Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/tv/pete-hegseth-accuses-navy-of-witch-hunt-against-eddie-gallagher-didnt-kill-isis-the-way-they-wanted/amp/

“The Navy, in this case, is on a witch-hunt against Eddie Gallagher. He didn’t kill ISIS the way they want him to… We will see what happens. Ultimately, remember, this is an ISIS fighter who lost their life. I’m not saying that you should put a finger in the breathing hole of someone when they’re dying. Most of us have never been in this situation don’t know what these Navy SEALs are facing that day or any other day.”

Wow, under oath, eh?

Turns out under oath doesn’t mean shit.
View Quote
Are you really this stupid, or is it a trolling act?

Those remarks were made by a former military news commentator, not someone testifying under oath. Had you bothered to read beyond the first paragraph you would have known this.

And you claim to have been a downrange contract instructor? WTF did you teach? Local nationals how stock the Dfac salad bar?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you really this stupid, or is it a trolling act?

Those remarks were made by a former military news commentator, not someone testifying under oath. Had you bothered to read beyond the first paragraph you would have known this.

And you claim to have been a downrange contract instructor? WTF did you teach? Local nationals how stock the Dfac salad bar?
View Quote
If you were able to read the article, it cites that 2 Seals have already been cited for lying and ‘obstructing justice’ because their statements to NCIS weren’t factual.

Thus military justice and “oaths” in the scope of this trial, don’t mean a f’ing thing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
As I have said any time I've commented on this case: I hope the defendant didn't do what he's accused of doing. If this is the case, and his troops knowingly made false allegations, they should burn for it.

With that out of the way, Dude may have been a good SEAL.  Sounds like he was not a good leader of SEALs. (this BTW, is not something to send someone  to jail over).

Let's assume he didn't do what was alleged by the prosecution.  It still sounds to me like he could take some leadership advice from LTG Schofield, circa 1879. (before everyone in the military was a "coward" and "pussy" millennial.)

General Schofield is talking about officers, but this really applies to any military leadership position.

The discipline which makes the soldiers of a free country reliable in battle is not to be gained by harsh or tyrannical treatment. On the contrary, such treatment is far more likely to destroy than to make an army. It is possible to impart instruction and give commands in such a manner and such a tone of voice as to inspire in the soldier no feeling but an intense desire to obey, while the opposite manner and tone of voice cannot fail to excite strong resentment and a desire to disobey.

The one mode or the other in dealing with subordinates springs from a corresponding spirit in the breast of the commander. He who feels the respect which is due to others cannot fail to inspire in them respect for himself; while he who feels, and hence manifests, disrespect toward others, especially his subordinates, cannot fail to inspire hatred against himself.

LTG John M. Schofield, 1879

Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you were able to read the article, it cites that 2 Seals have already been cited for lying and ‘obstructing justice’ because their statements to NCIS weren’t factual.

Thus military justice and “oaths” in the scope of this trial, don’t mean a f’ing thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here is the full article you made the oath remark on. Find WHERE it says what you claim. It doesn't, because you're fucking lying. I watched the whole video, it doesn't say that in the video either. You've been lying and posting rumors and innuendo from the start and claiming them as facts. Now you're posting remarks made to get ratings as fact.

Keep doing it, I'll keep calling you on it. LIAR.

Fox & Friends co-host Pete Hegseth accused the U.S. Navy of being “on a witch-hunt against” SEAL Team 7 operative Eddie Gallagher, who is currently being investigated for a 2017 war crime — murdering a teenaged prisoner of war in Iraq by repeatedly stabbing him with a hunting knife.

Hegseth made the comment Friday morning while discussing the news that another SEAL came forward this week to claim he was the one who killed the young Daesh militant, not Gallagher.

“Yet another reminder when you look at these cases what you hear in public is not always what happened in the fog of that situation,” Hegseth said. “There is a reason why the defense attorneys here for Eddie Gallagher felt confident going to court. They felt like cross-examining some of these other Navy SEALs, other Navy SEALs who feel pretty bad about the fact Eddie Gallagher plight go to prison for life for this.”

After Brian Kilmeade noted that the Navy is not dropping the premeditated murder charge and leaving it up to the jury, Hegseth — a former major in the Army — accused the U.S. military of smearing the accused SEAL:

“The Navy, in this case, is on a witch-hunt against Eddie Gallagher. He didn’t kill ISIS the way they want him to… We will see what happens. Ultimately, remember, this is an ISIS fighter who lost their life. I’m not saying that you should put a finger in the breathing hole of someone when they’re dying. Most of us have never been in this situation don’t know what these Navy SEALs are facing that day or any other day.”

