Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 171 of 271)
Page / 271
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Ehhh there's lots of hardware makers, and I bet the software ain't that hard.

He's probably already working on one that runs off earth based starlink repeaters.
View Quote
the key is getting people to make app.
someone mentioned in this thread that Microsoft tried it really hard, and it bombed.

and if it is a true "privacy phone" then even less app makers will want to code for it, because there will be even less monetization in it for them.
It is truly an uphill battle.

don't get me wrong, I would buy one in a heartbeat to get off of Google's platform or Apple.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
that was a flippant remark. Certainly it was made by one of the very few individuals on Earth who could just wake up and choose to do it, but not likely a quick and viable option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
In other words, Musk's threat to make a Muskphone was heard LOUD and CLEAR by Apple.
that was a flippant remark. Certainly it was made by one of the very few individuals on Earth who could just wake up and choose to do it, but not likely a quick and viable option.

It was hardly flippant. He also qualified his statement by saying that he hoped it wouldn't come to that. It was a shot across their bow and the water spray when it landed caused them to re-think their strategy. If Musk chose to do so, he could have a Muskphone being sold in T-mobile stores within 6 months or less. Remember, he already has an agreement with them to be able to start using Starlink when the new constellation comes online.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
This is because they have all kinds of laws around hate speech and censoring the expression of opinions predominately of those on the right.

You can't post about how immigrants are destroying the culture and infrastructure for instance. They do not have freedom of speech.

People in the UK have been arrested for comments deemed transphobic. They literally enforce leftism via the gov't.
View Quote

Though I am only drawing from a very small sample size, it seems to me that moreso than that, the people themselves in most of the EU do not believe in free speech. It's not just that they don't have it, they actually think it is bad for people to have it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SBR_Slut:

"Apple never considered doing so"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

The hell they didn't. Any company that would kowtow to the fucking Chicoms would absolutely consider doing it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

I’m meme’ing and trolling. But my intros question was will it actually change anything.

Do think the kid with his dick and balls taped to his butthole pretending to menstruate is going to change his mind suddenly when he reads my tweet telling AOC she is a dumb bitch or that Biden is a pedo?

Do you think his sorry ass excuse for parents are going to vote Republican if they see some mean tweets?

I believe the battle lines have been drawn. There is no middle ground anymore.
View Quote

You'd be surprised at some of the absolutely shocked responses from the elite blue checks, not that their bot armies can't bury every non sycophantic response.  They can see "our" contents now, and they actually are taken aback.

Have at it, it can't hurt.

@AtillaTehPun
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#6]
Originally Posted By Walkure:

Though I am only drawing from a very small sample size, it seems to me that moreso than that, the people themselves in most of the EU do not believe in free speech. It's not just that they don't have it, they actually think it is bad for people to have it.
View All Quotes
This is because they have all kinds of laws around hate speech and censoring the expression of opinions predominately of those on the right.

You can't post about how immigrants are destroying the culture and infrastructure for instance. They do not have freedom of speech.

People in the UK have been arrested for comments deemed transphobic. They literally enforce leftism via the gov't.

Nailed it. Their mind is that if subjects. Not a free people.

But this America. Fuck you and your king is in our blood and very heritage.

Why do you think “this is very dangerous for our democracy” has been a thing for the last 8 years?  The lie constantly repeated. Free speech IS very dangerous for a democracy. Because with free speech the tyranny of the democracy is defeated.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif

The hell they didn't. Any company that would kowtow to the fucking Chicoms would absolutely consider doing it.
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif

"kowtow"?

I think you mean "enthusiastically deepthroat"
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

They are formulating the counter attack.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Literally my first thought

Someone must have war-gamed it and realized people feel Musk is the new Tech King (The Steve Jobs void) and they would follow him to a new phone, 100%.

Why have iPhone 51.5Mod2 or a Samsung 27 when you can have a Tesla 1.

View All Quotes

In other words, Musk's threat to make a Muskphone was heard LOUD and CLEAR by Apple.

