Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
you may be able to clear trees etc to improve line of sight.

the fact that it is expensive to develop a lot you want is highly unlikely to get you an easement by necessity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you may be able to clear trees etc to improve line of sight.

the fact that it is expensive to develop a lot you want is highly unlikely to get you an easement by necessity.
View Quote

I understand that cost is not a good excuse to try to gain a legal easement through or around a neighbors land. The civil engineer visited the site and said that it is impossible to get the proper line of sight requirements due to the road curve and slope so the driveway will not be approved. He also looked at the line of sight needed if the road speed limit was lowered and it would still not be possible. Pretty much impossible to get an approved driveway which would hinder getting building permits.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're not going to like this but the vast majority of people are likely to say he's being completely reasonable and you're the one being unreasonable. I'm not saying that as a jab at you or anything, just giving you the view from the other side of the fence. He is under no obligation to accept the crappy situation someone else made or inconvenience himself or change his life to improve the situation for someone else. He worked hard to buy his land and he likes it just the way it is. The sooner you accept this the better off you will be.

So FPNI? Seriously, many have already told you this. If this land us so great without any "gotchas" it wouldn't be cheap, even if it IS from a family member or family friend.

Does the ROR in yellow align with the existing farm drive at all? That could give you a little better legal standing to improve the driveway to reach more of the property.

IANAL, but you may be able to put an unimproved drive in and give it some time and point out that the drive is existing and they don't find record if the denied drive. It's a big gamble, one with high stakes, but it's what I would do. But then again, I don't live under a draconian government that tells me that I can or cannot build or even create a driveway.

View Quote

The farm access does sit about 100 feet to the right of the driveway that is currently there but that drive way is not approved and is grandfathered I suppose. Any additions to it will be denied by the city due to line of sight, drainage etc.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top