“I’m with you,” agreed Kilmeade.

Watch above, via Fox News.

Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
edit: And go ahead and report me if you want, snowflake. It'll be admitting that you're lying your ass off and you know I'm right.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Edited, info already posted
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link from Chief Gallagher’s wife’s Instagram

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-seal-team-6-gallagher-threat

NAVAL BASE SAN DIEGO — Testimony in the military trial of Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher earlier this week revealed that an active-duty member of SEAL Team 6 had disparaged the judge overseeing the trial and said many of his colleagues in the elite unit did not care about killing civilians.

While under cross examination on Wednesday morning, former Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Dylan Dille was questioned at length about a private WhatsApp group chat he and his fellow SEALs used to pass along information within their unit as well as news about the Gallagher case.

In the thread named "The Sewing Circle," the SEALs — who were apparently concerned with war crimes allegedly committed by Gallagher — tried to distinguish themselves as their own "Brotherhood" in contrast to what supporters of Gallagher have called the "Real Brotherhood."

In his testimony, Dille said "there's a clear line in the sand" between both camps of current and former SEALs on what is acceptable behavior in combat.

"It ain't over until we're sitting on a front porch with six shooters and the 'Real Brotherhood' comes knocking," Dille wrote in one text message. "I look forward to laying down some lead again on that occasion."

Defense attorney Tim Parlatore then asked, "Who is the "Real Brotherhood?"

"People who are okay with war crimes," Dille said. He went on to describe them as an "angry mob" of the entire conservative media and former SEALs. Dille and other SEAL witnesses have said in testimony that they have received online threats.

Parlatore then brought up text messages in the thread sent by SO1 Dalton Tolbert, who was a sniper for SEAL Team 7 Alpha Platoon during their 2017 Iraq deployment. Gallagher has been accused of murdering a wounded ISIS fighter and using his sniper rifle to indiscriminately fire on noncombatants.

Did [Tolbert] say he "worked with a bunch of people who don't care about killing civilians?" Parlatore asked.

Dille said yes.

"Where does he work?" Parlatore continued.

Dille, clearly uncomfortable before responding, then said, "Development Group."

Naval Special Warfare Development Group is the name of the classified unit of SEALs commonly referred to as SEAL Team 6.

At that point, the judge, Capt. Aaron Rugh, shuffled members of the jury and Dille out of the courtroom and had a private discussion with Parlatore and the prosecutor.

Once court resumed with the jury present, Parlatore then asked whether Tolbert had ever said in text messages that he "was going to burn this motherfucking court room to the ground," a reference to where the trial was taking place at Naval Base San Diego.

"Yes," Dille said.

Parlatore also said Tolbert had disparaged defense attorneys and the judge in text messages, though he did not go into specifics.

However, a screenshot of a text message thread obtained by Task & Purpose showed that Tolbert had referred to Rugh as "this shady ass judge."

According to a source familiar with the matter, Tolbert also wrote in the text message thread, "what a fucking joke. Somebody fire this pussy ass fucking judge. Who's fucking courtroom is this? Time to man the fuck up fags."

"If the motherfucking courthouse burned down, I did it," Tolbert wrote, according to the source. "Then they can go fuck themselves with the pussy footing bullshit."

In his testimony, Dille told Parlatore he took the supposed threat against the courtroom as a joke.

Tolbert is expected to testify on Friday.

Naval Special Warfare officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment by deadline.
View Quote
I posted a link to that article a page back.

NSW needs to clean house.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link from Chief Gallagher’s wife’s Instagram

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-seal-team-6-gallagher-threat

NAVAL BASE SAN DIEGO — Testimony in the military trial of Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher earlier this week revealed that an active-duty member of SEAL Team 6 had disparaged the judge overseeing the trial and said many of his colleagues in the elite unit did not care about killing civilians.

While under cross examination on Wednesday morning, former Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Dylan Dille was questioned at length about a private WhatsApp group chat he and his fellow SEALs used to pass along information within their unit as well as news about the Gallagher case.

In the thread named "The Sewing Circle," the SEALs — who were apparently concerned with war crimes allegedly committed by Gallagher — tried to distinguish themselves as their own "Brotherhood" in contrast to what supporters of Gallagher have called the "Real Brotherhood."

In his testimony, Dille said "there's a clear line in the sand" between both camps of current and former SEALs on what is acceptable behavior in combat.