Literally my first thought

Someone must have war-gamed it and realized people feel Musk is the new Tech King (The Steve Jobs void) and they would follow him to a new phone, 100%.

Why have iPhone 51.5Mod2 or a Samsung 27 when you can have a Tesla 1.

IPhone OS is part of essentially a Duopoly dominating the market.

Just the idea that musk could break the duopoly and gain double digit market share is to risky for them.

Apple kowtowing to him could break the back of the digital deep state. That might have been THE battle where they had a chance to beat Musk. To late now. Apple blinked.

They are on record saying they never considered it. Unban Alex jones TOMORROW!
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]

I’m meme’ing and trolling. But my intros question was will it actually change anything.

Do think the kid with his dick and balls taped to his butthole pretending to menstruate is going to change his mind suddenly when he reads my tweet telling AOC she is a dumb bitch or that Biden is a pedo?

Do you think his sorry ass excuse for parents are going to vote Republican if they see some mean tweets?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J_Von_Random:

No. No it isn't.

What you can do is not cower in the shadows hoping the blow doesn't hit you. Every time you speak up you reduce the enemy's power, which rests entirely in the projection of the image of their power. Every time you stay quiet you unwittingly help the enemy maintain that projection.

I'm black pilled as fuck but I do believe it could have a much larger and longer term effect than most anything else.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mancow:

View All Quotes

Naval Ravikant is perhaps one of the single greatest accounts on all of Twitter to follow, on par with Elon. And he nailed what you're talking about months ago:

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BSWilson:

Naval Ravikant is perhaps one of the single greatest accounts on all of Twitter to follow, on par with Elon. And he nailed what you're talking about months ago:

View All Quotes

For those of us who haven't read his posts yet,  can you elaborate on what his thinking was?
(The gist of it, I won't hold you to it)

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Opinion: I wonder if some "basic human instinct" is kicking in.
I wonder, I'm not sure, but I wonder.

If Zuckerberg puts  himself in Elon's camp behind some other things, if the Netflix CEO defending free speech is real - "What if" the tech oligarchs decide they've had enough of the government demands.
Enough of the psyops, censorship, threats, etc.
Realizing, "Wait, hold up, THEY need US too", realizing that Elon changed their negotiating power.

Maybe they DON'T like censoring for China, things like that.
They trade "yay team blue!" for "Know what? I fucking own facebook/twitter/etc - I'm done with those 80 year old millionaires telling me how it's done, with the changing demands every month."

Does their own SELF interest, kick in, and over-ride their political convenience marriages?
View Quote
I think many of them have been convinced they need to bend over for social justice to be profitable.   Whether they turn a corner on that likely depends on how successful and profitable Twitter becomes under Elon.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Owned!!!!!

She falls back to “hate and misinformation”. The White House is the source of misinformation and has been debunked, debonked, and fact checked by free speech.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
So Musk told him he would face orbital bombardment if he did?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:

It must be said, his bargaining position geopolitically-speaking would be greatly enhanced by deploying a few kinetic deorbiting weapons platforms into LEO.

Hell, there's a good chance he's already launched one or two for the DOD already anyways...
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Ehhh there's lots of hardware makers, and I bet the software ain't that hard.

He's probably already working on one that runs off earth based starlink repeaters.
View Quote

I have heard that all the road metrics from the cars with the self driving feature is sent back to Tesla.  That makes sense so they can analyze how their software is interpreting real life conditions and then adjust their software, as well as possibly selling the data.  If they are doing this and using the current cellular networks then he already has engineers on hand who know how to build data devices and handle cell towers.  They would just need to figure out how to make it portable and what OS to use.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

I have heard that all the road metrics from the cars with the self driving feature is sent back to Tesla.  That makes sense so they can analyze how their software is interpreting real life conditions and then adjust their software, as well as possibly selling the data.  If they are doing this and using the current cellular networks then he already has engineers on hand who know how to build data devices and handle cell towers.  They would just need to figure out how to make it portable and what OS to use.  
View Quote

yup the tesla's have 4g antennas. I pay an optional 10 bucks/month for data which allows me to stream music, watch videos, and enables some other functionality for the car. Honestly worth it for the music alone. no ads. its great.

