BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38312/F4271C90-DCD6-4AF3-9B11-23B5FAF7AA2A_jpe-2390508.JPG

I see Estonia gave 6 cases of expired MRE , 2 toasters and a pair of socks.

Wheres that guy from Estonia that is always shilling for us to give more money and calls everybody a Russian?

Broke ass needs to pony up or fuck off.
View Quote

Yeah I saw that to. Fucking Estonians are a bunch of free grazing cheap ass loudmouths.  

Maybe next we will see that blowhard from Holland applaud the Dutch sending bags of cookie mix or perhaps some cases of milk powder, not like they got any military worth sending.

We should send the stuff to Vlad instead, he will put it to good use and crush the money launderers once and for all!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well I'm not,  because I don't give a single fuck about Ukraine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is the story of NATO, over and over again.  It's just another way to fleece the American tax payer.
View Quote

AHH yes I'm reminded again. When paying taxes we always think of our own and our own Government. What's truly sad is when I get my refund I'm reminded of what I'm really paying for - THIS. So when I hear Russia is setting up S500 defenses around their Capitol I want you all to remember this is why. I was raised believing the Russians are invading and my Dad's friends flew a single nuke under their jet off the coast of NE in the 50s defending our coast to detour such actions from Russia, but today at some point when are we all going to agree we are also the agressor. Russia is so far less a threat today then they ever where back then. They have never been any bigger and shrank, were told in the news they are friends now when Gorbachev was in power, and now are war maniacs who will run over Europe on their way to the USA. I'm not only not buying it but this war does not seem like it should take $40billion dollars of our money. In fact, I would like to remind all those soccer moms and nurses who thought Joe Biden should run a needle in my arm, and then said to those nurses FU when they did not want a needle in their arms, instead of money - send your kids to Ukraine on Joe Biden's behalf. Let them fight for you and him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It’s a small country, with a small (and neglected) military.  They probably do not have a lot of these pieces that are fully operational and deployable.

At least they did provide something that is useful and works (and not just old obsolete garbage).  Why not be mad at the countries that aren’t giving anything?
View Quote

You should know by now that when a bunch of women want to hyperventilate about something dumb facts will only further enrage them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/27331.jpeg

"As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.  'I tell you the truth,' he said, 'this poor widow has put in more than all the others.  All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38312/F4271C90-DCD6-4AF3-9B11-23B5FAF7AA2A_jpe-2390508.JPG

Wheres that guy from Estonia that is always shilling for us to give more money and calls everybody a Russian?

"As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.  'I tell you the truth,' he said, 'this poor widow has put in more than all the others.  All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had"

now do Ukraine on that chart!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
What they need to do is not allow those under 2% have any leadership positions or votes in NATO.  

The real question is why does the Netherlands only have 10 artillery pieces to begin with?  That’s not enough to equip one brigade.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ah look, the FSA has its hand out again.
View Quote

Maybe he is Ukrainian?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We are "sending an astronomical $40 billion to Ukraine" is an incorrect statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, the USA is sending an astronomical $40 billion to Ukraine on top of the $30 billion plus we're sending to Israel this year and the Dutch can't be bothered to do more than send five artillery pieces?

Well, it's nice to know that our European allies are shouldering their fair share of the burden for a crisis in their backyard.

We are "sending an astronomical $40 billion to Ukraine" is an incorrect statement.

Who gives a shit? It sure sounds good.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can we be mad at both?
View Quote

Of course.  It’s the GD way.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Someone somewhere has the manufacturing capacity to start cranking out 777s.
Surely Shirley
View Quote

Battlefield Vegas should get one of those
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, the USA is sending an astronomical $40 billion to Ukraine on top of the $30 billion plus we're sending to Israel this year and the Dutch can't be bothered to do more than send five artillery pieces?

Well, it's nice to know that our European allies are shouldering their fair share of the burden for a crisis in their backyard.

View Quote

They are smart.

We are  stupid.

Why do we send so much to Israel year after year Jesus Christ enough already.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is mind boggling to think about how armed the world was leading up to the world wars, and how disarmed it is now.

The Dutch had 700 heavy artillery pieces going into WW2.

It seems like Russia, China, and us are the only people with arms stockpiles anymore.
View Quote

70 years of materiel  attrition while expecting the US to carry the burden in men and equipment
They had to pay for their welfare programs somehow, and their militaries were expendable. All they needed was a military marching band and color guard in pretty uniforms, the US was expected to do everything else.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

now do Ukraine on that chart!
View Quote
Seriously?