"It ain't over until we're sitting on a front porch with six shooters and the 'Real Brotherhood' comes knocking," Dille wrote in one text message. "I look forward to laying down some lead again on that occasion."

Defense attorney Tim Parlatore then asked, "Who is the "Real Brotherhood?"

"People who are okay with war crimes," Dille said. He went on to describe them as an "angry mob" of the entire conservative media and former SEALs. Dille and other SEAL witnesses have said in testimony that they have received online threats.

Parlatore then brought up text messages in the thread sent by SO1 Dalton Tolbert, who was a sniper for SEAL Team 7 Alpha Platoon during their 2017 Iraq deployment. Gallagher has been accused of murdering a wounded ISIS fighter and using his sniper rifle to indiscriminately fire on noncombatants.

Did [Tolbert] say he "worked with a bunch of people who don't care about killing civilians?" Parlatore asked.

Dille said yes.

"Where does he work?" Parlatore continued.

Dille, clearly uncomfortable before responding, then said, "Development Group."

Naval Special Warfare Development Group is the name of the classified unit of SEALs commonly referred to as SEAL Team 6.

At that point, the judge, Capt. Aaron Rugh, shuffled members of the jury and Dille out of the courtroom and had a private discussion with Parlatore and the prosecutor.

Once court resumed with the jury present, Parlatore then asked whether Tolbert had ever said in text messages that he "was going to burn this motherfucking court room to the ground," a reference to where the trial was taking place at Naval Base San Diego.

"Yes," Dille said.

Parlatore also said Tolbert had disparaged defense attorneys and the judge in text messages, though he did not go into specifics.

However, a screenshot of a text message thread obtained by Task & Purpose showed that Tolbert had referred to Rugh as "this shady ass judge."

According to a source familiar with the matter, Tolbert also wrote in the text message thread, "what a fucking joke. Somebody fire this pussy ass fucking judge. Who's fucking courtroom is this? Time to man the fuck up fags."

"If the motherfucking courthouse burned down, I did it," Tolbert wrote, according to the source. "Then they can go fuck themselves with the pussy footing bullshit."

In his testimony, Dille told Parlatore he took the supposed threat against the courtroom as a joke.

Tolbert is expected to testify on Friday.

Naval Special Warfare officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment by deadline.

Missed that,  Thank you
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
After that article, I'm very curious to hear Tolberts testimony. He was supposed to take the stand today.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's been known for a while. I'm pretty sure it was task and Purpose that did the Team 6 story a few years back about the shit they've been doing. And the old vets came to visit for a reunion and were so disgusted at their trophy book full of headshots and how a bunch of the current guys were acting that a bunch of them left.

Maybe Delta does this shit but you won't ever hear about it because they don't run chat rooms, or scrapbook pics of headshots and hunt book deals like they're unarmed Iraqis. Delta does their shit, shuts up, and goes home.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After that article, I'm very curious to hear Tolberts testimony. He was supposed to take the stand today.
View Quote
With time zone difference and delay while article is written up, I'd say it'll probably be at least 3 hours till we know more.

I gotta give Task and Purpose credit. They're doing a pretty damn good job of covering this and not being biased. Only thing I'd suggest is maybe doing one post a day on the subject, not 2 or 3. Powerline did that with the Somali cop murder trial. Noor day 1, Noor day 2, etc. Made it easier to follow.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IIRC, it was a Seal team who left a HMMWV unattended in the summer of 2007 near Fallujah that got stripped of weapons and gear. M240 gone and whatever else that was in the truck. I dont remember if comms got stolen, but I remember having to refill my squads squads crypto. At least the BFT wasn't stolen.

Later in that same deployment we had a team come to our AO. They stayed at the IP station where one of our platoons manned. They left gear on the trucks staged outside. Some of their NVGs got stollen by some ICWs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had the distinct pleasure of living with SEALs on Camp McCloskey in Afghanistan as an Army Officer for several months at the conclusion of operations in 2014, arguing with them pretty much daily. They did not follow rules then, and I'm positive they still don't. I personally watched them compromise billions of dollars in technology which we can no longer use as well as put hundreds of service members lives at serious risk including my own. Nothing I read on the news regarding NSW surprises me after that bs experience.
IIRC, it was a Seal team who left a HMMWV unattended in the summer of 2007 near Fallujah that got stripped of weapons and gear. M240 gone and whatever else that was in the truck. I dont remember if comms got stolen, but I remember having to refill my squads squads crypto. At least the BFT wasn't stolen.