The other thing with Musk is he has Tesla/SpaceX/Neuralink/Boring Co engineers to draw from. I'm not sure how its done legally but I know SpaceX engineers have been pulled in to help Tesla with materials design before and there has been cross pollination with coding as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#20]

looney leftists are going to cry
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By aridcat:

yup the tesla's have 4g antennas. I pay an optional 10 bucks/month for data which allows me to stream music, watch videos, and enables some other functionality for the car. Honestly worth it for the music alone. no ads. its great.

The other thing with Musk is he has Tesla/SpaceX/Neuralink/Boring Co engineers to draw from. I'm not sure how its done legally but I know SpaceX engineers have been pulled in to help Tesla with materials design before and there has been cross pollination with coding as well.
View All Quotes

Does the car have an OS that you can install apps on to or is it just a touch screen with a limited number of buttons?  He has all the pieces and people to build a cellphone, he would just need to pull it all together and make it portable.  Then if he could get it to connect to Starlink in a phone size device then he could take over world wide communications.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess we’re doing Terminator and Matrix at the same time.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Darcy:

View Quote

WOW.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:29:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:

WOW.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:

WOW.

Where I think it’s going…

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Sure, many people in Europe do not support free speech as we have here. That also is a self-perpetuating idea as people only hear one train of thought which is almost exclusively leftist and in support of the establishment. Eventually, competing political ideologies and thoughts die out as expressing counter messages is (in some cases) illegal. The German government figured out how to manipulate laws meant to prevent the spread of Nazi rhetoric post WW2 into also being applied to anti-immigrant or transphobic speech. Meanwhile, groups like Antifa or eco-terrorists get to say whatever they want and commit acts of vandalism with very few consequences.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By midcap:

how much does it really costs to operate a glorified messaging board app?
View Quote

Not very much when you cut MOST of bloat (highest cost probably)
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Rest assured that, as usual, the leftist activists are telling us the opposite of what they will be doing-which will be promoting state approved narratives and propaganda counter to actual fact.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1597560790126628864/7nD0Ct-6?format=jpg&name=small

Rest assured that, as usual, the leftist activists are telling us the opposite of what they will be doing-which will be promoting state approved narratives and propaganda counter to actual fact.

I'd say it's mostly about countering anything that would reveal any inconvenient truths.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:55:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRiddleOfSteel] [#29]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Not if you are in China.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Apple is committed to protecting your privacy while they determine what you are allow to see and do.
Not if you are in China.

Apple will not protect you when you need it. Apple advertises how much they value and will protect your privacy but recent events seem to make clear that they won't stand up to a real challenge of your rights (as in China). Perhaps Apple needs a new slogan? How about: "At Apple, we follow the worm's order$."
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Opinion: I wonder if some "basic human instinct" is kicking in.
I wonder, I'm not sure, but I wonder.

If Zuckerberg puts  himself in Elon's camp behind some other things, if the Netflix CEO defending free speech is real - "What if" the tech oligarchs decide they've had enough of the government demands.
Enough of the psyops, censorship, threats, etc.
Realizing, "Wait, hold up, THEY need US too", realizing that Elon changed their negotiating power.

Maybe they DON'T like censoring for China, things like that.
They trade "yay team blue!" for "Know what? I fucking own facebook/twitter/etc - I'm done with those 80 year old millionaires telling me how it's done, with the changing demands every month."

Does their own SELF interest, kick in, and over-ride their political convenience marriages?
View Quote

wait a minute.. I think i've seen this one before.....

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I'm sure he can get an EUA with some made up data just like moderna and pfizer got for their mrna injections right?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:30:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#33]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I would have liked to have been in the room when Apple read Musk's post about making a phone.

"Ha ha good luck. With the barriers to entry this guy isn't going to do what Microsoft couldn't"
"Yeah ha ha"
"It's almost as hard as starting a car company"
[everyone looks out the window at the parking lot]
"Um Jane, call over and see if we can get Musk over for a talk-sooner would be better"
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#35]
heh.

consider this.

