Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2020 10:25:26 AM EDT
Tom Horn, Christian author and CEO of Skywatch TV, accurately predicted the resignation of Pope Benedict.

Now he says that he has had a vision of the asteroid Apophis hitting Earth in 2029.  He says after having his vision he did some research and talked to some NASA experts. He learned there may very well be a cover-up and they already know it will come close enough that it could hit the Earth.

The Cliffs Notes:

The full video (worth seeing the whole thing):

The WORMWOOD Prophecy: 2029 Asteroid Striking Earth? | Tom Horn
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well crap, there goes my retirement.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If something like this happens I hope I am at ground zero, and they don't tell anyone ahead of time. I just want to be here one second, and gone the next. No society breakdowns etc
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Storz:
If something like this happens I hope I am at ground zero, and they don't tell anyone ahead of time. I just want to be here one second, and gone the next. No society breakdowns etc
View Quote

I agree. As I get older the Mad Max lifestyle sounds less and less appealing. Get right with the Lord and have no fear.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

I agree. As I get older the Mad Max lifestyle sounds less and less appealing. Get right with the Lord and have no fear.
View Quote

My take is that Mr. Horn seemed to be uncannily accurate on Pope Benedict's resignation, but an asteroid is a BIIIIIIIG event.   Somebody who comes up with a prediction like this had better be right or he should have to commit suicide out of contrition.

Like a lot of Christians, I wait for the Rapture.  I'm not hoping for a devastating asteroid strike, but if his prediction is true I kinda would like to see the show.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, he was right about the Pope I guess. Interesting video.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
The same guy also made claims about the Mayan calendar ending being a huge deal back in 2012.  Of course nothing happened.  But people don’t want to hear about the times he is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
The same guy also made claims about the Mayan calendar ending being a huge deal back in 2012.  Of course nothing happened.  But people don’t want to hear about the times he is wrong.
View Quote

I'd like to hear more about this.  Do you have a link to his prediction and how it went wrong?

Meanwhile...

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DocGlockster:

I'd like to hear more about this.  Do you have a link to his prediction and how it went wrong?

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgzqq9YMLU
View Quote

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1205603/end-of-the-world-malachy-pope-prophecy-mayan-calendar-prediction-bible-jesus-christ-spt

https://revelationtimelinedecoded.com/author-thomas-horn-is-he-a-jesuit-who-is-deceiving-christians/
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]

There's a lot of wrong information in those links.  I don't want this thread to go off on a tangent to have to take them apart bit by bit.

I'll just say the authors  haven't really done their homework.  They cite sources that support their claims, but don't address ones that are contrary to their narratives.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I know, I know, from wikipedia...

99942 Apophis

99942 Apophis /'æp?f?s/ is a near-Earth asteroid with a diameter of 370 metres that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a probability of up to 2.7% that it would hit Earth on April 13, 2029.

Additional observations provided improved predictions that eliminated the possibility of an impact on Earth or the Moon in 2029.

However, until 2006, a possibility remained that during the 2029 close encounter with Earth, Apophis would pass through a gravitational keyhole, a small region no more than about 800 metres (1/2 mi) in diameter,[9] that would set up a future impact exactly seven years later on April 13, 2036.

This possibility kept it at Level 1 on the Torino impact hazard scale until August 2006, when the probability that Apophis would pass through the keyhole was determined to be very small and Apophis's rating on the Torino scale was lowered to zero.

By 2008, the keyhole had been determined to be less than 1 km wide. During the short time when it had been of greatest concern, Apophis set the record for highest rating on the Torino scale, reaching level 4 on December 27, 2004.[10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty sure it already has.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
And every university and government on the planet is in on it?  Not to mention the amateur astronomers.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not just blow it up?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
A cover up for an asteroid coming 9 years into the future?  Good luck.

Not saying it can't happen because it can but there's no way NASA would know about it 9 years in advance!
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't even have to look who the OP was...
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
I know, I know, from wikipedia...

99942 Apophis

99942 Apophis /'æp?f?s/ is a near-Earth asteroid with a diameter of 370 metres that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a probability of up to 2.7% that it would hit Earth on April 13, 2029.

Additional observations provided improved predictions that eliminated the possibility of an impact on Earth or the Moon in 2029.

