Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 12:21:03 PM EDT

Drastic Changes Coming To Marine Corps Rifle Qualifications

Quick note: Recruit training marksmanship training will not change.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as they continue to do a good job of teaching basic marksmanship in bootcamp I'm good with the changes. Looks more realistic to me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks more realistic to me.
View Quote
Yessir! Real-world stuff vs. Camp Perry High Power Matches.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Why do I have this feeling that I could still outshoot these Boots

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Traditionalist, Iron Sight Marine here, but these changes do seem good to go.  MCRDs remain the same, so why not shoot like you fight once you get out to the fleet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
after having been out for some time now and getting back into shooting I always thought ALL units should have double if not triple their allotted range times annually.

seems like most non-gun units, post MCRD, get the basic re-qual and then thats it.   this proved to be a pain in the ass when we worked up for our deployment and being attached to a gun unit and basically having to relearn everything again
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yessir! Real-world stuff vs. Camp Perry High Power Matches.
View Quote
I'm all for the real world aspects of the training.
Question
With the optics on the rifle how are they being trained to handle quick changing situations that eliminate any viable use of the optics?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm all for the real world aspects of the training.
Question
With the optics on the rifle how are they being trained to handle quick changing situations that eliminate any viable use of the optics?
View Quote
What quick changing situations are you envisioning that are eliminating the viability of optics?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:49:33 AM EDT
[#8]
My Dad at Parris Island in July 1946 - high shooter in his platoon. I have his score book that you can see in the pocket of his shooting jacket - still looking for that Garand: Springfield Armory 2860035.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
They’ll wear combat gear, from helmet to body armor and shoot their assigned weapon, whether that’s an M4 or M16 or the M27.
View Quote
Is this part actually new?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top