Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2022 6:46:23 PM EDT
Water has always been a bit hard, then over the last 3 months it started to smell like sulfer. Finally decided to get it squared away with a water softener and aeration filter. Some added features are leak detection/auto shut off both of which can be monitored from my phone.

I won't lie, it's pretty fun to see water usage in real time and see all sorts of other data.

In case anyone cares here's the info:
Drop Pro Water Softener S-48
Drop Pro Single Tank Aeration Filter I-25

Want specifics, just ask, it's a lot to type on my phone. Anyone familiar with this brand?

App:
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, I thought this would be a conversation starter...
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How does it do with the sulfur smell?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Our water is too soft. Is there a system that can correct that?
How much did your system cost? Did you do the install or was it turn key?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks expensive.  Did you test your water before and after?  Location, well, city water?  What made you go with this system?  Why not go with a traditional water softener
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool! Seems like a nice set up
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does it do with the sulfur smell?
View Quote

Eliminates it. It's only been installed for 8 hours and I can't smell it anywhere.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Our water is too soft. Is there a system that can correct that?
How much did your system cost? Did you do the install or was it turn key?
View Quote

I'm not sure on that.

$4300. No, a local dad and son (authorized dealer) company installed, walked me through it, set it all up. Comes with a 5 year warranty.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks expensive.  Did you test your water before and after?  Location, well, city water?  What made you go with this system?  Why not go with a traditional water softener
View Quote

Yeah, tested before, water was 11. Forgot the after number.

Well water in northern Virginia. Went with this system because i trusted the dealer because he was a referral from a knowledgeable friend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well water in northern Virginia. Went with this system because i trusted the dealer because he was a referral from a knowledgeable friend.
View Quote

Is it a salt free system and are there any filters to change?  I’ve seen way higher than 11 for hardness.  The number after should be 0 after installation as you should be able to set your system to offset the incoming hard water
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't really care about monitoring with an app so my basic single tank aerator with carbon was well worth the money spent on it.  I think it was just over 600 bucks.  Already had a Kinetico twin tank system.  It came with the house or I would have definitely not gone Kinetico due to their parts and repair policies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is it a salt free system and are there any filters to change?  I’ve seen way higher than 11 for hardness.  The number after should be 0 after installation as you should be able to set your system to offset the incoming hard water
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's at zero. No, it requires salt, but has a monitor to tell me to refill it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's at zero. No, it requires salt, but has a monitor to tell me to refill it.
View Quote

That’s good it requires salt.  The company I work for recommends using the small grain brands of salt like solar salt vs the big tablets.  I would use whatever your installer recommended to avoid a salt bridge
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That’s good it requires salt.  The company I work for recommends using the small grain brands of salt like solar salt vs the big tablets.  I would use whatever your installer recommended to avoid a salt bridge
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said pellets because they're less abrasive on a membrane.... I think the last part. Either way, I had them leave me an empty bag so I get the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top