Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2023 12:32:07 PM EDT
Hi guys,
I can't do as many heavy sessions as I used to so I'm looking to mix in more lighter stuff with dumbbells and maybe a couple kettlebells. Aside from used stuff on FB marketplace does anyone know of any good deals around for these things? Everything I'm seeing is a lot more expensive than what I would have expected lol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've found that Amazon is often cheaper than used stuff elsewhere. Kettlebells run a little over $1/pound if you pay attention to sales.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've found that Amazon is often cheaper than used stuff elsewhere. Kettlebells run a little over $1/pound if you pay attention to sales.
View Quote

Didn't even think of what's the most obvious answer...thanks I'll dig around.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Rogue Fitness pre-COVID would do some great deals on Black Friday, but I haven't seen them do anything good post COVID.

Titan Fitness is sort of your Chinese version knock off Rogue and they have some pretty affordable options.

Got a Hell of a deal on my Nordic Fitness 1750 treadmill on a Black Friday sale through Amazon.  

I just save up, slow and steady wins the race.  Took me a few years to put together my home gym and I still have some items I want to buy, but I have enough to get in a respectable workout.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Vulcan has some kettlebells on sale, and some dumbbells on clearance.
https://www.vulcanstrength.com/
"Vulcan Strength Training Systems is a veteran owned business and greatly appreciated the sacrifices of US military members and families. The Veterans/Military discount is 5% off regular priced products. The discount does not apply to items listed as on sale or items that are not Vulcan brand products. The discount must be applied at the time of purchase."

Rep Fitness hasn't been mentioned yet.
https://repfitness.com/
"Since our founding in 2012, REP has offered a 5% discount to first responders, active military, and veterans. Our respect for those who provide our freedom and security is what drove our desire to give back. We still hold that same respect today, but in 2023 we have chosen a more targeted approach to giving back. Rather than a discount to everyone regardless of need, we have chosen to pledge $100,000 to three great charities that help military and first responder's families. In this way we can ensure the money we give goes to those with the greatest need, and continues our tradition of honoring those who serve our nation and our community."

If you go the Amazon route, you could use https://camelcamelcamel.com/to try and catch a deal. I do feel like there are some Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist deals out there, but you might not have the time to hunt for them. After COVID, I feel like fitness equipment is similar to housing or vehicles, they are more expensive, and the deals do not seem to be as good as they once were.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The best price I found on kettlebells last year was Walmart.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate it guys, I'll dig into those options.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best price I found on kettlebells last year was Walmart.

View Quote

Yeah you're not wrong, good prices
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top