Later in that same deployment we had a team come to our AO. They stayed at the IP station where one of our platoons manned. They left gear on the trucks staged outside. Some of their NVGs got stollen by some ICWs
I've heard of ST cowboy antics going on back during the VN war era.  1 story related to me by a VN era Ranger was of a ST guy who shot up a base shooting range facility, causing predictable damage.  He didn't have a high opinion of them in general.

My guess is the ST culture has been "wanting" for a while, & that it hasn't improved with time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's been known for a while. I'm pretty sure it was task and Purpose that did the Team 6 story a few years back about the shit they've been doing. And the old vets came to visit for a reunion and were so disgusted at their trophy book full of headshots and how a bunch of the current guys were acting that a bunch of them left.

Maybe Delta does this shit but you won't ever hear about it because they don't run chat rooms, or scrapbook pics of headshots and hunt book deals like they're unarmed Iraqis. Delta does their shit, shuts up, and goes home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call horse shit on that. I have seen pictures from World War 2 to Vietnam of US soldiers and Marines sitting next to or on top of, eating next to, and putting lit cigs into them mouths of the guys they killed.  The ever popular Che Guevara and Pablo Escobar group photo also calls that article horseshit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Talk about clown shoes...  multiple cases of prosecutorial misconduct, now NCIS investigator admitting he lied on warrant applications...
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Talk about clown shoes...  multiple cases of prosecutorial misconduct, now NCIS investigator admitting he lied on warrant applications...
View Quote
The judge should just toss this out now. If not, he is part of the spectacle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think you all realize Ncis does this in every case. This is operations normal for them.

There’s been no prosecutorial misconduct here though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don’t think you all realize Ncis does this in every case. This is operations normal for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then NCIS needs to be taught a lesson. There has been many fuck ups with the investigation/prosecution of this case.

No, I won't list them. You can look.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then NCIS needs to be taught a lesson. There has been many fuck ups with the investigation/prosecution of this case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No more than any other case. This is how navy jag works. Seat of the pants all the time.

Oddly enough they still get their convictions.

I’ve followed this case rather carefully, if you’re talking about the email thing that’s literally nothing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No more than any other case. This is how navy jag works. Seat of the pants all the time.

I’ve followed this case rather carefully, if you’re talking about the email thing that’s literally nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would get you disbarred in a state case.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this was any other court, it would have been tossed a long time ago. Clown shoes!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If this was any other court, it would have been tossed a long time ago. Clown shoes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were any other court it would have been handled differently.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The entire military justice system ought to be disbarred.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#23]
It's not a fair trial.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's not a fair trial.
View Quote
There are no fair trials under the military system. The concept does not exist. It’s a punishment system, not a justice system.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I love how these threads always turn into people who have worked with the Navy vice those who have read their books and watched their movies.

Those who have worked with this community know he is likely guilty as shit and got away with a lot more than he was charged with. No way in hell was anyone trying to police him internally...
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Im going to assume that "if they look like combatants" wasn't part of their ROE and failed to positively ID targets. And he still says he didn't take shot he shouldn't have?
Thats some boot shit.
Its not exactly like 2005 where if they were wearing tennis shoes, they were game....
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
a big part of that is that the Navy JAGC puts brand-new baby JAGs into the defense attorney role, where they don't know WTF they're doing.  It's a recipe for miscarriage of justice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like this line here sort of applies.

"All you did was weaken a country today."

A Few Good Men (8/8) Movie CLIP - Jessup Is Arrested (1992) HD
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#30]
This case should end NCIS and put the NAVY JAG Corp under investigation.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love how these threads always turn into people who have worked with the Navy vice those who have read their books and watched their movies.

Those who have worked with this community know he is likely guilty as shit and got away with a lot more than he was charged with. No way in hell was anyone trying to police him internally...
View Quote
Were you part of this community?

Would like to hear more of your perspective.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
a big part of that is that the Navy JAGC puts brand-new baby JAGs into the defense attorney role, where they don't know WTF they're doing.  It's a recipe for miscarriage of justice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that’s done on purpose.  It allows them to totally subvert the process.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Being here in San Diego this case is the lead story everyday on the news.

The one thing I am not hearing on the news, in articles, or even when the defense does a press conference is...why did he stab the kid in the neck?

I get that the "finger in the airway" was what killed him ultimately, but what was the goal? As far as I know, the defense is not arguing that he stabbed the kid.

Was the kid suffering? Was he fighting with his captors trying to escape? Did they think he would blow himself up?

