Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2022 3:47:53 AM EDT
Can we please limit the number of active threads a user can have in one EE forum?  Perhaps based on dollar value of the items?  I'm sick of a single high-dollar item getting knocked onto page two because some junkyard peddler has fifteen threads on the first page, each with a single $5-10 trash item they've been hawking with zero interest for months.

I'm not ranting about 'the poors' or anything like that, but it seems unfair for one person to be able to take up that much space.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can we please limit the number of active threads a user can have in one EE forum?  Perhaps based on dollar value of the items?  I'm sick of a single high-dollar item getting knocked onto page two because some junkyard peddler has fifteen threads on the first page, each with a single $5-10 trash item they've been hawking with zero interest for months.

I'm not ranting about 'the poors' or anything like that, but it seems unfair for one person to be able to take up that much space.
View Quote
This would be appreciated for people browsing the EE as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought there was a limit on how many post a person can have on page 1 of any EE forum, maybe 3 post limit I think.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought there was a limit on how many post a person can have on page 1 of any EE forum, maybe 3 post limit I think.
View Quote

I mostly see this when I browse a filtered EE forum like a HTF link, so maybe that sorting is breaking an existing rule.

Regardless, I'm on many forums where in their For Sale section the rule is 'one poster, one thread'.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There already is a limit

EE 1

No more than TWO ads on page 1, and no more than FOUR ads within the first two pages. Industry Partners are allowed SIX ads per page, and Dealers are allowed FOUR ads per page. In order to keep the EE clean, we ask that you combine related items into single ads when appropriate, rather than creating an ad for each related item.
View Quote

Then filtered/sorted links like this link from the WA HTF for local ads must bypass those rules, or at least bypass manual scrutiny.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Then filtered/sorted links like this link from the WA HTF for local ads must bypass those rules, or at least bypass manual scrutiny.
View Quote

You’re upset about the hometown forum sales? These are filtered by state. You’d need more stuff for sale in your state posted to have less on the front page.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Those ads are not all on the first page of their respective forums .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those ads are not all on the first page of their respective forums .

Right, which is why I think that one post per user per 'main' EE forum makes more sense.  It would still be a bit spread out, but at least you'd have all your gun parts here, all your 1980s gun magazines there, etc.

Quoted:

You’re upset about the hometown forum sales? These are filtered by state. You’d need more stuff for sale in your state posted to have less on the front page.

There are five pages of results active for the HTF.  This alone says that ads are being bumped off Page 1 by the junk peddlers.

I'm not super spun up about it, I guess I need to acknowledge that policy change would be a lot for this forum software to handle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Horrible idea, IMO.

More rules will not improve the EE.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK one more might help

rule 19: you must let us know in the title if you do not have a picture in your ad

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Horrible idea, IMO.

More rules will not improve the EE.

OK one more might help

rule 19: you must let us know in the title if you do not have a picture in your ad

No man , that can easily be integrated into the design w/o dicking with additional rules.

You're just being sassy.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top