Ok, where do I slot in probably 20k military deaths, and 25k civilians in Marioupol, and another ten or tens of thousands elsewhere. And then billions in home, businesses, and livelihoods destroyed.

Your edgy comment acting like Ukraine isn't sacrificing is asinine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Difficult to get mad at Iceland: they don’t bother anyone.  Plus they have a bunch of redheaded women and they like to drink.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe he is Ukrainian?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he is Ukrainian?

He’s Thai.

The Ukrainians are paying a hell of a price. For the few hundred dollars a year I get to watch Russians die faster than at any point since 1945. I’m down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah I saw that to. Fucking Estonians are a bunch of free grazing cheap ass loudmouths.  

Maybe next we will see that blowhard from Holland applaud the Dutch sending bags of cookie mix or perhaps some cases of milk powder, not like they got any military worth sending.

We should send the stuff to Vlad instead, he will put it to good use and crush the money launderers once and for all!
View Quote

What is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Europe is so fuckin lame
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They sent 5 guns and they're tapped out, did I read that right?
View Quote

They have 24 in active service. They pulled 5 out of reserves and made them serviceable. Holland isn't a big country. That said, their GDP is $1T making them a decently wealthy country (around 90% of the US in GDP per capita but still only 4% the size of the US) but they spend a pathetic 1.4% of their GDP on their military, putting them them squarely on the list of NATO members that fail to fulfill their spending obligations.

2% is the obligation.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Difficult to get mad at Iceland: they don’t bother anyone.  Plus they have a bunch of redheaded women and they like to drink.
View Quote
Very tall pretty blonde from Iceland hit on me once, my reaction was
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#20]
That's a bad-assed byatch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mad, no. Judging, yes.

Your countries tanks are going to have a hard time getting spares now that the plant was blown up btw.
View Quote

They essentially replaced the Slavshit with Chinesium.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2017/04/04/thailand-to-buy-more-chinese-tanks-reportedly-for-58m/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.janes.com/amp/thailand-looks-to-procure-more-vt-4-tanks-from-china
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mad, no. Judging, yes.

Your countries tanks are going to have a hard time getting spares now that the plant was blown up btw.

https://www.janes.com/amp/thailand-looks-to-procure-more-vt-4-tanks-from-china

LOL that’s dumb too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Good.

The transfer of money and material to the Ukraine will in time be seen for what it is - a massive gravy train. Ukraine knocks out some Russian armour (plenty more where that came from). everyone shoots their load over the Twitter videos, and they get more $$$ for a war that will have no winner except a select few wealthy men.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Have anything to do with that report of the Dutch government questioning Zelensky’s fortune?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a disgusting chart. Only three countries giving more than the US and only because they are terrified that they are next. We are on a different continent!  The only way to change the behavior of the feckless Europeans is to stop until they do their share.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They need to be embarrassed about what they don’t have, not what they gave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That contribution is about 20% of their force in active service. That is a sizable contribution for such a small military.

They need to be embarrassed about what they don’t have, not what they gave.

Agreed. Most of NATO has fallen way short of their obligations for decades. This is the one opportunity to strongarm them into stepping up and we are doing the exact opposite.  We are a bunch on simps.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have anything to do with that report of the Dutch government questioning Zelensky’s fortune?
View Quote

That wasn’t a government report, it was a press release by a pro Russia fringe party.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good.

The transfer of money and material to the Ukraine will in time be seen for what it is - a massive gravy train. Ukraine knocks out some Russian armour (plenty more where that came from). everyone shoots their load over the Twitter videos, and they get more $$$ for a war that will have no winner except a select few wealthy men.
View Quote

Not falling victim to genocide is usually a solid win.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The $40 billion was set to expire by the DoD and they were looking to replenish their stocks.
View Quote

In some cases yes, in some cases we gave away the less expensive stuff we don’t make anymore and will have to replace it at a higher cost and in some cases there have been programmatic cuts for development of systems that will be needed in the future.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Why isn't Europe taking this seriously?  Putin is trying to start World War III and is committing genocide (according to people in this thread and the slut on tv).  So why haven't European nations collectively declared war against this madman?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL that’s dumb too.
View Quote

You don’t exactly need modern kit when the Army’s main adversary is the elected government. They’ll be due for another coup in a few years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Very tall pretty blonde from Iceland hit on me once, my reaction was https://media3.giphy.com/media/vghskRXiOFUCkVAp3D/200.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very tall pretty blonde from Iceland hit on me once, my reaction was https://media3.giphy.com/media/vghskRXiOFUCkVAp3D/200.gif

She probably made you as an American, and thought you’d be easy.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#33]
This is going to end up a bigger waste than Iraq or Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

She probably made you as an American, and thought you’d be easy.  

