Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2024 1:00:31 PM EDT
So far we haven't gotten a phone call after a pile of pictures.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: piperpa24] [#1]
Give it time.... I'm sure some teacher or lib parent will be offended.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, we played war at recess and drew pics of airplanes and tanks when I was coming up.......no one batted an eye at it
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a TEACHER and I draw guns in school. (I'm a compulsive doodler.)
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to do it all the time in the early 90's
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:18:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#5]
GET SOME!

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Commando223:
View Quote

I used to do it all the time in early 00’s. I don’t think any teacher cared since I was in the back row all the time and the grades on assignments/classes was never below 95%.

I finally got glasses a few months before senior year ended though…I thought the whiteboard was supposed to be fuzzy from the back of the room.🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe yinz/y'all don't live in a moronic school district.

Hopefully you all don't.

I'm sure we've gone full retard here in NoVa.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Pepper your Angus.  They are waiting for you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Back in the mid80s, I did that, then my 5th grade teacher ripped them out of my notebook.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#10]
My kids would get thrown out of government school so fast
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Literally every day.

Me and my two grade-school buddies would tape pieces of paper together and draw whole battles on like 6' of paper or guns in real size.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I was a middle school administrator for the last few years of my career and several times a year teachers would call complaining a kid drew a picture of a gun.

Then the teachers would get angry because I would laugh at them.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I sold a gun in school.
Carried an uncased Mossberg 500 into the classroom after school. The teacher gave me $150, I gave him the shotgun, and I left. Nobody gave a shit. Mind you, I didn't wave it around or anything, I carried it muzzle down, but still...
Everything was different (and better) in the '80s.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I used to bring toy guns to school back then.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
At first I thought this was a conversation about ccw presentation , then saw the photo….
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I drew guns all the time. I doodled all the time.

I remember one time a girl asked me what I was drawing.  And I said the right arm of freedom.  She never talked to me again.

Lol

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Man, we played war at recess and drew pics of airplanes and tanks when I was coming up.......no one batted an eye at it
View Quote
+2
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

And they included stars and swastikas to tell the good guys from the bad guys, as the bad guys had explosions on their side too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
We use to bring guns to show and tell!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I was in 6th grade in 1961 and we had two kids that would bring their 22s to school on the bus. They left them in the coat room until they went home (on the bus) to their friend's house so they could go shooting. They also went winter camping in the snow.

And I sold water pistols in elementary school too.

My high school had a rifle range in the basement, and a rifle team.

All of this 25 miles north of Philly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Uvalde LE has exited the chat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#22]
We used to make toy guns and crossbows in wood shop for battles on the playground.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]
In high school, we weren't allowed to leave guns in our vehicles.  You had to take them to the principals office, and pick them back up after school.

But we also had a smoking hall for kids, with ashtrays on the wall.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Graduated in 91 in central CA. Brought our 22’s to school and down the hall to the fab shop where they were locked up until we had rifle club practice. Shot 50’ indoor small bore and even got a letter for it our junior and senior year. What a crazy difference from then till now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs more Pop Tarts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Graduated from HS in 1968 . . . during fall hunting season, we were allowed to bring our shotguns from our cars into the school and keep them secured in our lockers.

I still remember my lock combination.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Ulster:
In high school, we weren't allowed to leave guns in our vehicles.  You had to take them to the principals office, and pick them back up after school.

View Quote

sometimes kept a 22lr marlin golden 39a on the back seat of my car parked at school and a machete on the shelf under the rear window behind the rear seat.

60s. no one cared. folks settled their differences with fist fights after school. no guns, knives, chains, glocks with switches etc.

ancient times
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#29]
All three of my boys attended the same Montessori charter school.
Upon the second time of the shitlib female director, or whatever, calling me in to meet about my boys talking about shooting suppressed machine guns and calling it "lying" and "violent speech" I showed her the videos of the kids having fun with no one harmed, reminded her of the 2A, and told her to shut up and fuck off.
She turned out to be a criminal. Surprise!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:07:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ulster] [#30]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

sometimes kept a 22lr marlin golden 39a on the back seat of my car parked at school and a machete on the shelf under the rear window behind the rear seat.

60s. no one cared. folks settled their differences with fist fights after school. no guns, knives, chains, glocks with switches etc.

ancient times
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:
Originally Posted By Ulster:

ancient times

yep...the guns were for hunting, not settling fights.  Most were shotguns in the truck window rack.  Times were different.  They were better times.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Alot of 22-250's around for chuck hunting
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Had one teacher bring it up with me, once. Most didn't really care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Got sent to the office in 8th grade because I found a way to push the buttons of my art teacher (who liked belittling me and some other boys in class). Pissed her off when I made picture of a nuclear missile launching from its silo. Project was "draw a scene from a recent movie you watched". Well I watched "The Day After" a couple weeks before. She lterally screamed at me for it. Sent her off the deep end by drawing cats in trees hanging by their tails along with the other boys in class who she's been treating like crap and we all got sent to the office. We told the vice principal about what she has been doing to all of us for the last semester. The next week there was a meeting at school with 6 parents (couple of them had lawyers with them), principal, vice principal, the art teacher AND the superintendant of schools (who my mom was on a 1st name basis with). All of us were sent to a different art class, teacher got reamed hard by the superintendant and told she wont be teaching there after the year is over. She had a history of harassing male students one of the lawyers found out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't be ridiculous. Even Uvalde cops can't draw guns in school.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#35]
Cute kid. He has talent.

A poster will be along urging, that it should drawn being in a holster, to make the feels police more comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uxb] [#36]
Drawing guns in school.was prohibited and frowned upon.

We had to keep them holstered except at recess.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DJ_Skinny:
Don't be ridiculous. Even Uvalde cops can't draw guns in school.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top