corrupt evil corpse.
View Quote

This is the same logic I had a couple years ago.  But..
"they" won anyway.  We're suffering the consequences now.  I guess that's different.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Food and energy are not part of their inflation figures.  So as long as you don't use energy or eat the inflation rate is 8.5%.
View Quote

None of their numbers and statistics mean shit to me.

My eyes tell me 30-40% average across the board for everything I spend money on.

Fuel coming down is helping some. But I keep my driving to a minimum.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Wife and I share one of those big containers of M&Ms from Sam's Club as a snack. In January is was $8.98, they were 12.98 there for awhile, now this month they were $16. Won't be buying those anymore.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]
FUCK joe biden
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Grocery bill used to be 200/wk. About 280 now and the 200 included NY steak the 280 does not include steak because we are streaching our money.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#33]
A tasty meal of water and beans/rice will soon cost what a steak dinner and wine did a couple of years ago.  Thanks Joe.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
81 million cocksuckers did this.
View Quote

Probably more like 70 million but yea
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Arizona Iced Tea is still $.99 though
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#36]
If you want to get more pissed, look at the weights on the container- packages have started shaving ounces off the contents.  They've also changed the packaging.  I look at the cereals at Publix as kind of a way to watch prices since they're on the same aisle as the coffee (I don't eat cereals but I buy coffee, which has gone up several dollars on average and the box of individual packs of instant Cafe Bustelo have increased from 1.00 to1.25).  I noticed that the Life cereal box says "Large size" on it now in big letters- but it's the same size box as the regular used to be and there is no longer a large family sized box.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a 20 percent raise last year and I'm saving less than I was the year before I got it and my household runs on a strict budget. None of our spending habits have changed. We live well bellow our means so our spending closely resembles lower middle class spending.  

Inflation for normal working people is above 20 percent no doubt. For us probably gonna be about 30 percent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"they" won anyway.  We're suffering the consequences now.  I guess that's different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most secure election ever. One might even say... Fortified.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:19:12 AM EDT
[#39]
It wasn't Brussel sprouts...

It was boob jobs and face lifts for Pelosi and Feinstein...
It was a penile implant for Menendez...
It was $400 BILLION for the children of families of globalist authoritarians like Soros, Gates, Kerry, Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and Klaus and the WEF squad.

So, more money for the corrupt and filthy rich.  Who will waste it on nothing "cool".
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They changed the whole basket of items they used to use to gauge inflation, so as to feed the public a pile of shit, and call it roses.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a pizza from my local place.
1 large pie, $26.00.

That hurt, man. Like, A LOT.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:29:20 AM EDT
[#42]
The price of a grocery store sandwich went from $6.99 to $9.99 in a couple of weeks where I live.

That's 43% in about a month.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]
We know.

Most people can’t math and/or memory.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:35:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Regardless of how much it has gone up, no price is high for no more mean tweets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#45]
shadowstats
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you want to get more pissed, look at the weights on the container- packages have started shaving ounces off the contents.  They've also changed the packaging.  I look at the cereals at Publix as kind of a way to watch prices since they're on the same aisle as the coffee (I don't eat cereals but I buy coffee, which has gone up several dollars on average and the box of individual packs of instant Cafe Bustelo have increased from 1.00 to1.25).  I noticed that the Life cereal box says "Large size" on it now in big letters- but it's the same size box as the regular used to be and there is no longer a large family sized box.  
View Quote

This is happening across just about everything. The manufacturers for the most part are being open about it too. They are saying that buyers like seeing the same price even if the package shrinks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#47]
My Walmart cupcake is up about 50%
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Inflation is definitely worse than the official numbers say.   They've "updated" how they calculate it every once in a while, and it's never in the direction of reality.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#49]
People call all price increases inflation for some reason. Then they call the inflation numbers some vast conspiracy when it's just economists sticking to the calculation rules that have always been used.

If gas is up 80% and inflation is 9%, it means that 71% of the increase is due to supply and demand. Not only the supply of oil but also the interruptions in the supplies, labor and infrastructure that transports the oil and gas.

I'm not sure why this is such a touchy subject for arfcomer. Let me ask this question. Gas has dropped by about 20% over the last month. Our economy has never experienced deflation. Are you telling me we are experiencing deflation of 20% all of the sudden?

We can still blame Biden for high gas prices. But let's label it properly and not blame economists for being in cahoots with the president:

9% - inflation (Biden's fault)
2% - limited resource (God's fault)
20% - energy policy (Biden's fault)
25% - supply disruption (sort of Biden's fault)
24% - labor shortage (Biden's fault)
80% - Total price increase

There are supply chain issues up and down and empty store shelves. That is going to account for most of your price increases.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Most food items have gone up 30%-100% in the last year. The sour cream at Aldi has more than doubled in 6 months.
Many TV diners at Kroger are 40% more. BOGO and other sales are rare to nonexistent now.

FJB
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top