However, until 2006, a possibility remained that during the 2029 close encounter with Earth, Apophis would pass through a gravitational keyhole, a small region no more than about 800 metres (1/2 mi) in diameter,[9] that would set up a future impact exactly seven years later on April 13, 2036.

This possibility kept it at Level 1 on the Torino impact hazard scale until August 2006, when the probability that Apophis would pass through the keyhole was determined to be very small and Apophis's rating on the Torino scale was lowered to zero. 

By 2008, the keyhole had been determined to be less than 1 km wide. During the short time when it had been of greatest concern, Apophis set the record for highest rating on the Torino scale, reaching level 4 on December 27, 2004.[10]
View Quote

Part of the Controversy is in the Yarkovsky Effect

In a nutshell, tiny changes in the asteroid's relation to other bodies affecting it over the next ten years could cause it to deviate from the predicted path enough to hit the Earth.  The problem is that these tiny variables are unpredictable with present models.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether or not that's true.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
Why not just blow it up?
View Quote

Then you would have a thousand mini-Apophis hitting the Earth. It's not like in the movies.
There would be a better solution to land a probe with lots of fuel to push it slightly to shift the orbit so it won't hit us anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Part of the Controversy is in the Yarkovsky Effect

In a nutshell, tiny changes in the asteroid's relation to other bodies affecting it over the next ten years could cause it to deviate from the predicted path enough to hit the Earth.  The problem is that these tiny variables are unpredictable with present models.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether or not that's true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

99942 Apophis

99942 Apophis /'æp?f?s/ is a near-Earth asteroid with a diameter of 370 metres that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a probability of up to 2.7% that it would hit Earth on April 13, 2029.

Additional observations provided improved predictions that eliminated the possibility of an impact on Earth or the Moon in 2029.

However, until 2006, a possibility remained that during the 2029 close encounter with Earth, Apophis would pass through a gravitational keyhole, a small region no more than about 800 metres (1/2 mi) in diameter,[9] that would set up a future impact exactly seven years later on April 13, 2036.

This possibility kept it at Level 1 on the Torino impact hazard scale until August 2006, when the probability that Apophis would pass through the keyhole was determined to be very small and Apophis's rating on the Torino scale was lowered to zero. 

By 2008, the keyhole had been determined to be less than 1 km wide. During the short time when it had been of greatest concern, Apophis set the record for highest rating on the Torino scale, reaching level 4 on December 27, 2004.[10]

Part of the Controversy is in the Yarkovsky Effect

In a nutshell, tiny changes in the asteroid's relation to other bodies affecting it over the next ten years could cause it to deviate from the predicted path enough to hit the Earth.  The problem is that these tiny variables are unpredictable with present models.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether or not that's true.

There is always a chance of an impact, but those small deviations only equate to changes that will take place through tens, hundreds or maybe thousands of years in the future. They aren't enough to show an immediate change that will have enough of a chance to hit us any time soon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#20]
So, there's a *small* chance that I can RE-use my sign from 2012? Cool I just need to change the dates, then.  It reads "End of the world tonight. Hangovers tomorrow"
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#21]

99942 Apophis

View Quote

370 meters?

Cool!

39-3.4 megatons. Less than Tsar Bomb

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:
Well, he was right about the Pope I guess. Interesting video.
View Quote

Yeah, shit.  That's rock-solid, gilt-edged, take-it-to-the-bank information, right there.

People will believe anything that's put in front of them.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:

Yeah, shit.  That's rock-solid, gilt-edged, take-it-to-the-bank information, right there.

People will believe anything that's put in front of them.

View Quote

It's worth noting because a Pope resigning is an extremely rare thing.  He was right about the timing as well.

That does NOT prove he is right about the asteroid.

It gives him (in my mind) just enough credibility to make a mental note of this and watch for further developments.

I also am hoping he will make other predictions that can act as a test of his credibility.

Other than that I take a "wait and see" attitude.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And every university and government on the planet is in on it?  Not to mention the amateur astronomers.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
why do I have to wait so long?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#27]
its not even a 1/4 mile big....far from a catastrophic world event.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Elon Musk is on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good my retirement is already gone.