I just haven't read as to why he stabbed him. That is all I would like to know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You really think that Team 6 gave a slot to a guy if they had even a whisper that he wasn't anything but one of their best? Even if Team 6 did, and it's a possibility, do you think Team 6 would take a guy if he was throwing on another Seal without cause?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s exactly what it sounds like.

Overpromote to fill the void.

Throw shade on the one guy holding you accountable for being a piece of a shit and of course everyone around you is getting lifted.
You really think that Team 6 gave a slot to a guy if they had even a whisper that he wasn't anything but one of their best? Even if Team 6 did, and it's a possibility, do you think Team 6 would take a guy if he was throwing on another Seal without cause?
Dev has had their fair share of war crimes problems for years now, let alone killing hostages they were supposed to rescue by taking fragmentation grenades on an HR mission.  The scalping and canoeing, collecting body parts, indiscriminate targeting of civilians for sport, and general behavior of pirates doesn't bode well:

Yesterday The Intercept published an explosive article titled “The Crimes of SEAL Team Six” which accuses the unit of institutionalizing war crimes from a former unit commander on down into the enlisted ranks.  Many SOFREP readers wrote to us asking if the allegations in the article are correct.  While SOFREP cannot independently verify every claim made in the article, through numerous sources we are able to confirm that SEAL Team Six operators have committed war crimes to an extent that it can almost be described as the unit’s standard operating procedure.

These crimes include scalpings, canoeing (by shooting open the top of the skull), the taking of anatomical war trophies, and the needless killing of unarmed civilians.  No one was more skeptical of these claims than I was, as this was such a profound departure from my own experience in Special Operations units.  Over the years, I have been told of war crimes being committed by the unit which are described in The Intercept article as well as others that are even darker.  One SEAL I spoke to described what was going on in the unit (Dev) as resembling the Cormac McCarthy Novel Blood Meridian.
Blood Meridian is about the Glanton Gang of the 1849-1850 period where Mexico hired scalp hunter mercenaries to hunt down Apache Indians and scalp them for bounties.

Leadership to Blame for ST6 War Crimes

This case with Gallagher is starting to look more like several legitimate incidents of criminal behavior common to the Teams, the most notorious one being with the young ISIS fighter.

Instead of it being a situation where they were providing life-saving Combat Trauma Management care, their behavior is consistent with testimony where Gallagher had set up a special triage template where they would prolong the suffering of any captured ISIS fighters before killing them.  He started life as a Navy Corpsman assigned to USMC units before going the NSW route.  On this deployment for the battle of Mosul, he seems to have made arrangements with other Corpsmen to engage in extended life-saving procedures not for the purpose of life-saving, but torture.

I'm forced to reevaluate my position once again on this mess to my original suspicion.

It appears that the older guys engaged in the GWOT have been smoking civilians outside of the ROE and committing other acts in violation of The Hague and CENTCOM AOR ROE as a rule, not the exception.  Most guys in SOCOM have heard of this kind of behavior in the Teams.

It's looking like some of the newer SEALs had a problem with this and called it out, only to be threatened and intimidated.

The hard part of it is that these ISIS captives would have been done worse by the Iraqis and everyone knew it, but it doesn't justify us turning into savages.  There is a level of brutality most Americans will never know that is pretty commonplace in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.  SEALs justify their crimes by citing these realities and how people back home don't know what they're MMQB'ing, so civilians should just shut their pie holes and let SEALs be a law unto themselves.

There are more options than that of course, like following the ROE.  A problem for a small SOF unit though, working with thousands of host nation combatants is processing EPWs that you know will be raped, beaten, dismembered, disemboweled, and beheaded in many cases.  By the Laws of Land Warfare, you're not supposed to hand over EPWs who you have a reasonable suspicion will be abused, mistreated, tortured, or killed.

That effectively makes your small unit combat-ineffective because then you have to switch missions from one of doing Reconnaissance and Direct Action or advisory work, to being an MP, which is not within your operational template mandates, especially on time-critical offensives like Mosul in late 2016-mid 2017.

Given mission priority to kill insurgent terrorists, the command is left with a pack of more senior and experienced NCOs who have been killing ISIS, AQ, and Taliban for sport for the better part of 2 decades driving the show, with no real unit structure to safeguard EPWs.

Compound this with the fact that these are non-uniformed combatants who don't enjoy protections of uniformed soldiers fighting for a particular army, and the lines just got grayer.  Throw in any SEAL Platoon, and you're pretty much guaranteed to have rampant killing of EPWs and civilians.