Elon was photographed at a party with Larry Page (cofounder of google) earlier this year. They are or were friends.

Perhaps Apple realized that Google was NOT ever going to drop twitter.

If Apple drops twitter and Google says they won't because they support free speech it would be a branding nightmare for Apple.

Google/Apple app store tyranny only works when they coordinate their actions
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Does the car have an OS that you can install apps on to or is it just a touch screen with a limited number of buttons?  He has all the pieces and people to build a cellphone, he would just need to pull it all together and make it portable.  Then if he could get it to connect to Starlink in a phone size device then he could take over world wide communications.  

View Quote

its just running linux in the background. they are working on adding Steam, but it has a bunch of other random stuff already. I think they've talked about an app store but its not a priority at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#37]
So have these earth shattering files about how Twitter stifles free speech been released yet?

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:23:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: J_Von_Random] [#38]

View Quote

Ok, so you've accounted for 1% of the population. What about the other 99%?

Your model of the world cannot account for what happened when due to the lockdowns parents - especially moms - saw what their kids actually were being taught and exploded.

That the left absolutely freaks the fuck out whenever anyone but them gets even a tiny platform to speak on should be a clue.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

No, it wont change them. But, it will let other people know that those people are not the majority voice that SM and MSM has made them out to be.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

No, it wont change them. But, it will let other people know that those people are not the majority voice that SM and MSM has made them out to be.
View Quote

We still have gun people who think that pro-2A is a minority of the country instead of the overwhelming majority that it is.

That is a tiny slice of things. But a good bellwether for the culture war as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#41]

heh.

consider this.

Elon was photographed at a party with Larry Page (cofounder of google) earlier this year. They are or were friends.

Perhaps Apple realized that Google was NOT ever going to drop twitter.

If Apple drops twitter and Google says they won't because they support free speech it would be a branding nightmare for Apple.

Google/Apple app store tyranny only works when they coordinate their actions
View Quote

Excellent point
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#42]

For those of us who haven't read his posts yet,  can you elaborate on what his thinking was?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0Iy5RLk94fLqaSRy/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0Iy5RLk94fLqaSRy/giphy.gif

He saw the writing on the wall - that there would first be a corporate push to restrict Twitter (as there was, see Yoel Roth's NYT Op-Ed floating the idea), followed by institutional saber rattling, as there is with the EU's recent threats.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#43]
This is the Left's version of our UndercoverHuber. Definitely worth a follow if you want in-depth technical takes from across the isle. Many "intellectual" liberals reference Seth when telling you about how "Trump is definitely going down this time".

Don't comment on his ramblings as he has a very heavy block you trigger finger. Just observe to see how the Left is/will be moving their chess pieces.

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucius] [#44]
Originally Posted By Advance:
This is the Left's version of our UndercoverHuber. Definitely worth a follow if you want in-depth technical takes from across the isle. Many "intellectual" liberals reference Seth when telling you about how "Trump is definitely going down this time".

Don't comment on his ramblings as he has a very heavy block you trigger finger. Just observe to see how the Left is/will be moving their chess pieces.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2022-12-01_10-56-57_png-2619974.JPG

View Quote

Jesus Christ what a fucking crackpot.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2022-12-01_10-56-57_png-2619974.JPG

Like many in our Blueanon media, he is a fan-fiction writer he needs to shadowbox into thin air, wishing that there was a giga-nazi-LARPer army for him to oppose.
He lost his chance in 1945.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Dude has a million deranged followers. He's the real deal on the other side. I don't know how many times I have heard his name mentioned at stuffy attendance mandatory MBA+ gatherings in the last 6 years. You'll learn a lot by keeping eyes on him.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
I guess it is good to know what the mentally ill think since they somehow managed to get a lot of control over social media, but not really feeling it today, maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
classic

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

In other words: due to extreme backlash and lack of support we're walking back our public threats against Twitter.
Page / 271
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 171 of 271)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top