Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/25/2022 11:10:39 AM EDT
Have seen two Eastern King Snakes in our yard this year, this one yesterday was small only 18 inches long, the other one was about 3 1/2 feet long. Did not see any last year, only a couple of black rat snakes and a few copperheads. Have seen no copperheads this year so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENCBgs6JFE
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have seen two Eastern King Snakes in our yard this year, this one yesterday was small only 18 inches long, the other one was about 3 1/2 feet long. Did not see any last year, only a couple of black rat snakes and a few copperheads. Have seen no copperheads this year so far.

View Quote

That's because the copperheads met the king snake.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Envious. Lived in GA 28 years and I'm very outdoorsy.  I've yet to see one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had more king snakes on my place to snack on the damn copperheads.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope.

My newish boomer neighbor went on a tree cutting spree and stacked up a fuckload of wood last year. That spurned a lot if (harmless) snakes on my property. I shot a few, but didn't go out of my way...no snakes yet this year. I assume the coyotes and eagles and shit got them.

It's a delicate balance OP.

Shotguns and dogs are the simple equalizer in this equation
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.

My newish boomer neighbor went on a tree cutting spree and stacked up a fuckload of wood last year. That spurned a lot if (harmless) snakes on my property. I shot a few, but didn't go out of my way...no snakes yet this year. I assume the coyotes and eagles and shit got them.

It's a delicate balance OP.

Shotguns and dogs are the simple equalizer in this equation
View Quote

You shoot harmless snakes?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

We must put a stop to snake on snake violence!

I had a scarlet king snake as a pet for years. A lot of people thought it was poisonous, so I would put on quite a show as I nervously reached into the enclosure to pick him up
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

About the same here, but 40 years in the Alabama woods and water. Never have seen a King snake. Envious, too.

I did have a fairly large rat snake laying on my front porch rail this week. It was all shiny like it had just shed. I'd upload a pic, but my team membership expired.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.

I let black racers be, but when I see several garder snakes in a day or similar, I shoot them and throw them over the hillside.

I like snake as much as I like coyotes. If they ate more stray cats or rabid raccoons, I'd leave them be, but they don't. They fail at being predators. I'm an apex predator. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not looking very hard!

I usually see 2-3 year.  Middle GA, live in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes.

I let black racers be, but when I see several garder snakes in a day or similar, I shoot them and throw them over the hillside.

I like snake as much as I like coyotes. If they ate more stray cats or rabid raccoons, I'd leave them be, but they don't. They fail at being predators. I'm an apex predator. It is what it is.
View Quote

billy badass over there.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

That's an apex retarded post.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

billy badass over there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

billy badass over there.

At least he's not a boomer

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
-warning-
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Kingsnakes are awesome!
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kingsnakes are awesome!
View Quote

You're god-damned right

The Doors - Crawling King Snake [HQ]

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Cool!

I saw one on our front porch last summer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I was at an outdoor wedding last Friday. About the time the groom was saying his vows, a 5’-6’ long king snake went slithering through the guests and crossed the isle.  One good old country boy reached down and snatched his ass up and kicked him out of the wedding.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have caught 4 out of my mom's chicken coop and released them at my house so far this year. Ma doesn't like snakes of any stripe.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll absorb it all.

You fucks don't live in my area or tend to my gardens so...eat a bag of dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

That's an apex retarded post.

I'll absorb it all.

You fucks don't live in my area or tend to my gardens so...eat a bag of dicks.

You just apexed the apex retarded post, apex predator.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I want more king snakes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote

Do you wear a bullet proof vest made of floor tile?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I like them.

I don’t mess with harmless snakes.

Plus it cuts the percentage of copperheads, etc. around.

Not everyone in the family agrees though.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]
never understood the "grown men afraid of snakes" thing
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can ya buy 1?  Would love to leave one at the lake.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Are these black racers or rat snakes?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
very cool, had a rat snake in the corner of the drive the other week.  Thought I just caught him off-guard while heading off to work but he was still there and very dead when I came home.  Upon closer inspection he had a tangle with something, looked a lot like somebody got him with a weed wacker.  Sucks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Black racer
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep they eat em’ up yum! I have a pic somewhere of one eating a copperhead in front of my friend’s house.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]
We have Black snakes in our back yard and they are welcome. We have also have Timber Rattlers in our back yard, even at our back door. Those are not welcome. Say what you will about venomous snakes but I draw the line when they enter my back yard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Black racer
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strange that you haven't, bet some have seen you.  I see several each year, had one living under my porch for a while and found skin sheds in my shrubs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll sell ya' a couple of copperheads cheap and maybe throw in a cottonmouth to boot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You just apexed the apex retarded post, apex predator.
View Quote

'merica.

I'm gonna drink more beer and walk around my tall grass with a .410 RN

Honestly, I'm aware that king snakes and black racers are probably the same thing...I just hate snakes in general is all, and... arfcom is pretty simple in this regard
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
never understood the "grown men afraid of snakes" thing
View Quote

In my case it's more "grown man afraid of being bitten by a venomous snake far from civilization" thing than a blanket fear of all snakes.

If I owned a house with a lot of woods I'd be investing in a king snake or 10 to live with/adjacent to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We have Black snakes in our back yard and they are welcome. We have also have Timber Rattlers in our back yard, even at our back door. Those are not welcome. Say what you will about venomous snakes but I draw the line when they enter my back yard.
View Quote

...the fuck?

No man. Just...no.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Cute little feller
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's fascinating to watch them eat copperheads. The wrap them up and then get the head swallowed and wait for them to suffocate. I have seen several at our very suburban house. A couple black racers too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I have seen two of these in my yard at different times. As snakes go, they are quite beautiful. I never have a camera available when I see one, so had to get this picture off of the net. They seem quite docile.

The two I have seen were different sizes.

Red sided garter snake???
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have seen two of these in my yard at different times. As snakes go, they are quite beautiful. I never have a camera available when I see one, so had to get this picture off of the net. They seem quite docile.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fexternal-preview.redd.it%2F3w_59uirD0lRUm3FmCZekSfPREQW7tBf6dK69TLF5Fk.jpg%3Fauto%3Dwebp%26s%3D275c4601fab66a0f7b16bd5dd62da7953a7c868f&f=1&nofb=1

The two I have seen were different sizes. They were not quite as bright as the color in the photo.
View Quote

It's pretty neat looking, but I'm also pretty sure that's some digital photo fuckery
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#43]
My favorite redhead former Marine 'warrior woman' is deathly afraid of snakes.  She will walk well away from even a small dead one on the road.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's pretty neat looking, but I'm also pretty sure that's some digital photo fuckery
View Quote

I changed the photo, a bit more accurate. Still beautiful!
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Do you wear a bullet proof vest made of floor tile?
View Quote

Does that repell bullets?

If so, what tile should I buy?
Does vinyl "tile" work?

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, the ones I saw had all the colors but were not nearly as bright. Still beautiful!
View Quote

They're certainly interesting critters.

I recently bought a super bright UV flashlight and...it makes for some surprising walks around the property at night
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm an apex predator. It is what it is.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw one coming around the corner of my house a week ago. A local guy posted one on Fb. Guess it's their time to be out and about.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I had a King snake as a pet in college. We would buy a brown mouse and a white mouse and bet on who got eaten.
His name was Elvis, he was a good snake.
I hope he's eating vermin in heaven.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

A true "apex" predator would kill it with his bare hands or grab it below its head and bite it in half
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top