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah but he didn't go report his buddies, did he? The dude who plead guilty lied his ass off to investigators for months, to cover for a fellow Seal, with half a dozen different covers stories before they nailed him down and forced him to take a plea. Seals and units like that don't talk out of school and a dude that reports a fellow seal for stabbing a 'raghead' or shooting random unarmed people, and thus dirtying the name of the unit in public, wouldn't be made to feel very welcome on a unit like Team 6. So why was he accepted?

MAYBE Eddie Gallagher was a loose cannon and the senior leadership in the Seals recognize that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the funniest thing I will read this week.

Who do you think the guy was who just pled guilty in the OTHER SEAL murder trial?  Killing the SF soldier, not the Iraqi. The one that hit on the widow of the soldier he killed while at a SHOT show?

Hint, the two SEALs were from the team that rhymes with "six."
Yeah but he didn't go report his buddies, did he? The dude who plead guilty lied his ass off to investigators for months, to cover for a fellow Seal, with half a dozen different covers stories before they nailed him down and forced him to take a plea. Seals and units like that don't talk out of school and a dude that reports a fellow seal for stabbing a 'raghead' or shooting random unarmed people, and thus dirtying the name of the unit in public, wouldn't be made to feel very welcome on a unit like Team 6. So why was he accepted?

MAYBE Eddie Gallagher was a loose cannon and the senior leadership in the Seals recognize that.
Given what Dev has been up to all these years, war crimes is more likely to gain credibility for entrance and acceptance into one of the Squadrons, especially the Hatchet guys.  Dev doesn't do selection like other units.  They put someone's name with their photo up on a board in the main hall of their HQ building at Dam Neck, then as operators pass by, they mark their approval of that person with an up or down vote.

If you look back at the culture Marcinko founded and promoted, it's a recipe for a rogue organization that prides itself on breaking the rules as a focus, not an exception when operationally mandated for very specific National Command Authority contingencies when trying to save life.

For example, one of the main things certain units at that level do is discreetly and with extreme prejudice, eliminate terrorists before those terrorists can pose a threat anymore.  It doesn't matter if they're in peacetime or war is going on in the region.  You find a cell that is up to no good, (like targeting mass civilian centers, transportation nodes, or critical industrial hubs, or assassinations), and you eliminate that threat before they can do harm.

Israelis, Brits, various Middle Eastern nations, Philippines, Thais, etc. have been doing that for decades because of the rise of Islamic terrorist cells spreading like a cancer throughout the ME, Europe, and Asia.

White side SEALs on an anti-terror campaign working with Iraqi Army to take down ISIS in more overt warfare now creates an operational environment where a lot of grey area creeps in, especially within an organization with very little discipline, who prides themselves on breaking the rules to get things done.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Given what Dev has been up to all these years, war crimes is more likely to gain credibility for entrance and acceptance into one of the Squadrons, especially the Hatchet guys.  Dev doesn't do selection like other units.  They put someone's name with their photo up on a board in the main hall of their HQ building at Dam Neck, then as operators pass by, they mark their approval of that person with an up or down vote.

If you look back at the culture Marcinko founded and promoted, it's a recipe for a rogue organization that prides itself on breaking the rules as a focus, not an exception when operationally mandated for very specific National Command Authority contingencies when trying to save life.

For example, one of the main things certain units at that level do is discreetly and with extreme prejudice, eliminate terrorists before those terrorists can pose a threat anymore.  It doesn't matter if they're in peacetime or war is going on in the region.  You find a cell that is up to no good, (like targeting mass civilian centers, transportation nodes, or critical industrial hubs, or assassinations), and you eliminate that threat before they can do harm.

Israelis, Brits, various Middle Eastern nations, Philippines, Thais, etc. have been doing that for decades because of the rise of Islamic terrorist cells spreading like a cancer throughout the ME, Europe, and Asia.

White side SEALs on an anti-terror campaign working with Iraqi Army to take down ISIS in more overt warfare now creates an operational environment where a lot of grey area creeps in, especially within an organization with very little discipline, who prides themselves on breaking the rules to get things done.
View Quote
The picture and a check mark is basically to see if they want to let a guy attempt selection or not. It's not like that's all there is to getting in. Anyways that's what I saw on a episode of the Simpson's.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It sounds like he watched the Chris Kyle movie. I served with some seriously crazy motherfuckers in 3ID that make that movie look like Disney. Like drive an M1A1 up to front door of insurgent house and put heat round through the front door crazy. There is some insanely brutal shit from the surge that has not made the light of day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, I was kidding about the John Burns is closer to being a Seal or SOCOM than you are remark earlier, but it's true. And you have to be pretty fucking stupid to not notice the mil icons next to my name so let me attempt, once again, to enlighten your ignorance. I spent 20 years dealing with shit you heard stories about from a 'rackmate'. And over a quarter of that was in SOCOM units.