View Quote

I need to stop wearing flag t shirts and hats Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They only have 57 self propelled artillery and 15 towed pieces
View Quote

Pathetic they need hundreds not less than 100.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Agreed. Most of NATO has fallen way short of their obligations for decades. This is the one opportunity to strongarm them into stepping up and we are doing the exact opposite.  We are a bunch on simps.
View Quote

Spending money on defense - their own and their allies - it’s what superpowers do.  And given that, even more than nature, geopolitics abhors a vacuum, there is always going to be a superpower.  So, if you don’t want it to be America, what country would you prefer.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

????
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or what? You're going to bot post 500 more times?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should give a fuck about know what’s going on before you speak.

Or what? You're going to bot post 500 more times?

Must be in line for a promotion at this rate.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is a disgusting chart. Only three countries giving more than the US and only because they are terrified that they are next. We are on a different continent!  The only way to change the behavior of the feckless Europeans is to stop until they do their share.
View Quote
I agree. In ideal world, Europe would step up more on the humanitarian front $$$ wise. Roughly half of what US sends is not military related. I don't like that.

I was mainly using that chart to refute Estonia gave diddle and squat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There aren’t but 18 howitzers at most in a US inf or armor bde. 5 is a good amount to come from the Dutch
View Quote

60 BCTs plus 13 FABs is a lot of howitzers and launchers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They are too busy spending all their money on social programs and settling refugees.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Spending money on defense - their own and their allies - it’s what superpowers do.  And given that, even more than nature, geopolitics abhors a vacuum, there is alway going to be a superpower.  So, if you don’t want it to be America, what country would you prefer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spending money on defense - their own and their allies - it’s what superpowers do.  And given that, even more than nature, geopolitics abhors a vacuum, there is alway going to be a superpower.  So, if you don’t want it to be America, what country would you prefer.  

We would still be a superpower if we sat this one out for a little while. Give Germany a bill for the equipment we ship to Ukraine. Put the fear of God into them by not riding to their rescue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I agree. In ideal world, Europe would step up more on the humanitarian front $$$ wise. Roughly half of what US sends is not military related. I don't like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with what Estonia is doing. My major beef is Germany, they fund the Russian war machine with their energy purchases and then they do less than the minimum when it comes to helping out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We would still be a superpower if we sat this one out for a little while. Give Germany a bill for the equipment we ship to Ukraine. Put the fear of God into them by not riding to their rescue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patently, untrue. We cut and ran out of Afghanistan in August ‘21 and both Russia and China are on the march less than a year later.  If Putin gets away with gobbling up a independent nation, Taiwan will fall to Red China shortly thereafter.

And that’s not the worst of it, not by far.  Once China knocks America off its superpower perch, the dollar will soon be replaced by  the Renminbi as the world’s reserve currency.  And then America is truly and irremediably fucked.  We’ll be a second world country in twenty years. At that point, since we won’t be able to do anything for anyone,  I think we should operate on the Israeli Model: 1) What’s in it for us, and 2) Fuck with the bull, and you get the horn.

One place we may agree: not one fucking red cent in foreign aid for these hare-brained social programs.  If it doesn’t directly involve killing people let the the UN worry about it, as best it can on whatever they can weasel out of someone else.

The one exception: a US Peace Corps, provided it’s staffed by retired Marines.  TLMF.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly why NATO is a joke
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have no problem with what Estonia is doing. My major beef is Germany, they fund the Russian war machine with their energy purchases and then they do less than the minimum when it comes to helping out.
View Quote

OK. We agree on this also.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm just sitting here realizing the Germans are close behind us on war tech again and it's spreading all over europe!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They sent 5 guns and they're tapped out, did I read that right?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone here posted that is like ten percent of all they have.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#50]
40 billion to Ukraine?  Only left leaning sheeple believe that.  That money has to pass through a lot of hands before it is used by Ukrainian military.  Ukraine might see 10 billion.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top