Time for hookers and blow!
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#30]
possible but not life ending...

trib starts 2023. rapture sometime ahead of that. trib 7 years..jesus takes charge 2030...1000 year rule begins..earth and heaven destroyed made new isnt scheduled til 3030 guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be sitting in a chair in my yard cheering it on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Well if its confirmed, that tells me how much I need to withdraw from my 401K and go on a spending spree before the big kaboom

I aint wasting a lifetime of saving money to see it go wasted due to me being blown to bits
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well if its confirmed, that tells me how much I need to withdraw from my 401K and go on a spending spree before the big kaboom

I aint wasting a lifetime of saving money to see it go wasted due to me being blown to bits
View Quote

Not confirmed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#35]
NASA Coverup

WHEN PROPHETS AND SCIENTISTS AGREE: NASA “DECEPTIVELY” CLOUDING TRUTH ABOUT 2029 ASTEROID IMPACT ODDS

You may have seen this week where NASA is calling an “all clear” on the impact possibility of Apophis in 2029. But just one of many scientists is warning that NASA’s trajectory calculation of Apophis is off by as much as 600,000 miles, [i] which Harry Lear implies could send Apophis crashing into earth eight years from now on April 13, 2029. Lear sent an open letter to the President and U.S. Government scientists begging them to cross-check these calculations immediately, even though he ends his dispatch with an ominous admonition that we may already be out of time.

Besides Lear, top-100 scientist Nathan Myhrvold in a recent peer-reviewed paper, “An empirical examination of WISE/NEOWISE asteroid analysis and results,” refutes much of the data from NASA and charges them with deliberately miss-reporting threats by near Earth objects and of behaving “extremely deceptively” with deliberate “scientific misconduct” in a cover up of very real and potentially imminent space threats.

Even famous planetary scientist and astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson admits that on April 13, 2029: “Apophis will come so close to Earth that it will dip below our orbiting communication satellites. It will be the largest closest thing we have ever observed to come by earth… the orbit we now have for it is UNCERTAIN… because these things are hard to measure and hard to get an exact distance for—WE CANNOT TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE THAT TRAJECTORY WILL BE…”.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#36]
If NASA did have calculations that it was going to hit earth, there is no way in hell it would be made public
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If NASA did have calculations that it was going to hit earth, there is no way in hell it would be made public
View Quote

This is pretty much the consensus among people looking into this.  They know we don't have the technology to stop it; therefore the panic would make the COVID scare look mild by comparison if they ever admitted that the asteroid will hit us.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Haven't they already said it won't hit the earth?    I'm not believing his BS.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is pretty much the consensus among people looking into this.  They know we don't have the technology to stop it; therefore the panic would make the COVID scare look mild by comparison if they ever admitted that the asteroid will hit us.
View Quote

It's a 370 meter wide object and we have 8 years to prevent it.  We absolutely could change it's path if the USG decided to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's a 370 meter wide object and we have 8 years to prevent it.  We absolutely could change it's path if the USG decided to.
View Quote

How? This isnt the movies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How? This isnt the movies.
View Quote
SpaceX has rockets. USGov has nukes. That gives four years for design/assembly, two + years for intercept and a year+ for a small angular push to slightly alter the asteroids path.  Figure on a launch a month to ensure one of the payloads is successful. All you need is a little nudge and paths change drastically over large amounts of space.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#42]
There are simply too many sky watchers today who cannot be silenced.

Scott Manley or Anton Petrov would be talking about it on their channels by now as an "as discovered by amateur astronomers" story.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy that.   A 370 m target w/ years to prepare for it?    You could vaporize that w/ enough nukes.    One nuke could push it off course.    With that much warning Space X could probably put something on it and push it off course.  The sooner they started pushing the less they would have to move it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If something like this happens I hope I am at ground zero, and they don't tell anyone ahead of time. I just want to be here one second, and gone the next. No society breakdowns etc
View Quote

You’re gonna miss all the fun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck it.  I am actually good with this. The world is going to shit. Totally serious, no GD bullshitting here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't buy that.   A 370 m target w/ years to prepare for it?    You could vaporize that w/ enough nukes.    One nuke could push it off course.    With that much warning Space X could probably put something on it and push it off course.  The sooner they started pushing the less they would have to move it.
View Quote

Or continually pulverize it into smaller and smaller chunks if it couldn't be outright steered away.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#48]
A 150 foot wide meteor did this:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Time to stop putting away money and party on! This prediction seems legit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top