So please tell me all about how you knowing a guy who said he smoked a dude with a Svest means that a guy in a tower is cool for shooting random little girls and old men.
It sounds like he watched the Chris Kyle movie. I served with some seriously crazy motherfuckers in 3ID that make that movie look like Disney. Like drive an M1A1 up to front door of insurgent house and put heat round through the front door crazy. There is some insanely brutal shit from the surge that has not made the light of day.
Abrams used as a breaching method was pretty common in whatever units had them tasked to them.

Using vehicles to ram the iron gates that are common in Iraq was another common breaching SOP.  Their buildings are better constructed than many of the shoot houses I've worked in CONUS and OCONUS.

A HEAT round is a lot faster than sending in Combat Engineers or a breech team with massive amounts of shaped charges in tires to try to create a breech through those thick walls common to many of the compounds and structures built in Iraq.

Just like lobbing TOWs into the residence where Uday and Qusay were holed up is a lot easier than trying to CQB up the staircase.

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The picture and a check mark is basically to see if they want to let a guy attempt selection or not. It's not like that's all there is to getting in. Anyways that's what I saw on a episode of the Simpson's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is definitely additional and continual training in Dev, but the selection process for unit entry is arbitrary and subjective, not objective.  It leaves the door somewhat open for more turds to get in, as long as unit members approve of them personally.  In this case, turds doesn't mean not physically fit or aggressive, but having judgment and personality problems that are overlooked, as long as they're a good shooter.

Look at the 2 books written about the Bin Laden raid, for example.  That is unacceptable from those kinds of units, yet we have 2 guys competing for credit of shooting OBL first as if we're on a high school team full of kids with narcissistic personality disorder.

There definitely is something wrong brewing in the entire SEAL community, which likely dates back to their origins.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There is definitely additional and continual training in Dev, but the selection process for unit entry is arbitrary and subjective, not objective.  It leaves the door somewhat open for more turds to get in, as long as unit members approve of them personally.  In this case, turds doesn't mean not physically fit or aggressive, but having judgment and personality problems that are overlooked, as long as they're a good shooter.

Look at the 2 books written about the Bin Laden raid, for example.  That is unacceptable from those kinds of units, yet we have 2 guys competing for credit of shooting OBL first as if we're on a high school team full of kids with narcissistic personality disorder.

There definitely is something wrong brewing in the entire SEAL community, which likely dates back to their origins.
View Quote
Ya I dont think the first author took credit for killing him. Just some harmless canoeing. I agree those books were tasteless and terrible not well written and articulate like Beckwith, Haney or Blabers books.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Being here in San Diego this case is the lead story everyday on the news.

The one thing I am not hearing on the news, in articles, or even when the defense does a press conference is...why did he stab the kid in the neck?

I get that the "finger in the airway" was what killed him ultimately, but what was the goal? As far as I know, the defense is not arguing that he stabbed the kid.

Was the kid suffering? Was he fighting with his captors trying to escape? Did they think he would blow himself up?

I just haven't read as to why he stabbed him. That is all I would like to know.
View Quote
Stab to the neck isn't self explanatory?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
According to my son who did two tours in Iraq, care packages sent from home became "community property" once they were opened.

Others mileage or experience may vary.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to understand that it wasn't just taken. Guys trade shit all the time.

If I run out of something and you're on mission and you've given me the go ahead to swap out since my shit is coming - It's fair game. Officer or not you're a big boy and you gave the go ahead.

Or guys will lose a bet...Forget they lost it because they go out drinking and start a van war over it.

I guarantee you it was taken legitimately.
According to my son who did two tours in Iraq, care packages sent from home became "community property" once they were opened.

Others mileage or experience may vary.....
We "pooled" our shit, you just didn't eat the last one of anything.  Like don't help yourself to my last Vanilla Coke (or last beer) in my garage fridge.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well... how about that?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
He is getting railroaded
View Quote
I think Fragged is the term......
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen you post this about DEVGRU's selection process several times. That not how they are selected to screen for Dev. There is a selection process that consists of many things including fitness, shooting, CQB, oral boards and phsyc evals. The pictures on the wall thing is just another step at trying to weed out shitbirds.  Green Team is very hard. Most guys will say that they would rather go through buds 10 times than go through green team again.  It's not a cake walk to get into DEVGRU. If they pass green team then there is a draft system that the 4 squadrons do to pick who they want.

