Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 5:00:20 PM EDT
Seeing as I am not part of the Home Gym Master Race and all of the gyms are closed, I got caught with my pants down on this shutdown.

And try as I might, I can't afford what used equipment is going for these days. Bodyweight and sandbags are keeping me going but my weight was starting to creep us and my will power was struggling and failing more often than not. To make matters worse, I am visably losing muscle. Every pound of muscle I put on in the first 3 months of this year seems to have evaporated.

If I can't gain muscle right now, I guess I can cut fat.

I needed some help to get back on track.

Came across a post in GD about the ECA stack. I already use caffeine pills and had them on hand so I went to the pharmacy and bought a box of Bronkaid. Starting slow, I took a single Bronkaid once a day for the first two days. Then I took a single Bronkaid twice a day for a few days. Today I introduced the caffeine in. Doses are about 6 hours apart. There is a noticeable boost with the caffeine. I read somewhere the aspirin wasn't necessary so I don't take it.

The stack is very effective (at least for me) as an appetite suppressant and energy boost. It's also cheap! Less than $20 a month.

I'm not watching calories, but am keeping my carbs under 20 a day. Large breakfast, a tiny lunch, and a reasonable sized dinner. Down 7 pounds in 6 days. Pants are looser and I can see hip bones that I couldn't see a week ago. I'm still 10-15 pounds over where I want to be but it's a hell of a start.

Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i always cycled my eca/ecy stacks... 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and then run benedryl afterwards to keep the beta receptors fresh
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s a lot of weight in a very short amount of time. Is it just dehydrating the crap out of you? And I take it you’re doing keto at the same time?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I MISS my old ECA stack and gym everyday routine from "back in the day"!

Now I'm old and fat and it probably is not the best idea for me.

Since I'm both isolated from the gym and from my gym equipment and any place to put it I'm taking things back to caveman style.

Gym equipment = concrete!  I remember driving by a ROK Marine detachment in South Korea that had concrete benches and weights outside.  Cheap, simple, and can stay outdoors.  I thought about that and looked it up on youtube.  It's a pretty standard idea now and I ordered a 10.75" atlas mold mostly because I like the idea of making a bunch of concrete spheres and because I want to be able to add different handles to a few to use as a cheaper and more versatile kettlebell.  

Really, all you need is a few bags of concrete from a big box store.  Leave the mix in the bag, soak very thoroughly, and wait a few days and walla!  You have flat rocks.  (I made a few of these by accident a while back.)  

Or, just go find big rocks...

edit:  I'd never heard of the Benadryl thing before...

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
That’s a lot of weight in a very short amount of time. Is it just dehydrating the crap out of you? And I take it you’re doing keto at the same time?
View Quote

Watching my hydration carefully. It's not increasing urine output. Having done keto and ultra-low carb a few times, I'm really familiar with shedding water weight - this isn't the same at all. I don't know about everyone else, but when I lose water weight, nothing happens to my appearance or waistline. The scale changes, but not my waist measurement.

It should be noted that the weight loss has slowed these last couple of days. After the quick initial loss, I expect it to be a more gradual process now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#5]
This is an interesting thread.

OP do you have any experience lifting on the eca stack?
Did you get more gains while on it or is this more of a weight loss/appetite
supressant type of supplement?

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

No experience lifting while on it.

As I understand it, purely a weight loss stack.

Also, seems to have short term success only, for me anyway. 2 weeks in and it appears to be losing effectiveness very quickly. Pretty bummed about that.

Had such promise early on.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also, seems to have short term success only, for me anyway. 2 weeks in and it appears to be losing effectiveness very quickly. Pretty bummed about that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have never used the current stuff. I am sure the ingredients are all different or substitutes but for several years in my youth I lifted with it. 13-18yo 1988 - 1993 it was all the rave in Flex, muscle and fitness etc..

When I/we used it, it was 3 pills an ephedrine, pill, caffeine pill and asprin. easily picked up at sav-on or in a crunch at your local 7-11 in convenient 2 pill packs.

I was a dumb kid trying to get stronger on bro science I'd probably die today using it. it was an every day I lifted thing.

Ephedrine and caffeine were used to boost your energy through the workout taken 30mins mins before you started to lift. The asprin taken at same time used to keep your blood flowing and ease pain from the long workout. Probably all BS..

I was a kid. thats how I remember it back then. I was able to deliver newspapers, workout, go to school, football/wrestling/baseball practice, chase girls, and stil watch arsenio hall show with energy every day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top