Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2021 8:41:40 PM EDT
Saw a 1/16 x 6" drill bit at the hardware store last week and thought why not?
Bosch BL2631

I have yet to encounter a cigar rolled too tight to smoke, but at less than $3 on-line in some places, it beats spending $30 on a name brand tool if it works.

Carry in a gutted Bic pen so I don't accidentally stab myself.

Tested it out on some bargain sticks and bored a hole only as deep as the flutes initially, but you can go as deep as needed.

The resulting hole was so tiny I doubted it would have any effect. On the dry draw in 5F temperatures, the increased airflow was noticeable with a laser beam of cool air on my tongue that wasn't there before. The cool sensation did not disappear after lighting and only went away gradually as things heated up.

Overall I'm happy with the results.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Cigars these days, seem to be more gently rolled. Back when I was a noob in the early 90s, things tended to be more tightly rolled—even for top notch premium cigars—to the point that I’d just pitch them into my lake while walking and kiss the $8 away.

Now...not so much so, but only once in a while.

Your idea is a good one, but a metal coat hanger works for cheap and I just use a toothpick.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I admit to using the occasional drill bit.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a little bamboo I guess it is. Straight skewer (I guess for making kabobs or something) about the size of a drill bit and a foot long. I cut a diagonal on the pointed end. Yes I'm cheap and I have a shitload of those things for some reason. Works.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a PerfecDraw it also doubles as a nubber

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top