Also, 2 guys haven't taken credit for killing OBL. Matt Bissonnete said that he dumped a few rounds into his chest as he was on the ground.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#46]
The most recent development in Golsteyn’s lengthy case came in early May when the lead investigator on Golsteyn’s case pleaded guilty to stolen valor charges, admitting he had two specifications of violating Article 107, false official statement and three specifications of violating Article 134, wearing of unauthorized insignia, badges and ribbons, according to a statement by Lt. Col. Mike Burns, Fort Bragg Public Affairs.

Sgt. 1st Class Mark A. Delacruz had worn the Air Assault Badge, Pathfinder Badge and Purple Heart medal, none of which he had earned. He also falsely submitted a Purple Heart in his official military file and certified the file was correct when he turned it in for an E-7 and above promotion board.
It's as if the prosecutors and investigators are dirtbags more often than not so far.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've seen you post this about DEVGRU's selection process several times. That not how they are selected to screen for Dev. There is a selection process that consists of many things including fitness, shooting, CQB, oral boards and phsyc evals. The pictures on the wall thing is just another step at trying to weed out shitbirds.  Green Team is very hard. Most guys will say that they would rather go through buds 10 times than go through green team again.  It's not a cake walk to get into DEVGRU. If they pass green team then there is a draft system that the 4 squadrons do to pick who they want.

Also, 2 guys haven't taken credit for killing OBL. Matt Bissonnete said that he dumped a few rounds into his chest as he was on the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an unnamed operator and then O'Neill claiming to have shot Bin Laden first.  Again, why do we know about this?

Why do you know or mention there are 4 Squadrons in Dev?

None of this should be in the open.

Nobody in the open should know about any color-coded unit names, how many sub units there are, or who did what on a NSC-ordered hit.

If you're referring to a book you read by Chuck Pfarrer, he also says SEALs have never left one of their own on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's an unnamed operator and then O'Neill claiming to have shot Bin Laden first.  Again, why do we know about this?

Nobody in the open should know about any color-coded unit names, how many sub units there are, or who did what on a NSC-ordered hit.

If you're referring to a book you read by Chuck Pfarrer, he also says SEALs have never left one of their own on the battlefield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to the unnamed guy also claiming of shooting OBL?

There's more than 4 squadrons. I mentioned the 4 assault squadrons that draft guys that complete green team.

Why do I and thousands of other people know how many squadrons Delta has? Because those guys also talk, post pics etc.

I don't know or haven't read the book that you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just like lobbing TOWs into the residence where Uday and Qusay were holed up is a lot easier than trying to CQB up the staircase.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Airborne_and_Special_Forces_Uday-Qusay_raid%2C_2003.jpg/1200px-Airborne_and_Special_Forces_Uday-Qusay_raid%2C_2003.jpg
View Quote
How about Zarqawi?  Didn't a Delta or 75th guy bash his in his brains in the back of an ambulance or something along those lines?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]
https://www.foxnews.com/us/eddie-gallagher-navy-seal-iraqi-general-stab-isis-detainee

The Iraqi general at the scene of an alleged murder of an Islamic State prisoner in Iraq in 2017 testified in a deposition video played in court Thursday that Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher never stabbed the teenage detainee. The recording was made earlier this month.

Maj. Gen. Abbas al-Jubouri testified that he never saw Gallagher stab the detainee in the neck. Gallagher served alongside Abbas’ unit in an advise and assist capacity in Mosul.

“At any time did you see Chief Gallagher take out the knife while he was treating the ISIS fighter?” asked Maj. Nelson Candelario, one of Gallagher’s military lawyers.

“No,” Abbas replied.

“You never saw him put the knife near the ISIS fighter’s neck?” “No,” he replied.

Abbas told the defense lawyer if had he witnessed improper conduct from SEALs, he would have taken action.

“I would have stepped in,” Abbas said.

“Had you seen Chief Gallagher do anything wrong…you would have reported it?” Candelario asked.

“Exactly,” Abbas replied. “I would have stopped him…I would be very upset.”

As commander of the Iraqi Emergency Response Division, Abbas said he was in the compound when the injured ISIS prisoner was brought in.
View Quote
Continues at link above
Page / 7
Top Top